The Silver Lining Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Silver Lining Thread

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:28 am

Socrates wrote:Eight games left that are games we have won in recent championship winning seasons and are all winnable now, 85 points may well be enough. I find it very perplexing that people are giving up when we have come from similar positions to be champions twice in three years. No need for silver linings when the clouds aren't even here yet!

I agree, & it's not as if Chelsea look like a side who would never drop points. They have often looked like a side who fancy dropping points, if we can press them a bit.

Of course it's unlikely we win it, but it's not impossible. And that's pretty much how it has been each time we've won it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:44 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Socrates wrote:Eight games left that are games we have won in recent championship winning seasons and are all winnable now, 85 points may well be enough. I find it very perplexing that people are giving up when we have come from similar positions to be champions twice in three years. No need for silver linings when the clouds aren't even here yet!

I agree, & it's not as if Chelsea look like a side who would never drop points. They have often looked like a side who fancy dropping points, if we can press them a bit.

Of course it's unlikely we win it, but it's not impossible. And that's pretty much how it has been each time we've won it.

i'll eat herb's shit if we win it
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:02 am

I normally tend to veer towards the more pessimistic side of the road but there is much merit in what you have posted.

I think that our results AND performances, in the next couple of games, are going to be crucial.

After that, who knows ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:16 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I don't want to fucking know what you two get up to.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:20 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I don't want to fucking know what you two get up to.

You must be the exception Ted.

There's a lot of fight arrangers posters on here who do.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:54 pm

Struggling to find even a sliver of a silver lining at the moment.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Herb » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:58 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Never have I wanted a win more than I wanted a win today. My guts have been off for a day or so and it would've been perfect timing.
When I shit I have to flush at intervals 'cos the smells so bad that it makes me want to retch.
You'd have liked that Tickle wouldn't you?
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:01 pm

Silver lining? - well I am staying at my dad's and they now have a Wetherspoons in Shaw with Magners @ 1.99

That will have to do although do not need ice - fucking freezing at swamp today
Last edited by mcfc1632 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby bigblue » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:11 pm

I only wasted 1/4 the amount of money (by being in Vietnam) watching this heartless performance as usual. Shite all round.

Maybe the real silver lining can be that this sparks major changes as in our talented youngsters playing or getting in some fucking players that care
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:42 pm

it gets this place going again
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby twosips » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:52 pm

Silver lining for me is that i think the summer overhaul will be drastic now. We've forced that hand really. Lots of young and hopefully exciting new players with promotions for some of our own kids. It'll at least make next season interesting.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:31 pm

No silver lining for me. I mean I can always get over a shit display. Went out and had a relaxing meal with my mrs and disabled daughter, took a few photos at the latter supposedly laughing at our defeat. Ofcourse she doesn't understand and cheers when the oppo scores. Sometimes I think she's got it right. Yeh, there was more fun when our expectations were lower and Tricky Trev and Sibby didn't attract as much ire as this ludicrously overpaid lot. I do worry that our club always seems to think the chequebook is the answer and the likelihood is for more cheating fucking mercenaries.Social media and perpetual coverage mean were all drawn in as if its life and death. Where I sit there are enough characters to remind each other its not. The old boy behind me thinks Aguero will never be as good as Billy Mc Adams and in some ways he's right.Just doesn't feel like it tonight.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:00 pm

Surprised to find anyone brave enough to post in here so soon.
Spent a great week in my sisters place in Suffolk in which time we've lost to Palace and now to the Rags.
Didn't feel like posting on any thread. Still don't.
Hopeful for next year and the thoughts of a few youngsters putting some pride into our performances again. But really just can't wait for this season to be over. Fearful that we mightn't secure fourth though, that should be the priority above all else now.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:34 pm

We have won two titles in 4 years.

The reaction has been like it never happened & as if we somehow didn't deserve it.

Well it did fucking happen, we did deserve it & the current players have done better than Bell, Lee & Summerbee did.

Now some need changing. But they are still Champions & that will never change even if some have lost it.

Exciting times ahead for those who enjoy a competition.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:42 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:We have won two titles in 4 years.

The reaction has been like it never happened & as if we somehow didn't deserve it.

Well it did fucking happen, we did deserve it & the current players have done better than Bell, Lee & Summerbee did.

Now some need changing. But they are still Champions & that will never change even if some have lost it.

My thoughts precisely Ted Bundy
Original Dub

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:13 am

I suppose like most seasons it's been a funny one. No one team has set the world on fire, in fact, at times, the leading contenders have been unbelievably crap - us included. I talk to some old school rags fans and they are bemused as to why they are so high in the league. Ok, they're playing well at the moment, but you have to ask the question - overall, are they really that good? Perversely enough, beating us so handsomely might lead them to think that everything is sorted, they're back to their best ... etc. The old school rags know it isn't. This year, they haven't had European games, with all the pressure that brings. They've got away with it this year.

Imagine if we'd beat them 4-2, they'd just go out and spend another £200 million, and keep doing it until they got it right.

It isn't much of a silver lining, but you can always rely on our neighbours for smug, self-satisfied complacency
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:19 am

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:We have won two titles in 4 years.

My thoughts precisely Ted Bundy

You say that now...until he rolls up in an arm sling and asks for help loading some shit into his VW bug.

I love competition. We aren't fucking even in it.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:42 pm

Well.....we were shite but still won. United were shite and lost. Liverpool were shite and drew. Arsenal drew, Southampton and Spurs drew.
We're back second for a while.
Is it too soon for a thread bump? Optimism?? Light at the end of the tunnell???
OK fair enough!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:10 pm

If City turn up at Spurs, they will win & then I recon will finish 2nd. If not, then 3rd or 4th depending on how much the rags fuck up.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:40 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If City turn up at Spurs, they will win & then I recon will finish 2nd. If not, then 3rd or 4th depending on how much the rags fuck up.

Quick question... Last time we actually turned up was when exactly? I've literally lost track. Sadly.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum