How much for Nasri?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: How much for Nasri?

Postby Blue In Bolton » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:25 pm

Beat me to it Sideshow Bob. Christ, imagine a midfield containing both Isco and Pogba. It would be like real-life Championship Manager!!
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Blue In Bolton » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:30 pm

As an afterthought, if the rumours are true about Pogba going to Real then why not go after Sami Khedira as well as Isco? Would fit well in central midfield and Real would have a surplus of midfielders so would need to get rid of one or two.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:42 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:Beat me to it Sideshow Bob. Christ, imagine a midfield containing both Isco and Pogba. It would be like real-life Championship Manager!!

agreed. isco would slot right in for nasri. i guess pogba would bump fern 1, assuming yaya were still here?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Blue In Bolton » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:01 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Blue In Bolton wrote:Beat me to it Sideshow Bob. Christ, imagine a midfield containing both Isco and Pogba. It would be like real-life Championship Manager!!

agreed. isco would slot right in for nasri. i guess pogba would bump fern 1, assuming yaya were still here?

Not necessarily. You could actually change the system (as discussed in other threads) to a 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1. Imagine Fernandinho and Pogba behind a three of Silva, Toure and Isco. Now that is a midfield to make the mouth water and would be the stuff of dreams!!
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Postby twosips » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:12 pm

I really really like Nasri, but I also recognise that things sometimes need refreshing cos that's the way it is - for that reason alone i'd not be disappointed to see him go if Isco came in. Isco's just as talented, if not potentially more so, and five years younger.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:15 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

Not necessarily. You could actually change the system (as discussed in other threads) to a 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1. Imagine Fernandinho and Pogba behind a three of Silva, Toure and Isco. Now that is a midfield to make the mouth water and would be the stuff of dreams!!

I caught bits last night of RM. Isco took a ball down over the shoulder and retained it laid it off the crowd love him. I also think he is bomb proof now at Madrid, unless Modric walks back in and he gets dropped.He is a class player and better now than most of our MF . Just on a side issue the desire to go a full 90 mins was in stark contrast when you look at us yesterday with the season going belly up we looked gone.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Blue In Bolton » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:20 pm

Thanks for the heads-up mate. That is a real pity for us as he (Isco) would be my dream signing for next season. I don't know what to say about the lack of desire that's not already been said as it seems to be petering out like Bobby Manc's last season but without the cup final to look forward to.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:53 pm

I really really like Nasri, but I also recognise that things sometimes need refreshing cos that's the way it is - for that reason alone i'd not be disappointed to see him go if Isco came in. Isco's just as talented, if not potentially more so, and five years younger.

I'm leaning towards that if we have to let him or Silva go, we actually keep Nasri. I got no real argument for it except the ones already put out by Sparty, plus the fact that we would get a lot of money for Silva. Nasri I think will only get better and is more suited for the defensive duties that Pellegrini requires of players. Silva might have peaked. I don't know, it's not a well thought out thing or nothing. Just a thought.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:07 pm

Our team are a bunch of old cunts managed by an old cunt.

We need to mix it the fuck up, and fast.

Kids, and a new gaffer.

Some sales in the summer. Adding a couple of high quality cunts after selling 4 or 5 and replacing the difference with kids.

Let's fucking get things moving here dammit.

We're like pond water.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby twosips » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:46 pm

That's it in a nutshell for me ^
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Harumph!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby mr_nool » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:16 am

I've always been a Nasri licker - even when it was fashionable to hate him a couple of years back. In fact it's one of the few things me and Piccs really disagre on regarding City if I recall correctly. i'd like to see him stay at City. He will be 28 at the start of the next season, so age wise he should be in his prime and a perfect mentor for the kids (hopefully) coming into the squad next season.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:41 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:Harumph!

this made me chuckle, cheers mate.

Governor William J. Le Petomane: [pointing to a member of his cabinet] I didn't get a "harrumph" out of that guy!
Hedley Lamarr: Give the Governor harrumph!
Politician: Harrumph!
Governor William J. Le Petomane: You watch your ass.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:07 am

Isco is a good player, but he's playing for Real Madrid, in Spain.

Nasri is playing for City, in the Premier League. City are getting pelters for losing at Liverpool, but when Barca & Real Madrid come up against decent Spanish teams who are up for it, they sometimes fuck up as well. Most of the time, it's a stroll for them though. It isn't for City over here, nor for Nasri.

It's not a fair comparison. If Nasri was bumped out for Isco, it might be an improvement, but it's not going to be a world beating improvement, & we may still have the same problem vs teams like Liverpool. The problem of fitting in Isco & Silva in those games, is likely to be very similar to the problem of fitting in Nasri & Silva.

Isco in a game like that for City, with no Ronaldo to turn to, when it's his job to win it, is entirely different to what Isco faces on a daily basis.

No guarantee he will be more effective over a season than Nasri. Samir has done a good job at City.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:41 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Isco is a good player, but he's playing for Real Madrid, in Spain.

Nasri is playing for City, in the Premier League. City are getting pelters for losing at Liverpool, but when Barca & Real Madrid come up against decent Spanish teams who are up for it, they sometimes fuck up as well. Most of the time, it's a stroll for them though. It isn't for City over here, nor for Nasri.

It's not a fair comparison. If Nasri was bumped out for Isco, it might be an improvement, but it's not going to be a world beating improvement, & we may still have the same problem vs teams like Liverpool. The problem of fitting in Isco & Silva in those games, is likely to be very similar to the problem of fitting in Nasri & Silva.

Isco in a game like that for City, with no Ronaldo to turn to, when it's his job to win it, is entirely different to what Isco faces on a daily basis.

No guarantee he will be more effective over a season than Nasri. Samir has done a good job at City.

I think good is what he was. On the way to being outstanding Ted, he has the crowd drooling at his poise on the ball. Modric is 30 and will be the perfect example of a top player get injured to find the show has moved on a notch and so will he. 21 mill now Madrid could get 50 mill all day long. Isco is a poster boy I said it break the bank get the deal done 20 offer 25 mill at the time to blow Madrid out of the water.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:45 am

So Isco is hardworking, but Nasri is not? OK!
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:56 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Isco is a good player, but he's playing for Real Madrid, in Spain.

I think good is what he was. On the way to being outstanding Ted, he has the crowd drooling at his poise on the ball. Modric is 30 and will be the perfect example of a top player get injured to find the show has moved on a notch and so will he. 21 mill now Madrid could get 50 mill all day long. Isco is a poster boy I said it break the bank get the deal done 20 offer 25 mill at the time to blow Madrid out of the water.

We get several examples of this absolute nonsense every season. A new flavour of the month. If Madrid get 50mil for Isco, it will be from Utd or PSG. If we pay it we are fucking mugs. Five goals in 37 games for Real Madrid, in Spain.

He showed vs Liverpool, that he can probably play in the Premier League. Probably. Isco might improve our team. Might. He also might struggle.

He might be an improvement on Nasri, he might not.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:11 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

We get several examples of this absolute nonsense every season. A new flavour of the month. If Madrid get 50mil for Isco, it will be from Utd or PSG. If we pay it we are fucking mugs. Five goals in 37 games for Real Madrid, in Spain.

He showed vs Liverpool, that he can probably play in the Premier League. Probably. Isco might improve our team. Might. He also might struggle.

I am not comparing him to Nasri, he is a player we missed that's it, Flavour of the month, have you seen is pedigree, he was nailed on to become what we see now, HARDLY ROCKET SCIENCE IS IT.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:03 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I am not comparing him to Nasri, he is a player we missed that's it, Flavour of the month, have you seen is pedigree, he was nailed on to become what we see now, HARDLY ROCKET SCIENCE IS IT.

He went to fucking Real Madrid instead of City!!

HARDLY ROCKET SCIENCE IS IT

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:40 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

He went to fucking Real Madrid instead of City!!

HARDLY ROCKET SCIENCE IS IT

Pity, we had to beat them to Isco as we had a lap start, maybe that is the type of deal we have to be getting over the line like Hazard as well.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum