Seven and a half mins.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Seven and a half mins.

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:34 pm

blues2win wrote:We could try a 4-2-3-1 system. The two Ferns in front of the back four. Silva Yaya and Navas playing in central midfield with Aguero up front. Aguero needs support if it's to work but it allows the full backs to push up and we get the pace of Navas and Yaya allowed to express himself further up the pitch without too much in the way of defensive duties. That still leaves Nasri Lampard Dzeko and Bony available to bring on. The alternative would be 4-3-3 with the two Ferns and Yaya in central midfield and Silva and Navas up alongside Aguero. That would be more adventurous. 4 in central midfield is a very old fashioned way to play and we haven't actually got a front two who play very well together. Maybe Aguero and Bony will hit it off but Aguero and Dzeko rarely have imo. Aguero's quite a selfish cunt as a lot of top strikers are so its not necessarily Dzeko's fault.

That's all well and good when we have the ball but the problem is when we don't have the ball, we seem to switch off, not work hard enough and just wait until we have the ball back.

It really doesn't matter what formation we set up with if we are not going to press and harass as a team. This is our only problem. All the players are good enough
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:39 pm

It's clear toe that when we play the better teams we don't set up right. There's no point burying the collective head in the sand. It needs fixing but we just continue to set up the same. When it is not working during the game MP is very slow to react. It's as if he can't see what everyone else can.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:42 pm

Yes, maybe the system might be the problem, 4-3-2-1 was the best, but we did ok with our current 4-4-2.

If you ask me, there are two reason, tiredness and complaceny. Can anyone name, except Bayern, team that bought the best from the rivals to achieve this, but can anyone name a consistent dominant team in Spain, England or France? I am not saying Italy because everything there is bent as fuck.

You cannot build a dinasty in this time and era because the players are not the same. If Taggart would start all over again tomorrow and manage filth, he would not repeat the same performances because the players are different.

Today players are cunts simple as that. Spoiled brats that have a mental breakdown because your club gave you a cake 3 days earlier than your birthday, while you earn 12 mil euros pe year without other sponsorship cash. They don't have the hunger.

Except Zaba and Sergio, name one player that gives everything on the pitch? None.

Sadly, we will have ups and downs like this for many years to come.
Last edited by PeterParker on Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:45 pm

People keep posting this bollocks about not setting up right.

We have set up in every possible formation known to man, under two entirely different managers. Which one should we have stuck with, and why ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:57 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:Quite simple. Milner played shit! He's not a defensive midfielder and he hasn't got the creativity to be a top class central midfielder. He's either a second choice right sided midfielder to Navas or a first choice left sided midfielder when our left flank needs added solidity. Imo!

Well there's the problem imo.

The way Pellegrini wants to play, needs a couple of players bringing in, for it to work properly.

But if we try to be solid, we don't create anything, & still let goals in. We saw that in Mancini's 2nd season. He also tried the same system Rodgers used today & we were fucking shit at it.

The phrase " if we try to be solid" doesn't mean a thing with City. I cannot imagine a team we could set up and be solid if their lives depended on it. As a result we don't even try to be solid and all this talk about us having an extra man in midfield might have a point but it wouldn't mean we become solid and difficult to play against.

Clearly we are a good exciting and threatening side with the ball but without the ball we are wide open so much of the time.Some of that it the tactical approach but most of it is down to the players lacking desire and athleticism.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:00 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:People keep posting this bollocks about not setting up right.

We have set up in every possible formation known to man, under two entirely different managers. Which one should we have stuck with, and why ?

I would go 4-4-2 at home to lesser teams but play 5 in the middle away from home, against the better teams and in Europe. We can't just pretend nothing is wrong and wait until we are 5th in the league and the better players fuck off. The first half v Barca was embarrassing and the whole world could see it was naive. When we played Roma at home I was squirming with embarrassment at the fucking great big gaping hole in the middle of the park.
South Stand Balti

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:00 pm

Clearly we are a good exciting and threatening side with the ball but without the ball we are wide open so much of the time.Some of that it the tactical approach but most of it is down to the players lacking desire and athleticism.

Fair enough, but why did we manage to win the league three and one year ago with pretty much this group of players? I'll buy into the athleticism argument a bit but why then has it made such an impact this season?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:06 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:Quite simple. Milner played shit! He's not a defensive midfielder and he hasn't got the creativity to be a top class central midfielder. He's either a second choice right sided midfielder to Navas or a first choice left sided midfielder when our left flank needs added solidity. Imo!

Well there's the problem imo.

The way Pellegrini wants to play, needs a couple of players bringing in, for it to work properly.

But if we try to be solid, we don't create anything, & still let goals in. We saw that in Mancini's 2nd season. He also tried the same system Rodgers used today & we were fucking shit at it.

The phrase " if we try to be solid" doesn't mean a thing with City. I cannot imagine a team we could set up and be solid if their lives depended on it. As a result we don't even try to be solid and all this talk about us having an extra man in midfield might have a point but it wouldn't mean we become solid and difficult to play against.

When we set up with two central midfielders the better oppo put an extra man in there and dominate midfield. Our central two are outnumbered and have too much work to do. In my opinion they tire and are seen to be "not working hard enough."
South Stand Balti

Postby Dameerto » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:08 pm

It's down to the manager to instil desire in the players, and to get them in the right frame of mind for the game(s).
So if we are losing games because of a lack of desire from the team - it's the manager's fault.
If we are losing the games because of team selection or a lack of tactical variation - it's the manager's fault.
If we don't have the correct personnel in the squad to fulfil the manager's wishes - it's the manager's fault.

To sum up - it's the manager's fault.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:09 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:People keep posting this bollocks about not setting up right.

I would go 4-4-2 at home to lesser teams but play 5 in the middle away from home, against the better teams and in Europe. We can't just pretend nothing is wrong and wait until we are 5th in the league and the better players fuck off. The first half v Barca was embarrassing and the whole world could see it was naive. When we played Roma at home I was squirming with embarrassment at the fucking great big gaping hole in the middle of the park.

But we had 5 in the midfield when Liverpool dominated the game, and scored the second goal today. When we lost at Chelsea last season. When we were playing Bayern with ten men and they scored twice & ran fucking rings round us. We have done it fucking loads and probably fucked up 95% of the minutes we have played it.

You have just watched us get fucking mullered off the park with 5 in midfield & yet be competitive when we had two upfront both at the start and the end of the game.

Why do people keep trotting this bollocks out ?

If we actually fucking did anything other than get fucked over when we played 5 in the middle, I would be complaining about us not doing it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:24 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Fair enough, but why did we manage to win the league three and one year ago with pretty much this group of players? I'll buy into the athleticism argument a bit but why then has it made such an impact this season?

Players a bit younger fitter. Not coming off a world cup. Got stiffed by Liverpool just the same. Teams trying a bit harder because we are the champions, lack of fresh ideas due to this years signings being defensive players. Zabba/Kompany tired and shite. No Negredo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:25 pm

Our lack of cohesion, means our game is fragile I get why he wanted Isco. A quality player with energy, just like they had today with Coutinio. The future of this squad is IMHO is until the end of the season. Links to Koke, Pogba, Reus, Isco there is the future will we get any. Who knows but we lack game management on the pitch and off it for me.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby twosips » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:43 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Players a bit younger fitter. Not coming off a world cup. Got stiffed by Liverpool just the same. Teams trying a bit harder because we are the champions, lack of fresh ideas due to this years signings being defensive players. Zabba/Kompany tired and shite. No Negredo.

Most of those things though, they're simply just excuses and the result of being one of the best teams in the league - we've gotta get used to it and not feel sorry for ourselves cos there's definitely an air of 'its not fair' about the team.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby sheblue » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:55 pm

Where is the youth? Where are the young players? Where is the pace? Too slow too ponderous and too set in our ways. Time for an injection of youth.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:59 pm

We are a top side, one of the best, who need our players to be sonewhere near their best in order to win titles. We are slightly off it.

It doesn't matter what formation we play if the players aren't quite on it. Most of the attacking players have had their moments this season, but we are not all quite on it together at the same time very often.

We need a few new faces to freshen it up & increase the energy levels. Big deal; so does everyone else every couple of years.

To win the Champions Lg we probably need to find another Aguero level player, maybe two.

Once again that's no different to other teams. Barca have just signed Suarez for that reason.

Re Isco; he was Pellegrini's behind the striker player. Part midfielder part forward. Jovetic was bought to do that job but nobody can play with him. He would be brilliant at it in the right team.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:18 pm

We've missed out on a few players over the last few years. Van Persie who might have won us back to back titles, Isco who did the dirty on us and Hazard whom we apparently lost because Chelsea won the CL final. Of the three Hazard was the biggest loss.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:19 pm

[quote="Ted Hughes"]We are a top side, one of the best, who need our players to be sonewhere near their best in order to win titles. We are slightly off it.

It doesn't matter what formation we play if the players aren't quite on it. Most of the attacking players have had their moments this season, but we are not all quite on it together at the same time very often.

We need a few new faces to freshen it up & increase the energy levels. Big deal; so does everyone else every couple of years.

To win the Champions Lg we probably need to find another Aguero level player, maybe two.

Once again that's no different to other teams. Barca have just signed Suarez for that reason.

Re Isco; he was Pellegrini's behind the striker player. Part midfielder part forward. Jovetic was bought to do that job but nobody can play with him. He would be brilliant at it in the right team.[/quot

That's it Ted, but that Isco is now 50 mill and can take a ball as good as anyone keep it take the pressure retain it, we lose the ball for fun, Simeone has players who are tough in all aspects of the game by comparison, we are weak and as a consequence we fail in the tests the better teams provide. Is Pelllers hard enough when we wobble I am not so sure, he is stuck thinking if I bollock them in public I know how it ends.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:23 pm

blues2win wrote:We've missed out on a few players over the last few years. Van Persie who might have won us back to back titles, Isco who did the dirty on us and Hazard whom we apparently lost because Chelsea won the CL final. Of the three Hazard was the biggest loss.

Hazard was because we wouldn't allegedly pay his old man a 6m bung to get the deal through. Chelsea would.. Because they aren't retarded. Marwood was.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:41 pm

Nasri offers nothing defensively and not enough going forward to make his inclusion worthwhile.
He was our worst offender in midweek and today. The guy shits out when we need him to stand tall. Silva and Yaya were involved in the game, once again the French Duke went missing.
Milner can go if he wants to, he is not indispensable. Let him sit on somebody else's bench, which is what he will do if he goes to another top side.
What a gutless second half to an average dipper side
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:44 pm

I see Niall Quinn is saying MP has damaged his reputation by the way we set up against Barca and the Dipprrs. Souness saying the same.
South Stand Balti

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum