Very Poor Signings The Last Few Transfer Windows.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Very Poor Signings The Last Few Transfer Windows.

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:11 pm

twosips wrote:I think a bigger concern is the more attacking aspect of our team to be honest.

I think you have a point here. In so far as, our attacking players are pretty good at attacking but not so good in the overall defensive duties that our "system" seems to require.
Our transfers from last summer have come in for an awful lot of stick this season, but in some ways they look to me like they are part of an unfinished jigsaw.
I've been critical of Fernando for being of limited technical ability, but I don't fault his work rate. I'm not sure about Mangala, but am willing to concede that Zabba didn't look up to much in his first couple of seasons either.
In both these these guys cases, sometimes it looks to me like, they are part of an unfinished overhaul and are suffering because the defensive part of our attack is broken. This summer's business, will tell us a lot, I think. I'm hoping that City are at the point that we don't have to buy these kind of squad players again.
I would like to see all home grown squad requirement filled from within the club and only top quality brought in externally.
I think an injection of youthful energy into the midfield/forwards, would benefit our defence and you might get more out of the much maligned transfers from last year.
Even Navas has got his fair amount of criticism, but the guy works his socks off and if the rest of our forwards had his energy, they might make it up into the box to receive a cross from him more often. As it is he quite often has to wait for them to arrive.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum