The Silver Lining Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Silver Lining Thread

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:46 pm

nottsblue wrote:Second place in the bag and it looks like an exciting transfer window with FFP limits being withdrawn. Much rosier outlook than a month ago

Oh Yesh! As Churchill would say.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu May 21, 2015 7:25 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Second place in the bag and it looks like an exciting transfer window with FFP limits being withdrawn. Much rosier outlook than a month ago

I think that was Basil Brush actually.

I would be interested to see Arsenal's form running up to the point where they had 2nd place sewn up, & then their form from the moment they realised they had to actually win games for a reason, to stay there, rather than just cruise along without a fucking care in the world. It seems the pressure of second place was too much for them.

If it was them who had been the rags' main challengers in recent times rather than Chelsea & City, then the rags would have won every fucking title, since 2004.

And when the rags need a bit of support in their plan to save themselves, who comes running to their ffp rescue ? Why it's Arsenal. They can't have themselves behind City, but 2nd to Utd for 100 years ? An honour.

What an absolute shite excuse for a football club.

Oh sorry, silver lining: we are 2nd, those wankers are fighting for the Wenger Trophy yet again. And we are about to get a lot better.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 21, 2015 8:08 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

I would be interested to see Arsenal's form running up to the point where they had 2nd place sewn up, & then their form from the moment they realised they had to actually win games for a reason, to stay there, rather than just cruise along without a fucking care in the world. It seems the pressure of second place was too much for them.

If it was them who had been the rags' main challengers in recent times rather than Chelsea & City, then the rags would have won every fucking title, since 2004.

And when the rags need a bit of support in their plan to save themselves, who comes running to their ffp rescue ? Why it's Arsenal. They can't have themselves behind City, but 2nd to Utd for 100 years ? An honour.

Oh sorry, silver lining: we are 2nd, those wankers are fighting for the Wenger Trophy yet again. And we are about to get a lot better.

Mr Potato head has to play against the club he has bent over for year after year, what a dilemma for the over-rated twat. You reap what you sow, at least it makes the final day more interesting
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 21, 2015 8:12 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Mr Potato head has to play against the club he has bent over for year after year, what a dilemma for the over-rated twat. You reap what you sow, at least it makes the final day more interesting

It doesn't really. Rags have won the Wenger Trophy barring a minor miracle. Goons are 3 points ahead with a +7 in GD.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Thu May 21, 2015 8:22 am

without doubt wenger will be sacked now for failing to secure his title, the board at arsenal after accepting 4th place for donkeys will not ever accept third.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:18 am

sheblue wrote:without doubt wenger will be sacked now for failing to secure his title, the board at arsenal after accepting 4th place for donkeys will not ever accept third.

Arse could lose by four, United could win by four.....
Meh! Who cares.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu May 21, 2015 9:23 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:without doubt wenger will be sacked now for failing to secure his title, the board at arsenal after accepting 4th place for donkeys will not ever accept third.

Arse could lose by four, United could win by four.....
Meh! Who cares.

I'd actually much prefer that, the gooners fans would implode
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu May 21, 2015 9:58 am

There's a mate of mine who used to text me about 20 times a day, arguing about football, mainly the rags, & since his gloating text about them winning the title, which I read about 3 hours later because I was busy watching City win the FA Cup at Wembley, I have received a total of about 5 texts regarding football, one of which was after they beat us recently, saying 'normal service is resumed'.

I think I will text him on Sunday, to congratulate him on the rags grabbing the Wenger trophy this season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 21, 2015 10:00 am

Ted Hughes wrote:There's a mate of mine who used to text me about 20 times a day, arguing about football, mainly the rags, & since his gloating text about them winning the title, which I read about 3 hours later because I was busy watching City win the FA Cup at Wembley, I have received a total of about 5 texts regarding football, one of which was after they beat us recently, saying 'normal service is resumed'.

I think I will text him on Sunday, to congratulate him on the rags grabbing the Wenger trophy this season.

Don't forget to add 'after all that money spent', they appreciate that.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:36 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:There's a mate of mine who used to text me about 20 times a day, arguing about football, mainly the rags, & since his gloating text about them winning the title, which I read about 3 hours later because I was busy watching City win the FA Cup at Wembley, I have received a total of about 5 texts regarding football, one of which was after they beat us recently, saying 'normal service is resumed'.

There's a silver lining to the season after all. You still have bragging rights in the Greater Manchester and London Areas.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu May 21, 2015 10:58 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:

There's a silver lining to the season after all. You still have bragging rights in the Greater Manchester and London Areas.

You might also want to throw in a line about 'long-ball' football.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 21, 2015 11:02 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

You might also want to throw in a line about 'long-ball' football.

And teaching their EDS to do the exact same.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby SomeMichaelGuy » Thu May 21, 2015 4:44 pm

Not sure if this was mentioned elsewhere but seems like a silver lining to me - we apparently made more than Chelski, despite only coming second.

http://www.totalsportek.com/football/pr ... able-2015/
SomeMichaelGuy
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Aguero / Sun Jihai

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:01 am

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Brill, simple as that.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:01 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

Brill, simple as that.

Take it take it take it
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:23 pm

He's set fireworks off at the swamp today. Three nil at the swamp.

Superb
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:57 pm

Blatter going , Brendan Rodgers staying .

There is a god ! :-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:37 pm

So much to be happy with at the moment. The silver lining has turned into a blanket
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum