The Silver Lining Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Silver Lining Thread

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:09 pm

twosips wrote:In light of how this thread has developed can i just clarify that my banjo string is in one piece and always has been. Ta.

Do you still strum a tune out of it?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:21 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:Every now and again someone comes along and says we were shit in the past and that's good enough reason to be happy about anything now, irrespective of how the team plays. Not having a go, but sorry not for me.

I can understand that and in fairness the analogy probably doesn't help, but it's not the point I'm trying to make. I'm not saying because we were crap in the past let's enjoy ourselves now. I'm saying even though thing were crap in the past I never once would have swapped being a blue for any other team. I'm also saying that it seems like it hurts more now because we have a good team that don't seem to share the same passion as us at times.
The Silver Lining as far as I'm concerned is that I still firmly believe the future, more long term than just this season, is still very much blue.
There will be knock backs and they hurt because we care.

So the silver lining is that we may be better in the future? Considering the age of the current squad, that's unlikely unless we either spend more money than we're allowed or the kids who apparently aren't good enough to even play in the Capital One cup this season turn into league winners by next.

It was much more fun when we were shit, and we knew we were.

It really wasnt

Amazing how you forget how shit it was!! People reminisce and look back at the good old days etc, but it was absolutely shite, who wants to go back to the rags winning everything and taking the piss. I love the current situation!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:27 pm

It was fucking horrible when we were shite. But the fans were miles better.

That's the downside of the current situation to me.

I think we have plenty to moan about regarding recent performances, but the overall picture is absolutely fucking fantastic.

It amazes me that some people still have the Swales mentality that sacking absolutely everybody every two years & starting from scratch, is the way to go about it.

The club overall is on a pretty much unstoppable upward journey. The only way it could be derailed is if the chairman had the same idiotic mentality as some of the fans. Luckily, whilst managers may come & go, I think the 'project' will continue to its conclusion.

Which will be immense.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:57 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:It was fucking horrible when we were shite. But the fans were miles better.

I think we have plenty to moan about regarding recent performances, but the overall picture is absolutely fucking fantastic.

It amazes me that some people still have the Swales mentality that sacking absolutely everybody every two years & starting from scratch, is the way to go about it.

The club overall is on a pretty much unstoppable upward journey. The only way it could be derailed is if the chairman had the same idiotic mentality as some of the fans. Luckily, whilst managers may come & go, I think the 'project' will continue to its conclusion.

Which will be immense.

Amen, to that. I think if you are in this thread thinking it is some sort of nostalgic look at how great it was to be shit, then you are totally missing the point.
It was shite but for me personally the hurt was no worse than seeing a team of stars under-perform now.
'The club overall is on a pretty much unstoppable upward journey. '...... There's your silver lining. If you don't get it, fine. Each of us deals with our current disappointments differently.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:13 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:It was fucking horrible when we were shite. But the fans were miles better.

Which will be immense.

It's only on an unstoppable upward journey in even years. In odd years, we throw it all away again. So at least we're only typical City every other year. Is that a silver lining?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:45 pm

Typical City never used to include being 2nd in the league & in the group stages of the Champions League though.

If that's what qualifies as a disaster these days, I'll settle for a disaster every couple of years.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:27 pm

Let's resign Joleon roll a fat one.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:31 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Typical City never used to include being 2nd in the league & in the group stages of the Champions League though.

If that's what qualifies as a disaster these days, I'll settle for a disaster every couple of years.

As other clubs get stronger while we are going backwards ?

Fuck that !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:45 pm

City64 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Typical City never used to include being 2nd in the league & in the group stages of the Champions League though.

Fuck that !

Stupid comment. If we are winning titles on average every coupke of years, it's mathematically impossible for other clubs to be getting stronger whilst we are going backwards.

If people stop being such fucking slapped arses, they would realise that in the last four fucking seasons, there is only one club in the Premier League who has been consistant at the top.

If what has happened with City during that period isn't good enough & causes such depression, best bet is to chuck it in, because it's rarely going to get better, for the rest of your life, & when it does, you can be fucking sure that it will soon get worse again afterwards, so this horrible misery you are feeling now is going to happen over & over again, until you eventually croak.

I will promise you that.

This is not Scotland or Germany, & we are not Celtic or Bayern Munich. If you think everything is going to work out for us every season, even if we get Pep Guardiola, Mourinho, Mancini & dig up & reanimate Bill fucking Shankley, to manage City together, with Messi & Ronaldo in the team, we are still going to come 2nd or worse, on many many many occasions.

Get used to it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:13 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
City64 wrote:

Fuck that !

Stupid comment. If we are winning titles on average every coupke of years, it's mathematically impossible for other clubs to be getting stronger whilst we are going backwards.

If people stop being such fucking slapped arses, they would realise that in the last four fucking seasons, there is only one club in the Premier League who has been consistant at the top.

If what has happened with City during that period isn't good enough & causes such depression, best bet is to chuck it in, because it's rarely going to get better, for the rest of your life, & when it does, you can be fucking sure that it will soon get worse again afterwards, so this horrible misery you are feeling now is going to happen over & over again, until you eventually croak.

I will promise you that.

This is not Scotland or Germany, & we are not Celtic or Bayern Munich. If you think everything is going to work out for us every season, even if we get Pep Guardiola, Mourinho, Mancini & dig up & reanimate Bill fucking Shankley, to manage City together, with Messi & Ronaldo in the team, we are still going to come 2nd or worse, on many many many occasions.

Get used to it.

Chuck what in Ted ??? and as for stupid comment you can go fuck yourself !
The Sheik has invested fortunes he doesn't do shit seasons or average that's the fucking reality ! Whilst we have gone backwards this season Chelsea under a pure cunt of a manager have got stronger and are on the verge of the double and have a far better chance of winning the CL than we do , they will also be very very strong again next season . Arsenal are better and stronger than they were last season and Liverpool are getting there act together again , oh and there are the rags who wont be shit for too long . This is the reality today , anyone trying to kid themselves any different needs to take some tablets and make an appointment with the doctors . Pellegrini is an old man ffs he has been found out , he was fantastic last season but the squad he inherited was the best squad in the Premier League by some distance .........the football was fantastic and the memories epic ! Managers at top European clubs rarely last in a job 3 years this is the reality of elite football clubs today , it isn't like 20 or 30 fucking years ago ffs !!! MCFC has to progress year upon year whether it is winning just one trophy a fucking treble or reaching the quarter finals of the CL that is modern day progress the sheik is looking to build for the MCFC world franchaise . It could be a monster they are building but that is exactly what it is so coming 2nd doesn't sit well with our owners , get used to it !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:29 pm

Hughes fired we all knew, he was last to find out. Bobby dead man walking on the day of a cup final, media briefed on the Friday night, you might think the modern City is caring and building a perfect world, no chance ruthless, get used to it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:46 pm

I'm not the one slashing my fucking wrists about the possibility of not winning the fucking league.

City are going to fail to win the league, loads & loads of times.

If you think that's not true. You are dicks.

We have done very well so far. We have only had a genuine title challenging side for 4 years & won 2 titles. I'm happy with that & I'll be happy with that ratio on average for the rest of my life.

If it makes you characters so miserable that you have to come on a silver lining thread to try & make everyone else as miserable as you are, I think you are in for a very miserable future, supporting City. Because it's very unlikely to get better on the whole. Maybe sometimes we will win two or three on the bounce but other times we will win none in three. That's how it will be.

It doesn't matter what the Sheikh wants. He won't get a title every year whatever he does & will be lucky to get one in two.

Me, I'll be fucking delighted with that and consider it huge success . Sulk if you want. I don't give a fuck. City are not going away & will win loads of stuff, possibly with loads of homegrown players.

I think the club is in fantaetic shape for the future & there is very much a silver lining.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:53 pm

anyone sane agrees with that....

anyone who thinks we can rest on our laurels, however, is certifiable.

I don't think we have the spine of a team to compete for titles and cups over the next 5 years. We need a refresh.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:54 pm

What does Fantaetic mean.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:55 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

anyone sane agrees with that....

anyone who thinks we can rest on our laurels, however, is certifiable.

I don't think we have the spine of a team to compete for titles and cups over the next 5 years. We need a refresh.

cheers

We've got the spine but we definitely need freshening up. Time we stopped relying on the same faces & found a couple of new ones. But tbf, we had that with Negredo til his head went.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:56 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I'm not the one slashing my fucking wrists about the possibility of not winning the fucking league.

City are going to fail to win the league, loads & loads of times.

If you think that's not true. You are dicks.

We have done very well so far. We have only had a genuine title challenging side for 4 years & won 2 titles. I'm happy with that & I'll be happy with that ratio on average for the rest of my life.

If it makes you characters so miserable that you have to come on a silver lining thread to try & make everyone else as miserable as you are, I think you are in for a very miserable future, supporting City. Because it's very unlikely to get better on the whole. Maybe sometimes we will win two or three on the bounce but other times we will win none in three. That's how it will be.

It doesn't matter what the Sheikh wants. He won't get a title every year whatever he does & will be lucky to get one in two.

Me, I'll be fucking delighted with that and consider it huge success . Sulk if you want. I don't give a fuck. City are not going away & will win loads of stuff, possibly with loads of homegrown players.

I think the club is in fantaetic shape for the future & there is very much a silver lining.

Don't think anyone is slashing there wrists and I don't think anyone expects us to win the title every season ????? and who the fuck is sulking ???? some on here are just expressing their views on how it really is under Pellegrini this season , oh and lastly if you read my post properly it states that progress each season can be a number of things ............. put your dummy back in ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:04 pm

Put my dummy back in ?

You are the one who pulled me up saying I'm happy if we miss the title every couple of years. I will be totally happy if we do that.

I think the club is in great shape & I'm confident it will continue in the future. How being positive about City is spitting my dummy out, I've no idea.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:19 pm

Which will be immense.

As a fan I haven't changed and the only real whinging bastard I see who expects everything on a plate is you.

You whinge about the back 5, the midfield and the attack, near week in/week out,yet you preach that it's all of us that are bringing it down, not you?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Put my dummy back in ?

You are the one who pulled me up saying I'm happy if we miss the title every couple of years. I will be totally happy if we do that.

I think the club is in great shape & I'm confident it will continue in the future. How being positive about City is spitting my dummy out, I've no idea.

You are a very good poster Ted and know your football but sometimes it gets the better of you , nuff said we all want the best for MCFC .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:24 pm

City64 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Put my dummy back in ?

You are a very good poster Ted and know your football but sometimes it gets the better of you , nuff said we all want the best for MCFC .

The thread is an attempt at positivity. That's what I'm doing.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum