***liverpool v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***liverpool v city official match thread***

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:11 pm

Rags a serious threat to us...who would have believed it at the start of this season??
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:11 pm

gmercer1 wrote:You know your playing shit when you make Henderson look good.

Fuck am I not looking forward to work tomorrow.

We are cowards and show no balls when our backs are to the wall. As mentioned we just don't work hard enough off the ball. In that 2nd half how many times did one of their defenders play it to a midfielder 20 yards forward and the midfielder had time to control, turn, look up and still not a single City player closing him down.

Not sure where we go from here. The defence just looks so shaky.

Gutted

I'd ditch a couple of our attacking midfielders to start with, and one of our 'defensive' midfielders too.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Carragher is showing Liverpool players in between the lines & blaming it on 442, when the fucking picture he's showing, clearly has 5 players there.

There are easily enough players, but none are pressing the ball.

But what is the problem then? Is it just only down to abstract terms like character and leadership (which I by the way think is part of the explanation but thank god, I'm not a pundit)? What's your opinion?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:13 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Carragher is showing Liverpool players in between the lines & blaming it on 442, when the fucking picture he's showing, clearly has 5 players there.

Thing is as you know when we press the ball the oppo simply knock the ball round our enforcers and carry on attacking. It's fucking shocking to see time and time again.

No. We dominated doing it v Liverpool, & 2nd half we caused Barca all kinds of problems. We can't keep it up, even when it works.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:13 pm

Its a sensible point Ted. But what we never see is Pellers change whats going on from the side of the pitch. He must know who is too far forward. Why doesn't he get some instructions on to the pitch. Him and the other fella just seem to sit there muttering. Mind you, Wenger seemed helpless on Wednesday.Its a quandary.That said Pellers instruction when the camera was on him seemed to be to get higher up the pitch whereas Kompany and Mangala seemed to want to retreat to the edge of their box all the time. Is that what made the pitch too big?
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:14 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Carragher is showing Liverpool players in between the lines & blaming it on 442, when the fucking picture he's showing, clearly has 5 players there.

But what is the problem then? Is it just only down to abstract terms like character and leadership (which I by the way think is part of the explanation but thank god, I'm not a pundit)? What's your opinion?

Not fit enough.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby hartfordsheartbeat » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:14 pm

We lost today because quite simply we have a few players who think they can stroll about all game and not put in a shift. It's a poor reflection on the manager when we do this and it's become all too common. Anyone we play can see this and if they get in amongst us we lose our shape completely. We don't have any pace and that's what's killing us. From starting nearly every game navas not even on the bench today, fucking unreal from pellegrini. Nasri a charlatan, need to get rid, his work rate is shocking especially without the ball. we're in a bit of a fix now as we look like conceding every game and more than one might i add. If we play like today at the Nou Camp we will get humiliated big time.
hartfordsheartbeat

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:14 pm

The only thing missing today was Ken Dodd having his belly tickled, wankers who will be bullying Little old Leicester in the week. Sorry not good enough time to smash the 6 mill a year club. Get some hard work ethics in and the rich lazy bastards out. Great memories this the red flag that this squad is done.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby twosips » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:15 pm

Is that not cos we are over reliant on the same players though? Are squad options just aren't as effective so the same faces start every single game if they can walk

Edit - re Teds post about not being fit enough
Last edited by twosips on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:15 pm

Hazy2 wrote:How the fuck do we manage to be out run by a team that must be expecting to be running on empty, shocking attitude and Love to now what the Pellers has to say on a a week of failure.

Out run and outfought Henderson knocking yaya all over the place even tattoo knocked ya ya about. Sick of us seeming to have no fight in us. Poor poor performance today .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Aggressive Walkling » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:16 pm

Navas not even on the bench seemed curious to me. He has been one of our best players overall this year.
Aggressive Walkling
De Michelis's Pace

My favourite player is: Super Kevin Horlock

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:16 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Its a sensible point Ted. But what we never see is Pellers change whats going on from the side of the pitch. He must know who is too far forward. Why doesn't he get some instructions on to the pitch. Him and the other fella just seem to sit there muttering. Mind you, Wenger seemed helpless on Wednesday.Its a quandary.That said Pellers instruction when the camera was on him seemed to be to get higher up the pitch whereas Kompany and Mangala seemed to want to retreat to the edge of their box all the time. Is that what made the pitch too big?

Well...let's start at the beginning....no one to contend with their pace coupled with just dogshit positioning and foot waving and no one in midfield pressing enough either meant that by our CBs retreat we opened up like a 40 dollar whore.

Someone should have seen their ass at HT. It was pathetic and down to desire and focus IMHO. When the manager fails to fix that then....its down to him as well.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:17 pm

You know what the problem is? They took a piss on us while they played thursday 120 minutes and we played in tuesday. And they dictated the tempo.
Last edited by PeterParker on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:17 pm

You can't play Nasri and silva together away from home you will get arse wiped
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:19 pm

Is that not cos we are over reliant on the same players though? Are squad options just aren't as effective so the same faces start every single game if they can walk

I agree completely, if fitness is the key then Pellegrini has dropped a large bollock by rotating poorly.

I mean, fuck, we lose at Liverpool almost every year. Nothing new here really and I was more bitter about it last year when we were even better but still lost thanks to a Kompany clearance... :). But anyway, this is something that's doing my head in. It's plain for everyone to see that the system is not working. OK if we lost playing the best we could have, but we didn't. I really want us to play in the CL next year, if not for financial reasons, but we are making a race out of it when it should've been done and dusted a long time ago.

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:21 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

I agree completely, if fitness is the key then Pellegrini has dropped a large bollock by rotating poorly.

I mean, fuck, we lose at Liverpool almost every year. Nothing new here really and I was more bitter about it last year when we were even better but still lost thanks to a Kompany clearance... :). But anyway, this is something that's doing my head in. It's plain for everyone to see that the system is not working. OK if we lost playing the best we could have, but we didn't. I really want us to play in the CL next year, if not for financial reasons, but we are making a race out of it when it should've been done and dusted a long time ago.

We were nowhere near it when Milner came on.

Miles better with Dzeko.

Not the system.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Lee_R » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:22 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:Rags a serious threat to us...who would have believed it at the start of this season??

Woah.. ok, theres no need to panic! ;)
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:23 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

We were nowhere near it when Milner came on.

Miles better with Dzeko.

Not the system.

And I mean the players aren't fit enough. Not that they are tired.

It's pretty much proven that is the case now.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Lee_R » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:24 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Lee_R wrote:Really dont understand how we can come on second half and play so bad when all we need is some guts hard work and carry on the way we left off. Always supported Pellers but it makes no sense at all.

Sloppy all over today.

What do you imagine he did, to make it so much worse ?

Imagine?.. For that performance I imagine whatever he said was alien to everyone concerned.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:25 pm

And I mean the players aren't fit enough. Not that they are tired.

It's pretty much proven that is the case now.

OK, so if I'm understanding you correctly, in your opinion it's the training that's letting us down? But if that's the case, can't we just switch our way of playing to better suit the state of the squad?

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum