***liverpool v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***liverpool v city official match thread***

Postby Aggressive Walkling » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:25 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
Is that not cos we are over reliant on the same players though? Are squad options just aren't as effective so the same faces start every single game if they can walk

Edit - re Teds post about not being fit enough

I agree completely, if fitness is the key then Pellegrini has dropped a large bollock by rotating poorly.

I mean, fuck, we lose at Liverpool almost every year. Nothing new here really and I was more bitter about it last year when we were even better but still lost thanks to a Kompany clearance... :). But anyway, this is something that's doing my head in. It's plain for everyone to see that the system is not working. OK if we lost playing the best we could have, but we didn't. I really want us to play in the CL next year, if not for financial reasons, but we are making a race out of it when it should've been done and dusted a long time ago.

We were nowhere near it when Milner came on.

Miles better with Dzeko.

Not the system.

As is so often the case, we offered almost no attacking threat at 4-5-1. Looked more solid at the back, sure, but to me a lot of that was down to Komps seeming to get it much more together after that shocker of a first half.
Aggressive Walkling
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Super Kevin Horlock

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:40 pm

Aggressive Walkling wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
Is that not cos we are over reliant on the same players though? Are squad options just aren't as effective so the same faces start every single game if they can walk

Edit - re Teds post about not being fit enough

I agree completely, if fitness is the key then Pellegrini has dropped a large bollock by rotating poorly.

I mean, fuck, we lose at Liverpool almost every year. Nothing new here really and I was more bitter about it last year when we were even better but still lost thanks to a Kompany clearance... :). But anyway, this is something that's doing my head in. It's plain for everyone to see that the system is not working. OK if we lost playing the best we could have, but we didn't. I really want us to play in the CL next year, if not for financial reasons, but we are making a race out of it when it should've been done and dusted a long time ago.

We were nowhere near it when Milner came on.

Miles better with Dzeko.

Not the system.

As is so often the case, we offered almost no attacking threat at 4-5-1. Looked more solid at the back, sure, but to me a lot of that was down to Komps seeming to get it much more together after that shocker of a first half.

Yes he did.

Not great but much better. Zabba got a few tackles in as well.

But Liverpool totally and completely dominated our 5 man midfield, statistically & obviously. They continued to create chances & basically had total control of the game. It was only a matter of time before they scored. We hit long balls to Dzeko, who had gone off.

We were more competitive alround with 2 upfront, both first half and at the end when we created more than the whole period with 5 in midfield.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:44 pm

Incidentally, listening to Carragher, Souness etc going on about tactics, is a good indicator of how fucking pedestrian so much football thinking is, & how even when the system they are asking for has been played, and failed, right in front of their eyes, they still tell us it is the answer.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:46 pm

The situation called for action, but we saw little. An insipid performance, a manager too stubborn, a season wasted. Nowt else to say really.

Playing out the string from March 1st with this sqaud ffs. Not acceptable.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Aggressive Walkling » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:49 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Incidentally, listening to Carragher, Souness etc going on about tactics, is a good indicator of how fucking pedestrian so much football thinking is, & how even when the system they are asking for has been played, and failed, right in front of their eyes, they still tell us it is the answer.

With pundits, I think some sort of conventional narrative sets in and then there is zero upside if you are a pundit and feel inclined to contradict that. No one wants to go out on a limb and seem as if he knows nowt about football.

(Transports self back a year in time) Because everyone knows DeMichelis is crap, right? They all were saying that long after it was obvious to anyone watching City that he was more or less the opposite of that.

That horrible twat Tony Gayle (who BTW seemed to have some irrational, personal beef with Martin D) was on and on about him being crap as late as I think the last week in April last year.
Aggressive Walkling
De Michelis's Pace

My favourite player is: Super Kevin Horlock

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:49 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:The situation called for action, but we saw little. An insipid performance, a manager too stubborn, a season wasted. Nowt else to say really.

What action were you recommending ?

Not Milner I take it ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:58 pm

Same as last year , played into Brenda's hands again.

Totally inept Manuel again!

Same result but will be a different outcome at the end of the season , Chelski will not bottle it.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:02 pm

failsworthblue wrote:Same as last year , played into Brenda's hands again.

Same result but will be a different outcome at the end of the season , Chelski will not bottle it.

They already have more than once.

But now we need them to super bottle it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:04 pm

failsworthblue wrote:Same as last year , played into Brenda's hands again.

Pretty much this for me aswell , there were periods in the game where we could and should have finished the dippers off but we simply wernt good enough due to both the players on the pitch and the managers tactics . We aren't as good a team as last season , it has took a while for this to sink in for me but today I finally realised we aren't after wanting to believe the opposite , Sad sad day today , we have gone backwards .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:25 pm

Very strange of Milner to get himself unnecessarily booked when we seemed to be getting back into it with 10 mins to go.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:33 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:The situation called for action, but we saw little. An insipid performance, a manager too stubborn, a season wasted. Nowt else to say really.

What action were you recommending ?

Not Milner I take it ?

I was expecting action from all our players and manager, in the form of a performance given our season was on the line. Instead we got outfought, out thought and outplayed.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:40 pm

Why was Jojo not even on the bench? I missed this convo if it's happened already.

Tragic waste.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:45 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Why was Jojo not even on the bench? I missed this convo if it's happened already.

Tragic waste.

Looks like he's been booted.

Makes no sense. We have sacrificed a creative player, for a shit winger pretending to be a fullback, while a striker tries to find his feet in a new team.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dub City » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:47 pm

With arsenal leading again they will be within 4 points of us this evening. Afraid it looks like it's time to start looking over our shoulders and hoping we don't get knocked from second place
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:48 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Why was Jojo not even on the bench? I missed this convo if it's happened already.

Tragic waste.

Probably injured.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:54 pm

Maybe I'm the only one but I'd have jojo over bony 10 times out of 10.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Well, I'm too experienced to write the season off at the beginning of March, but this week certainly marks the transition from expectation to hope. I don't mind losing at Anfield, I'm used to it, but too many limp performances at home. Three top class players required in the summer.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:15 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Well, I'm too experienced to write the season off at the beginning of March, but this week certainly marks the transition from expectation to hope. I don't mind losing at Anfield, I'm used to it, but too many limp performances at home. Three top class players required in the summer.

That plus promote some of the kids I think. Then we would have a lot of competition for places.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:15 pm

Sunday well and truly ruined, cheers City.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:31 pm

Sister of fu wrote:

Tragic waste.

Probably injured.

Maybe his attitude in training has stank since being left of of Champs league squad? You never know what goes on behind closed doors. If that's the case we probably won't see him again
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum