***liverpool v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***liverpool v city official match thread***

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:30 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:We are not allowed to bring back Denayer or Lopes.

We can, we would just be financially penalised

It's against FIFA rules.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:50 pm

I am over the result now. Tbh it was entirely expected. The manager is not playing this team to their full potential. And has not been for the entire season. He persists with playing an aging squad in high energy roles. It is like having no midfield.

The Barcelona game at home was a watershed moment for me. Playing that midfield against Barcelona creative players was nothing short of footballing suicide. As ridiculous as I know that what i am saying sounds. I was left wondering if Pellegrini and the 2 Spaniards were doing a number on City in the Champions League, so ridiculously naive was that formation. What need was there to leave our midfield woefully open and overrun against the likes of Messi and co. There are 2 legs to play. Did it not make sense to keep it tight try not concede and go from there. It is the same time after time playing decent sides.

Yesterday surely we knew Liverpool would come out, and at us, on fire. What does the stupid Clown of a manager do. He leaves us overrun in midfield yet again for the umpteenth time against their high energy players. He resembles an extra out of the Walking Dead sat their in the dug out. We are now so easy to predict and beat. Our form in the last 10 games has been nothing short of shocking.

We have a stubborn dinosaur of a manager who is too set in his ways. I am concerned we might not even be able to consolidate a top 3 finish this season with Pellegrini in charge. I base this on our form in the last 10 games which has us in the bottom half of the league. We have games against bottom half sides coming up. Normally we steam roller these sides. Just lately though we have struggled against them badly.

Unless we show vast improvement in the next 2,3 games Pellegrini should be sacked and Patrick Vieira installed as caretaker manager. teams below us are now just 4 points behind us. This season has been a disaster. There is no longer any more margin for error . Not qualifying for Champions League with FFP would destroy us. We simply cant continue as we are. I would hope our owners are preparing for the distinct possibility of despatching our senile manager to a Chilean Care Home.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:53 pm

Can I ask why have we spent 200 million on an academy when we are too scared to play any of the kids. Is it that none of them are good enough or is it that so much pressure has been heaped on the manger to produce 5 trophies in 5 years that he cant take the risk? If Sterling was at City would he have had any playing time?
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:53 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Season is not looking good. Shit happens.

Holistic reference is a longer term project referring to the whole club right down to the junior teams not a two season thing talking about the first team. Using it as a stick to beat the club with is very unfair imo & shouldn't happen unless there is evidence to suggest it is failling at the youth levels. I don't see that evidence.

If however Pellegrini or the next manager doesn't start making an effort to bring through kids in the coming seasons then it can be seen as starting to fail & the manager imo should be fired.

I don't agree.

He should be fired end of this season for NOT bringing in any kids whatsoever this fuckign season (Among other reasons to be fired), remember we went out with a whimper in the FA and Carling cups...he used just about fuckign no one from the youth set up and that's a sack able offence for me given the way the season has gone.

Given his shit signings and Mangala being the fuckign worst one (No matter what you see in him , hes fuckign SHITE so far) overall we have zero value for money...maybe he should pop down to Chelsea and see how they do it...he can take the 2 Spanish dudes with him whilst hes at it....hes over spent by probably 60 odd million..Fernando and Mangala..no upgrade on before and that's criminal.

I do not see any improvement for next season with him at the helm , he will persist with his mentality.

Not playing the kids this season is not a sackable offence. That's mental. I would strongly have urged him to give some a chance, but only to get them experience & see if one or two made a sudden jump in standard.

Next season however, they are all that bit older & without a doubt some would get a game here & there if they were at another club be that rags, Arsenal Liverpool . If Pellegrini is sacked however, if's very unlikely any will unless the manager who replaces him is ordered to & told his job is safe.

And if Pellegrini is sacked, then it pretty much sets in stone the theory that any manager who doesn't win the league every year gets fired.

Not a great tempter for the top managers.

I did add "among other reasons to be fired".

And bollocks does it set in stone that theory of yours...If hes sacked its because of all the fucking reasons that I and others have mentioned.
It pisses me off no end when some fans (especially you) insinuate that he has "been told" to make certain decisions that have gone against us ,its an easy get out of jail card and its BOLLOCKS imo..hes the manager , he chooses 99% of the signings we make, he sets the team up and picks the players.

If we sack him then he deserves it..aging fuckign squad he has gathered around him....2 English players (Sorry , 1 and a half with Richard Wright)
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:05 pm

Fuck me this place is depressing today.

You'd swear three points at Anfield is a gimme the way some of you are going on.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:21 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:I am over the result now. Tbh it was entirely expected. The manager is not playing this team to their full potential. And has not been for the entire season. He persists with playing an aging squad in high energy roles. It is like having no midfield.

The Barcelona game at home was a watershed moment for me. Playing that midfield against Barcelona creative players was nothing short of footballing suicide. As ridiculous as I know that what i am saying sounds. I was left wondering if Pellegrini and the 2 Spaniards were doing a number on City in the Champions League, so ridiculously naive was that formation. What need was there to leave our midfield woefully open and overrun against the likes of Messi and co. There are 2 legs to play. Did it not make sense to keep it tight try not concede and go from there. It is the same time after time playing decent sides.

Yesterday surely we knew Liverpool would come out, and at us, on fire. What does the stupid Clown of a manager do. He leaves us overrun in midfield yet again for the umpteenth time against their high energy players. He resembles an extra out of the Walking Dead sat their in the dug out. We are now so easy to predict and beat. Our form in the last 10 games has been nothing short of shocking.

We have a stubborn dinosaur of a manager who is too set in his ways. I am concerned we might not even be able to consolidate a top 3 finish this season with Pellegrini in charge. I base this on our form in the last 10 games which has us in the bottom half of the league. We have games against bottom half sides coming up. Normally we steam roller these sides. Just lately though we have struggled against them badly.

Unless we show vast improvement in the next 2,3 games Pellegrini should be sacked and Patrick Vieira installed as caretaker manager. teams below us are now just 4 points behind us. This season has been a disaster. There is no longer any more margin for error . Not qualifying for Champions League with FFP would destroy us. We simply cant continue as we are. I would hope our owners are preparing for the distinct possibility of despatching our senile manager to a Chilean Care Home.

I would steer clear of a Vieira IN campaign. He us untried and untested at 1st team level, He is a well respected person in the football community but so was Pearce. I would get him in alongside Kiddo for at least a year before even thinking of giving him the hotseat. Let him provide insight and analysis with the 1st team coaches and have input into tactics and strategy. Lets not just assume he is ready.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Herb » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:24 pm

So, do I want to join the over-emotional drama queens in calling for sackings? Well, no, that would be plain stupid.

I was gutted to lose to the dippers but I thought we played a good game and came close to winning it in terms of opportunities and balls off the post etc. The 2 dipper goals were great goals and certainly of the nature that you wouldn't expect 2 of in any 90 minutes of play - they were good goals but we were unlucky that they had such fortune as to manage 2 such strikes from 2 such players and we were unlucky to lose.
These things happen, some folk should get a grip or take a pill or whatever they need to do to stop them being such drippy-eyed fainting darlings- it's not the City way and it shouldn't be encouraged.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:45 pm

Herb wrote:So, do I want to join the over-emotional drama queens in calling for sackings? Well, no, that would be plain stupid.

I was gutted to lose to the dippers but I thought we played a good game and came close to winning it in terms of opportunities and balls off the post etc. The 2 dipper goals were great goals and certainly of the nature that you wouldn't expect 2 of in any 90 minutes of play - they were good goals but we were unlucky that they had such fortune as to manage 2 such strikes from 2 such players and we were unlucky to lose.
These things happen, some folk should get a grip or take a pill or whatever they need to do to stop them being such drippy-eyed fainting darlings- it's not the City way and it shouldn't be encouraged.

Its not an over reaction though is it , its a culmination of Pellegrini fuck ups thats got the reaction he has got on here.

All the failings have been mentioned , we will soon see if hes at the helm at the end of the season then you wont find fans like me crying about it.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:00 pm

Herb wrote:So, do I want to join the over-emotional drama queens in calling for sackings? Well, no, that would be plain stupid.

I watched it and after 15 mins I said this has got a defeat wrote all over it. I accept two worldies, but whichever the winner came we were 2nd best all day against a team knackered. We did not turn up again and stuck to a game plan flawed. 7.5 mins is a decent title, it confirms we were shite again.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:09 pm

Hazy2 wrote:

I watched it and after 15 mins I said this has got a defeat wrote all over it. I accept two worldies, but whichever the winner came we were 2nd best all day against a team knackered. We did not turn up again and stuck to a game plan flawed. 7.5 mins is a decent title, it confirms we were shite again.

We were good for our 1-1 at ht. We did enough first half to earn that scoreline, it was the second half that was the problem when for whatever reason we didn't turn up.

It's not the end of the world though, it was disappointing and frustrating but the way some are talking here you'd swear doomsday was fast approaching.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dameerto » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:31 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Can I ask why have we spent 200 million on an academy when we are too scared to play any of the kids. Is it that none of them are good enough or is it that so much pressure has been heaped on the manger to produce 5 trophies in 5 years that he cant take the risk? If Sterling was at City would he have had any playing time?

He's scared for his future and has been since we went out of our first competition this season - so has taken almost zero risks (unless forced upon him like the striker shortage).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:13 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

We were good for our 1-1 at ht. We did enough first half to earn that scoreline, it was the second half that was the problem when for whatever reason we didn't turn up.

It's not the end of the world though, it was disappointing and frustrating but the way some are talking here you'd swear doomsday was fast approaching.

Thanks Pal, I feel like wow, I mean what a week on top of it all Jose has 1 hand on our other trophy, cheers mate !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:15 pm

Sorry Hazy, you've lost me.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby freshie » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:35 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Fuck me this place is depressing today.

You'd swear three points at Anfield is a gimme the way some of you are going on.

I think you are failing to grasp why people are so pissed off. It is not merely the fact that we dropped 3 points and handed the initiative (and probably the title) to Chelsea but the way in which we did. If we were beaten by a more talented side who played us off the park then I would say fair enough. But we got beaten by a team who wanted it more and who had more energy and enthusiasm than we could muster despite playing an away tie in Istanbul 3 days earlier. We are supposed to be trying to defend our title ffs. The least we as fans can expect is determination and hunger. This lot seem to be bottling it and it is not good enough. Whether the fault lies at the door of the manager or the players is up for debate - personally I think that they are all to blame and the season appears to be fizzling out
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:37 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Sorry Hazy, you've lost me.

Sorry mate, I work here with head peckers a rag and a dippers 1 fan I have had relentless stick over our no show at Anfield, you were right it is not doomsday I am still a blue and they will never have that feeling.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:40 pm

freshie wrote:

I think you are failing to grasp why people are so pissed off. It is not merely the fact that we dropped 3 points and handed the initiative (and probably the title) to Chelsea but the way in which we did. If we were beaten by a more talented side who played us off the park then I would say fair enough. But we got beaten by a team who wanted it more and who had more energy and enthusiasm than we could muster despite playing an away tie in Istanbul 3 days earlier. We are supposed to be trying to defend our title ffs. The least we as fans can expect is determination and hunger. This lot seem to be bottling it and it is not good enough. Whether the fault lies at the door of the manager or the players is up for debate - personally I think that they are all to blame and the season appears to be fizzling out

I accept all that mate and I acknowledge that there's some things need addressing for us to kick on again BUT it seems from reading some posts that people want to rip it all up and start again, I just don't see it as being THAT bad.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:43 pm

Hazy2 wrote:

Sorry mate, I work here with head peckers a rag and a dippers 1 fan I have had relentless stick over our no show at Anfield, you were right it is not doomsday I am still a blue and they will never have that feeling.

Fair enough, I know what that can be like, thankfully I don't have to put up with much of that shit in my current job.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:49 pm

We are going backwards pal under Pellegrini , this season has been diabolical !!!! It's a good job the rags are shite or they would be above us in the premier league , how fucking bad would that be FFS !!! Wake up and smell the coffee ..........we were outplayed by Middlesborough not too long ago , battered by the Arse at home , made to look like cunts by Barca for 65 minutes .............Stoke at home ,Burnley at home , Hull at home , it simply hasn't been good enough . Then the lame effort second half yesterday suddenly made most of us who wear blue tinted specs big time realise the truth . It's easy to say everything is ok when clearly it isn't , this is the hardest part but as now one of the biggest football clubs in the world (and growing fast) we need to progress . Guardiola or Simeone are the obvious choices to take us to the next level , Pellegrini has sadly been found out this season , he is a good man and a good manager but he has took us as far as he can imho , this is the reality .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:56 pm

City64 wrote:

We are going backwards pal under Pellegrini , this season has been diabolical !!!! It's a good job the rags are shite or they would be above us in the premier league , how fucking bad would that be FFS !!! Wake up and smell the coffee ..........we were outplayed by Middlesborough not too long ago , battered by the Arse at home , made to look like cunts by Barca for 65 minutes .............Stoke at home ,Burnley at home , Hull at home , it simply hasn't been good enough . Then the lame effort second half yesterday suddenly made made of us who wear blue tinted specs big time realise the truth . It's easy to say everything is ok when clearly it isn't , this is the hardest part but as now one of the biggest football clubs in the world (and growing fast) we need to progress . Guardiola or Simeone are the obvious choices to take us to the next level , Pellegrini has sadly been found out this season , he is a good man and a good manager but he has took us as far as he can imho , this is the reality .

I was at Villa away this season and they were pants ! with my Duaghter so chilled out cold sunny day and I think if they had scored we would have lost, the season has been odd all year, Vinny said we will build, not happened mate, we have not lost the league we have given the thing away as we did to the scum and then went there are in April title gone and mullered em 2-1 which was confusing as it gets. Does this team have an on and off button.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby freshie » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:57 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
freshie wrote:

I accept all that mate and I acknowledge that there's some things need addressing for us to kick on again BUT it seems from reading some posts that people want to rip it all up and start again, I just don't see it as being THAT bad.

Ripping it all up and starting again may be a bit drastic but the problem we seem to have with this squad is they win a title and then the next season can't be arsed and rest on their laurels. There seems to be a difficulty in motivating them but if they can't get motivated for a Champions League knockout tie vs Barcelona or a title chase then what do you do with them? Is it a case of they can't be arsed or are they a bunch of bottlers? Truly great teams win back-to-back titles and are always hungry for more success. We have witnessed a very good team over the last few seasons but not a great one. The spine of the squad is pretty much the same as the one which won the title under Mancini and they are displaying the same traits that they did 2 seasons ago which is why some people are suggesting wholesale changes. I don't really know what the answer is, but with FFP restrictions ripping it all up and starting again doesn't seem to be a feasible option unless we promote a lot of the kids next season and tell the manager that he won't be sacked if we don't win anything
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum