***liverpool v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***liverpool v city official match thread***

Postby freshie » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:00 pm

City64 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Sorry Hazy, you've lost me.

We are going backwards pal under Pellegrini , this season has been diabolical !!!! It's a good job the rags are shite or they would be above us in the premier league , how fucking bad would that be FFS !!! Wake up and smell the coffee ..........we were outplayed by Middlesborough not too long ago , battered by the Arse at home , made to look like cunts by Barca for 65 minutes .............Stoke at home ,Burnley at home , Hull at home , it simply hasn't been good enough . Then the lame effort second half yesterday suddenly made most of us who wear blue tinted specs big time realise the truth . It's easy to say everything is ok when clearly it isn't , this is the hardest part but as now one of the biggest football clubs in the world (and growing fast) we need to progress . Guardiola or Simeone are the obvious choices to take us to the next level , Pellegrini has sadly been found out this season , he is a good man and a good manager but he has took us as far as he can imho , this is the reality .

If Guardiola was available this summer we'd be mad not to go for him. I love what Pellegrini did last season but you are correct - we have gone backwards this season. A lot of the blame has to lie with the players though, Pellegrini is not the only one at fault
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:15 pm

freshie wrote:
City64 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Sorry Hazy, you've lost me.

We are going backwards pal under Pellegrini , this season has been diabolical !!!! It's a good job the rags are shite or they would be above us in the premier league , how fucking bad would that be FFS !!! Wake up and smell the coffee ..........we were outplayed by Middlesborough not too long ago , battered by the Arse at home , made to look like cunts by Barca for 65 minutes .............Stoke at home ,Burnley at home , Hull at home , it simply hasn't been good enough . Then the lame effort second half yesterday suddenly made most of us who wear blue tinted specs big time realise the truth . It's easy to say everything is ok when clearly it isn't , this is the hardest part but as now one of the biggest football clubs in the world (and growing fast) we need to progress . Guardiola or Simeone are the obvious choices to take us to the next level , Pellegrini has sadly been found out this season , he is a good man and a good manager but he has took us as far as he can imho , this is the reality .

If Guardiola was available this summer we'd be mad not to go for him. I love what Pellegrini did last season but you are correct - we have gone backwards this season. A lot of the blame has to lie with the players though, Pellegrini is not the only one at fault

He is the manager and has to carry the can for failure .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby getdressedmctavish » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:17 pm

Ted, you know you are my favourite poster and I love the way you come out fighting, but in trying to defend the indefensible you are talking bollocks. We are playing a 442. The keynote of that system is that we play with two out and out strikers, which very few teams at the top level do. Most have a second forward player who drops back and defends but also builds moves. You are looking at neymar, sanchez, hazard,coutinho, and another who plays between the lines, Messi, silva, cazorla,llalana. We play Dzeko. he contributes nothing creatively or defensively outside the final third. That is what people are trying to tell you. Its antiquated and it is inviting us to get fucked over by more flexible teams. And we have.And many on here predicted it, and many more have pointed it out with hindsight. And it is no one elses decision but the Counts. And it is fucking stupid.For the very reason you have said. If you are gonna play like this you have to run and fight like dervishes. And we haven't, end of.And most think that is because too many of the players are idle cunts and the manager lets them get away with it.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:48 pm

Not a big fan of Guardiola. Talking to a colleague who's an avid Bayern München fan, there seems to be trouble brewing there as well. A lot of people not happy with him nor his signings. Pellegrini has the potential to build something better than Guardiola, much more direct, and that without Xavi, Iniesta or Messi in the team. The only reason to fire Pellegrini would be if he lost the confidence of most of the playing squad. IMO.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Spurge » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:45 pm

I know much has been made about 442 and how nasri and silva don't/can't track back and defend and I keep recalling the 5-1 at Spurs under Bobby Manc in our title winning season - the game in which Edin bagged 4.

After the game on motd in the 'analysis' I remember the pundits singling out the reason for our success. It was all about the tireless efforts and positional/tactical nous of nasri and silva. They were singled out for how quickly they protected the full backs when City weren't in possession as well as how effective they were when we had the ball. This was essentially given as to the reason we completely outplayed a decent Spurs side on their own ground. They also referred to the previous seasons opener when Hart was the hero when we drew 0-0 at white hart lane, as a means of highlighting how far we had come.

So 2 seasons down the line we appear not to have been able to perfect something we were clearly very capable of doing, I seem to recall the 5-1 game was also Nasri's debut (though I'm not 100% on that) which means he hit the ground running.

I know no 2 games are the same, but the point is we were capable of playing this formation against a decent team away from home when the team were still relatively new to each other, why are we now getting it so horribly wrong?
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Spurge » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:03 pm

Spurge wrote:I know much has been made about 442 and how nasri and silva don't/can't track back and defend and I keep recalling the 5-1 at Spurs under Bobby Manc in our title winning season - the game in which Edin bagged 4.

After the game on motd in the 'analysis' I remember the pundits singling out the reason for our success. It was all about the tireless efforts and positional/tactical nous of nasri and silva. They were singled out for how quickly they protected the full backs when City weren't in possession as well as how effective they were when we had the ball. This was essentially given as to the reason we completely outplayed a decent Spurs side on their own ground. They also referred to the previous seasons opener when Hart was the hero when we drew 0-0 at white hart lane, as a means of highlighting how far we had come.

So 2 seasons down the line we appear not to have been able to perfect something we were clearly very capable of doing, I seem to recall the 5-1 game was also Nasri's debut (though I'm not 100% on that) which means he hit the ground running.

I know no 2 games are the same, but the point is we were capable of playing this formation against a decent team away from home when the team were still relatively new to each other, why are we now getting it so horribly wrong?

Worth noting that 8 of the players in that 5-1 also started yesterdays game.

Hart
Zabba
Kompany

Lescott
Clichy

Nasri
Barry
Yaya
Silva

Aguero
Dzeko
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:05 pm

Spurge wrote:
Spurge wrote:I know much has been made about 442 and how nasri and silva don't/can't track back and defend and I keep recalling the 5-1 at Spurs under Bobby Manc in our title winning season - the game in which Edin bagged 4.

Worth noting that 8 of the players in that 5-1 also started yesterdays game.

Hart
Zabba
Kompany

Lescott
Clichy

Nasri
Barry
Yaya
Silva

Aguero
Dzeko

knackered.

The only way Barca kept it up was through blood doping. I can almost guarantee that will come out in a decade or so.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:35 pm

Anybody notice Milner having a snap at the bench, asking what the fuck was the formation; I think Yaya was asking the same?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:22 pm

Loss of work ethic and appetite? Great world class players also work and work hard. Some of players just don't want to work. Look at Silva yeaterday sulking sat on his arse for 5 mins while they attacked us. It's just not acceptable.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:30 pm

Sister of fu wrote:

Loss of work ethic and appetite? Great world class players also work and work hard. Some of players just don't want to work. Look at Silva yeaterday sulking sat on his arse for 5 mins while they attacked us. It's just not acceptable.

We used to have more players sitting back which made it esier, but you are right.

I wonder how many who went to the U18s game tonight would agree with this statement: If Vieira took over tomorrow & asked the first team to play like the kids did tonight, they wouldn't even get fucking close to it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby freshie » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:13 am

Sister of fu wrote:

It's the same kind of thing we used to give Tranny shit for when he played for the rags. I've noticed that this has started to creep into his game more recently and I don't like it. I don't remember him doing this a few seasons ago.
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:43 am

I remember being 0-3 to the scum at half time and the captain sent off we won the 2nd half 2-0 with De Jong leading the team and the scum hanging we played like we were possessed.

I never city throw the Kitchen sink now even at Chelsea, similar to the Scousers all in our favour and tepid crap, desire has gone from this squad, work ethic a disgrace.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum