***liverpool v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***liverpool v city official match thread***

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:59 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Rip it up and start again. No more stupid fucking second tier signings like Fernando, Garcia, Bony or Sinclair. This team is done.

This is exactly what I was talking about on the Fernabdo thread.

We go to shit in a game, & a bunch of players who didn't play, get slagged off for it. Throw in Jovetic & Navas while you're at it.

I'm not slagging them off, I'm saying we haven't been buying the types of players to compliment Aguero, Silva et al. Buying too many work horses when the opposition knows if they can stop Aguero, Silva and Toure, we have *nothing* left. Nothing.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:59 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Sorry but The Count is gone in the summer.

I think we need to look at unloading some of the players first.

I think this is the issue.

It's largely the same players who went missing at this stage 2 years ago under Mancini. Now whilst Mancini was a fucking sociopath, players should still have enough respect for the club to be professional until the end of the season, at which point they have to trust the owners to make the right decisions, or put themselves up for a transfer.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:00 pm

I think the African Cup of Nations, the WC last summer and the injury hit list this season really killed us.

If you ask me, we have a poor physio. Can someon recall when Hazard, Willian, Oscar, Costa, Matic, Ramires, etc, anyone actually from Chelsea was injured?

We have a bigger and more valuable squad than them and still injuries after injuries.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Michigan Blue » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:00 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:It is. It really is.

Same as the year Bobby got sacked. We do hangovers quite well apparently. Champions who want to be remembered don't.

We need a change.

Cheers

Yeah but we actually (don't laugh) won the Community Shield that season, and also got to the FA Cup final.

This is worse.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:01 pm

I think if you look at that dispassionately you would say that the weak link, apart from the centre backs, was Nasri. Not strong enough, second goal, slow and over elaborate. As a result of his selection we lose Milner for nothing and the same midfield stays. Milner should be promoted at his expense for the rest of the season and a decent fee received for Nasri. You would have to say that the manager doesn't really understand what it takes to get control of big games.Where did Ya Ya go, so frustrating. Thought Fernandinho was as good as any one but he's taken off. Very weird and disappointing. Of course we wont have lost the title by being done by the odd goal at Liverpool. Stoke, Arsenal, Burnley, Hull.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Redna » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:01 pm

We lost the midfield. Yaya not at his best. And don't give me Nasri.
Angry as a refrigerator me is...
CTID!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:01 pm

Shocking second half by us. Bullied of the ball by Liverpool. And to be To be fair 2-1 to them actually flattered us.

We finished with no system. It was Key Stone Cops like football.

Our defending has been shocking all season. Our Set pieces and corners and are awful.

We have an aging squad yet our manager persists with starting games leaving us overrun in midfield Game after fucking game. Starting with 2 up front against Barcelona and Today relying on just 2 in the middle. Then waiting until we are 1,or 2 goals down before changing things. Does he do any preparation beforehand ?.Or do we just turn up.

It has been a terrible season. I have serious concerns about us consolidating a top 3 finish with Pellegrini in charge.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby blues2win » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:01 pm

It isn't just one game we've gone to shit this season. It's happened again and again. The manager has to take a large slice of the blame. It's his job to set up the players and motivate them to give their best. He's falling well short. These two games were always going to be key and we've blown both of them. Chelsea must be laughing at how easy we are making it for them.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:03 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Rip it up and start again. No more stupid fucking second tier signings like Fernando, Garcia, Bony or Sinclair. This team is done.

We go to shit in a game, & a bunch of players who didn't play, get slagged off for it. Throw in Jovetic & Navas while you're at it.

I'm not slagging them off, I'm saying we haven't been buying the types of players to compliment Aguero, Silva et al. Buying too many work horses when the opposition knows if they can stop Aguero, Silva and Toure, we have *nothing* left. Nothing.

They couldn't stop those players. We got through on numerous occasions.

Problem was we lost the whole pitch to Liverpool 2nd half. We were outrun by inferior players.

That's not the fault of people who weren't playing.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Two's Kompany » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:04 pm

Today was the first time I have seen us genuinely play without any shape.
The tactic seemed to be 'wait for them to tire.' They didn't and WE did!
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:06 pm

How the fuck do we manage to be out run by a team that must be expecting to be running on empty, shocking attitude and Love to now what the Pellers has to say on a a week of failure.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:06 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

They couldn't stop those players. We got through on numerous occasions.

Problem was we lost the whole pitch to Liverpool 2nd half. We were outrun by inferior players.

That's not the fault of people who weren't playing.

I don't think you're quite getting the point I'm making.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Aggressive Walkling » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:07 pm

Team looks old and tired. A refresh with some youth and energy seems to be in order. Not saying rip everything up and do a mass clear-out, mind, but some changes deffo need to be made.

I watched Lopes a good bit this year when fit and he most certainly needs to be at least in the squad next year. Plus will be home grown.

I like Pellers. Much of this year I feel like I'm watching the Bobby Manc hangover season. With pretty much the exact same personnel on the field. So I'm not sure how just binning him immediately or even in the summer is going to change much. Two managers, two different man-management styles, same tired legs that can't deal with the high press. Over to you, Txiki.....
Aggressive Walkling
De Michelis's Pace

My favourite player is: Super Kevin Horlock

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:07 pm

Sky showing the gaps in out MF,surly we have access to the same technology that shows this time and time again?
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:07 pm

Carragher is showing Liverpool players in between the lines & blaming it on 442, when the fucking picture he's showing, clearly has 5 players there.

There are easily enough players, but none are pressing the ball.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gmercer1 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:08 pm

You know your playing shit when you make Henderson look good.

Fuck am I not looking forward to work tomorrow.

We are cowards and show no balls when our backs are to the wall. As mentioned we just don't work hard enough off the ball. In that 2nd half how many times did one of their defenders play it to a midfielder 20 yards forward and the midfielder had time to control, turn, look up and still not a single City player closing him down.

Not sure where we go from here. The defence just looks so shaky.

Gutted
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Dub City » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:08 pm

Can we just wait until bony plays a full fucking game before he is been written off as second rate and waste of money. Getting thrown on to chase a game when already behind is hardly a fair way to judge
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:09 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Sky showing the gaps in out MF,surly we have access to the same technology that shows this time and time again?

Just made the point Sky showed five players there and called it 4.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby halnone » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:10 pm

Same predictable shite.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:10 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Carragher is showing Liverpool players in between the lines & blaming it on 442, when the fucking picture he's showing, clearly has 5 players there.

There are easily enough players, but none are pressing the ball.

Thing is as you know when we press the ball the oppo simply knock the ball round our enforcers and carry on attacking. It's fucking shocking to see time and time again.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum