The Silver Lining Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Silver Lining Thread

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:07 pm

Just couldn't bring myself to join in any of the discussions after the week we've had.
Everything I agree with has already been said and everything I disagree with has been argued against already.
There's a lot of doom and gloom about the forum, not just about how this season will end, but about the whole club.
Got me thinking, do we take things much worse now, because we have a decent team compared to years ago. I was always used to getting beaten by Liverpool and my mates slagging never really bothered me, it just seems harder to take when you expect more from a team, you think are underachieving.

So with that in mind, shut your eyes and think of the worst blow job you ever had. The absolute worst now, the one that absolutely is the shittiest one you ever had.........
Great wasn't it.
Well to me that's what it's like supporting City. Even the worst moments are great. We've been in a lot worse situations than this and it was always great even with all the slagging. I'm just glad I never turned to the Rags or the Dippers when I was a kid. Don't panic, Support City.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Re: The Silver Lining Thread

Postby twosips » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:14 pm

Oh i dunno.... it wasn't that great. It fucking hurt.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:15 pm

twosips wrote:Oh i dunno.... it wasn't that great. It fucking hurt.

Like supporting City.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Scatman » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:51 pm

Whenever there is yellow text I can never read it on my screen but it almost always says Sister of fu
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:56 pm

Did she tear the banjo string?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Scatman wrote:Whenever there is yellow text I can never read it on my screen but it almost always says Sister of fu

Well for Sis or Sheblue or any of the other ladies on here I apologise for the way this thread starts, but they can make up their own analogies, for what it is I'm saying. Basically we never had it so good, but it was always great being a City supporter even through the worst times. It was just great not being a boring United or Liverpool fan. Particularly United over the last two decades. I wouldn't swap my experiences as a blue for theirs as reds. It's much more character building. Now let's deal with success as well as we did abject failure.
A year is a very short time in football. The future is still ours.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:02 pm

Every now and again someone comes along and says we were shit in the past and that's good enough reason to be happy about anything now, irrespective of how the team plays. Not having a go, but sorry not for me.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby sheblue » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:04 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

how do you know it was a she?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:08 pm

sheblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

how do you know it was a she?

I reckon a bloke would know how to treat it but there again I could be mistaken.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:08 pm

sheblue wrote:Every now and again someone comes along and says we were shit in the past and that's good enough reason to be happy about anything now, irrespective of how the team plays. Not having a go, but sorry not for me.

I can understand that and in fairness the analogy probably doesn't help, but it's not the point I'm trying to make. I'm not saying because we were crap in the past let's enjoy ourselves now. I'm saying even though thing were crap in the past I never once would have swapped being a blue for any other team. I'm also saying that it seems like it hurts more now because we have a good team that don't seem to share the same passion as us at times.
The Silver Lining as far as I'm concerned is that I still firmly believe the future, more long term than just this season, is still very much blue.
There will be knock backs and they hurt because we care.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:49 pm

Can you do that? Please god tell me no!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:51 pm

It always pays to count your blessings and find a silva lining. Personally I found the trials and tribulations of the past a bloody nightmare at times. There are some good memories of course. Losing 4-0 at home to Wimbledon and 5-4 (I think) at Coventry after equalising on 4 occasions pissed me off no end. Yes, we are defo in a better place now. Time to draw a line under the last week for me. I'm going to take Wednesday afternoon off and have a few pre game scoops in town. Looking forward to it too.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby aristation » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:57 pm

Someone I travelled back from the Dippers said she wished we would get relegated so we could go back through that fun again (coming up). The mere fact that it is inconceivable is a source of joy for someone watching City from the early 70's. We just have to accept a poor season for us is boring third place and a bad season fifth.
It is a boredom I can take a t least for a couple of years!
It may be my last year as a season ticket holder as it just doesn't seem the same with so few English and local players (but I said that last year)
aristation
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:34 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Can you do that? Please god tell me no!

I'm afraid I can't tell you no and yes it is as painful as it sounds.

Lube is your friend.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:50 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:Every now and again someone comes along and says we were shit in the past and that's good enough reason to be happy about anything now, irrespective of how the team plays. Not having a go, but sorry not for me.

I can understand that and in fairness the analogy probably doesn't help, but it's not the point I'm trying to make. I'm not saying because we were crap in the past let's enjoy ourselves now. I'm saying even though thing were crap in the past I never once would have swapped being a blue for any other team. I'm also saying that it seems like it hurts more now because we have a good team that don't seem to share the same passion as us at times.
The Silver Lining as far as I'm concerned is that I still firmly believe the future, more long term than just this season, is still very much blue.

So the silver lining is that we may be better in the future? Considering the age of the current squad, that's unlikely unless we either spend more money than we're allowed or the kids who apparently aren't good enough to even play in the Capital One cup this season turn into league winners by next.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby patrickblue » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:00 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

So the silver lining is that we may be better in the future? Considering the age of the current squad, that's unlikely unless we either spend more money than we're allowed or the kids who apparently aren't good enough to even play in the Capital One cup this season turn into league winners by next.

It was much more fun when we were shit, and we knew we were.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:04 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

It was much more fun when we were shit, and we knew we were.

In some ways, I agree with that, as I celebrated every win for the full week as I knew it may be the last for a while. Nowadays, a win is the minimum requirement, so not winning trophies is disappointing. But if we were playing well, not getting the results or Chelsea were just better, then so be it. But yet again, we're giving the league away.

To date, we haven't managed to defend a single trophy. That doesn't sound to me like a team of winners.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:56 pm

This really isn't going the way I envisaged it. I was kind of hoping for an alternative thread to the board. Don't get me wrong. Nothing wrong with the discussions going on, but I just need a bit of positivity at the moment. I'm no looking at this season through blue tinted goggles, I just have a more optimistic long-term future in mind. I can live with the short term, even if I don't like it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby ruralblue » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:08 pm

I've got some belief fella and some faith that things will turn for the better again. I think Bony will come good given a run of games he'll soon find his feet. I shall keep the same faith I kept in 2012!!!!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:16 pm

i have to admit a bit of the foreskin envy that i've developed has dissipated slightly after reading this thread.

i'm learning a lot.

However, my 9 year old is uncut and i will have NO fucking idea how to handle any of the shit that's been mentioned in this thread....he's in the wilderness as far as that goes. Thank fuck for the internets.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum