***liverpool v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***liverpool v city official match thread***

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:34 pm

With the amount of rain in Liverpool this afternoon would had been risky to send Jojo in.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:50 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Why was Jojo not even on the bench? I missed this convo if it's happened already.

Tragic waste.

Probably injured.

Maybe his attitude in training has stank since being left of of Champs league squad? You never know what goes on behind closed doors. If that's the case we probably won't see him again

He has every right to be throwing the toys out. Easy option to flirt him and gives me the thought Pellers takes the cheap option he changed the games against Bayern has had a as good or as bad a season as many of the the set in stone picks. Pellers has made his bed and if we are fair he will be judged after Barca. Maybe not the only one looking at clearing out his locker.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby patrickblue » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:31 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:Maybe I'm the only one but I'd have jojo over bony 10 times out of 10.

I was really excited about him, but so far he looks like a pub player.
Even when he had off days at Swansea you could see the quality underneath.
I think he's a Bony lookalike.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:46 pm

Well I think Ted is in danger of deluding himself. He keeps hiding from the fact that we have now been turned over twice (three including Arsenal) by teams playing with one striker who have essentially bossed us in midfield. Then he talks about us improving when Bony came on. Really? How does someone who made not one single useful contribution improve us? Answer from a man who doesn't believe in systems will be interesting.Having a go at the analysis from men who have played and managed at the highest level is ridiculous. Counting players in a frame is even dafter. In a four five one their could be nine players in the frame... its where they are positioned and what they do that counts. That said, it aint as easy as Merson said to manage this lot. But one thing was surely obvious. If we play Dzeko, reasonable, we have to sacrifice style for guts and play Milner instead of Nasri. But what do you do about Ya Ya who basically fails to turn up for the second half..... that would drive anyone to drink. And the man says he wants to be the next director of football.....ha(Ya Ya not Ted)
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:08 am

It was them who counted players in the frame not me, so you are having a go at the eminent people you are trying to defend.. And you are right, it was fucking ridiculous seeing as the people they highlighted could have been in any formation, literally any, because their was no formation & it was no indication whatsoever of a problem being caused by 442.

Indeed had they been lined up 442 then the very problem they were talking about would not have happened as there would have been 4 in a line there.

They are talking FUCKING SHITE.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:18 am

Oh and Milner came on, we didn't get a fucking kick, created no chances & Liverpool scored. Bony came on we created chances & almost equalised.

Call Bony as much as you like, but it's a fucking fact. That's what happened. When we moved to 5 we were worse.

That's not because 5 in midfield is a shit tactic, it's because the 5 played shit. Same problem as the 4.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:19 am

Milner didnt want to upset his future pay masters.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:01 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Oh and Milner came on, we didn't get a fucking kick, created no chances & Liverpool scored. Bony came on we created chances & almost equalised.

Call Bony as much as you like, but it's a fucking fact. That's what happened. When we moved to 5 we were worse.

That's not because 5 in midfield is a shit tactic, it's because the 5 played shit. Same problem as the 4.

All comes back to leaderless, from the bench to the captain. passive to a point like a bad Sunday team, every fucker has ditched the plan and the point both the Sky cunts were making are the same on the screen at the Campus for them to see after each and every harsh less, Fail to prepare prepare to fail.

Tues, Messi, the best player in the world 1v1 mind blowing. Sunday Coutinio, allowed to pop up anywhere in the last third no plan for him or a an attempt to learn from the past. We saw early this season a disrespect of the ability Totti given space behind our MF, Tactics are beyond explaining, A lack of work rate and ownership of the dangers the team faces is not good enough at this level, WHAT THE FUCK DO THEY WORK ON as is finding them out week in week out, when the top teams play us. Soft manager and softer players. Cycle over for a lot of them, Manager unable to change a 1-11 that had a mare in a week in which they had all the eggs smashed, what a fuck up of a season and again failure to build on. Vinny said we will not make the same mistakeswe will be built on last season !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:44 am

Looks to me like they worked on pressing in Liverpool's half, to stop them getting off to the usual flyer and it worked like a dream for about 7.5 mins apart from Zabba who gave the ball away something like 5 times out of 6. Aguero presses turns round gesticulates to the rest , as they are way behind.

Liverpool pass the ball straight through the middle. That was the part Carragher & Co highlighted as a failure of 442.

It's a failure of about half the team to run about.

If your all happy to set up like Sam Allardyce I'm pretty sure Pellegrini would be able to sort it for you. But that's not why he was given the job. He is trying to get the players to adapt to something higher level.

The traditional English football way, is to let Souness and Co dictate how football should
be played & burn Pellegrini as a witch rather than try to make it work.

I imagine City will stick with it. Whether that's Pellegrini, Vieira or Guardiola. I hope so anyway.

I hope they don't hand it all back to the cliched dullards & settle for being the same as all the other English teams.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:14 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Looks to me like they worked on pressing in Liverpool's half, to stop them getting off to the usual flyer and it worked like a dream for about 7.5 mins apart from Zabba who gave the ball away something like 5 times out of 6. Aguero presses turns round gesticulates to the rest , as they are way behind.

Liverpool pass the ball straight through the middle. That was the part Carragher & Co highlighted as a failure of 442.

If your all happy to set up like Sam Allardyce I'm pretty sure Pellegrini would be able to sort it for you. But that's not why he was given the job. He is trying to get the players to adapt to something higher level.

The traditional English football way, is to let Souness and Co dictate how football should

I imagine City will stick with it. Whether that's Pellegrini, Vieira or Guardiola. I hope so anyway.

I hope they don't hand it all back to the cliched dullards & settle for being the same as all the other English teams.

If you do not know the drill you get fucked. We are dire when it comes to respecting the dangers. Nothing to do with dictating. Totti ran fucking riot at our place, Cazorla did it Coutinio did it, see the fucking pattern. Stop pretending we are decimal point out. Top teams have plans to spring on us, every fucker said 2 up top v Barca would be fatal, 0-5 would have had Pellers idiotic plan in flames in 45 mins. Players and manager/ coaches are blind to the problems that the better teams present. It is plain to see one pass through the middle and our failings are exposed again and again. I stand by what I said comfy street at home we beat Liverpool away cowards
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:22 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Looks to me like they worked on pressing in Liverpool's half, to stop them getting off to the usual flyer and it worked like a dream for about 7.5 mins apart from Zabba who gave the ball away something like 5 times out of 6. Aguero presses turns round gesticulates to the rest , as they are way behind.

If you do not know the drill you get fucked. We are dire when it comes to respecting the dangers. Nothing to do with dictating. Totti ran fucking riot at our place, Cazorla did it Coutinio did it, see the fucking pattern. Stop pretending we are decimal point out. Top teams have plans to spring on us, every fucker said 2 up top v Barca would be fatal, 0-5 would have had Pellers idiotic plan in flames in 45 mins. Players and manager/ coaches are blind to the problems that the better teams present. It is plain to see one pass through the middle and our failings are exposed again and again. I stand by what I said comfy street at home we beat Liverpool away cowards

And yet we are champions & 2nd in the Premier League knocked Roma out of the Champions League. We are taking lessons from fucking Arsenal ?

So it's a load of fucking horseshit that we are so easy to play against. Proven undoubted, horseshit.

We need to improve, clearly. There are various ideas as to how we can do that; 5 in the middle, 4231 433 4222 352 343 all have their merits.

None of you fuckers know which one will work best, anymore than I do.

Just that I'll admit it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:31 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

And yet we are champions & 2nd in the Premier League knocked Roma out of the Champions League. We are taking lessons from fucking Arsenal ?

So it's a load of fucking horseshit that we are so easy to play against. Proven undoubted, horseshit.

We need to improve, clearly. There are various ideas as to how we can do that; 5 in the middle, 4231 433 4222 352 343 all have their merits.

None of you fuckers know which one will work best, anymore than I do.

Just that I'll admit it.

Our season has fell apart, lessons are not beIng learned and the Holistic B.S looks like it is garbage, No fight no work ethic and and out worked on Sunday are plain to see. Season in tatters.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:43 pm

Season is not looking good. Shit happens.

Holistic reference is a longer term project referring to the whole club right down to the junior teams not a two season thing talking about the first team. Using it as a stick to beat the club with is very unfair imo & shouldn't happen unless there is evidence to suggest it is failling at the youth levels. I don't see that evidence.

If however Pellegrini or the next manager doesn't start making an effort to bring through kids in the coming seasons then it can be seen as starting to fail & the manager imo should be fired.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:53 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Season is not looking good. Shit happens.

Holistic reference is a longer term project referring to the whole club right down to the junior teams not a two season thing talking about the first team. Using it as a stick to beat the club with is very unfair imo & shouldn't happen unless there is evidence to suggest it is failling at the youth levels. I don't see that evidence.

If however Pellegrini or the next manager doesn't start making an effort to bring through kids in the coming seasons then it can be seen as starting to fail & the manager imo should be fired.

I do not trust them now sad to say they are not as good as we thought.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:55 pm

I don't agree.

He should be fired end of this season for NOT bringing in any kids whatsoever this fuckign season (Among other reasons to be fired), remember we went out with a whimper in the FA and Carling cups...he used just about fuckign no one from the youth set up and that's a sack able offence for me given the way the season has gone.

Given his shit signings and Mangala being the fuckign worst one (No matter what you see in him , hes fuckign SHITE so far) overall we have zero value for money...maybe he should pop down to Chelsea and see how they do it...he can take the 2 Spanish dudes with him whilst hes at it....hes over spent by probably 60 odd million..Fernando and Mangala..no upgrade on before and that's criminal.

I do not see any improvement for next season with him at the helm , he will persist with his mentality.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:05 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I don't agree.

He should be fired end of this season for NOT bringing in any kids whatsoever this fuckign season (Among other reasons to be fired), remember we went out with a whimper in the FA and Carling cups...he used just about fuckign no one from the youth set up and that's a sack able offence for me given the way the season has gone.

Given his shit signings and Mangala being the fuckign worst one (No matter what you see in him , hes fuckign SHITE so far) overall we have zero value for money...maybe he should pop down to Chelsea and see how they do it...he can take the 2 Spanish dudes with him whilst hes at it....hes over spent by probably 60 odd million..Fernando and Mangala..no upgrade on before and that's criminal.

I do not see any improvement for next season with him at the helm , he will persist with his mentality.

Not playing the kids this season is not a sackable offence. That's mental. I would strongly have urged him to give some a chance, but only to get them experience & see if one or two made a sudden jump in standard.

Next season however, they are all that bit older & without a doubt some would get a game here & there if they were at another club be that rags, Arsenal Liverpool . If Pellegrini is sacked however, if's very unlikely any will unless the manager who replaces him is ordered to & told his job is safe.

And if Pellegrini is sacked, then it pretty much sets in stone the theory that any manager who doesn't win the league every year gets fired.

Not a great tempter for the top managers.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:14 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I don't agree.

Not playing the kids this season is not a sackable offence. That's mental. I would strongly have urged him to give some a chance, but only to get them experience & see if one or two made a sudden jump in standard.

Next season however, they are all that bit older & without a doubt some would get a game here & there if they were at another club be that rags, Arsenal Liverpool . If Pellegrini is sacked however, if's very unlikely any will unless the manager who replaces him is ordered to & told his job is safe.

And if Pellegrini is sacked, then it pretty much sets in stone the theory that any manager who doesn't win the league every year gets fired.

Maybe, but rotating and arsing about with the squad and failing to sort out issues which were always gonna bite us is rank stupidity, taking the piss with the domestic cups? Review at the end of the season god help him !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:20 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I don't agree.

Maybe, but rotating and arsing about with the squad and failing to sort out issues which were always gonna bite us is rank stupidity, taking the piss with the domestic cups? Review at the end of the season god help him !

Difference between Pellers and Rodgers on kids!

Rodgers send out Jordan Ibe on load to a championship side, sees he is playing excellent and getting rave reviews and believes he can do a job for them so brings him back to the first team and hands him his chance, which he has taken and looked very impressive (glad he was injured yesterday).

Pellers sends Denayer out on loan to a team in European competition and challenging for titles, he has also ripped up trees and has half of Glasgow loving him and wanting him to sign and is probably going to get POTY if he keeps it up. We have ridiculous issues with our centre backs and Pellers watches on and doesnt take the bull by the horns.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:23 pm

We are not allowed to bring back Denayer or Lopes.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:24 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:We are not allowed to bring back Denayer or Lopes.

We can, we would just be financially penalised
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum