***liverpool v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

***liverpool v city official match thread***

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:36 am

fucking typical isn't it? the game's greatest ever manager's team has found some form just as we come to play then at there place

thankfully they are going into today's game on the back of an energy sapping trip to istanbul

anyway....

yaya is going to be immense today, i can feel it. bony is going to score as well

come on city!

fuck these cunts up!
Last edited by Nigels Tackle on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: ***city v liverpool official match thread***

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:20 am

Did I read somewhere Bony has a knock and is doubtfull? Hope not. Lets break our Mersey jinx and give them twats something to light a candle for
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: ***liverpool v city official match thread***

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:40 am

On paper we have three tough fixtures left. Away games at Spurs, filth and this one today. We will have to get a minimum of five points from them I would have thought if we are to retain the title.
A couple of things are in our favour today, so let's cash in and get three of the required points. We probably need to.
Last edited by Piccsnumberoneblue on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby gmercer1 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:42 am

We have to get a result today. Work with the most annoying Scouse fan, it will be unbearable if they scab a result.

Come on City 3-1
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:49 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:On paper we have three tough fixtures left. Away games at Spurs, filth and this one today. We will have to get a minimum of five points from them I would have thought if we are to retain the title.
A couple of things are in our favour today, so let's cash in and get three of the required points. We probably need to.

Spot on, being the negative cunt I am, lose today, it is also close to all over on a few levels. C'mon City turn up and do the biz.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:29 am

Pessimistic and optimistic for me today. On the down side we've not won at Anfield since 2003 and if Clattenburg ref's the same way as he did last year then we'll have to play like gods to win it.

However, we have shown that we're nearly there with 2 draws in the previous seasons to last. We should've got something from that as well if the ref actually decided to play by the laws of the game. We've also beaten Liverpool this season at ours and with the extra couple of days off there's no reason why we can't finally put the Anfield hoodoo to bed, just as we did the Britannia a few weeks back.

The question is, can we get out of the blocks or will we start at the pedestrian pace that we've done so often this season? Brenda will surely give it hammer and tongues from the off, hoping to get infront and hold out later on when they may start to tire. Pellers will have to be tactically acute and ensure we're not left exposed at the back like he's done so many times. If we can control the game for the first 20 mins and close the space then I'm positive we can go on and win it. If we don't then .......................

Interesting that this is the 3rd big game that Clattenburg has ref'd us for this season. He presided over both the Arsenal & Chelsea games which ended all even and he only now needs to get the Rags game to get the full house.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:16 am

Just driven a double train load of Blues to Liverpool. Feeling ashamed I'm not going to the match but I over optimistically was saving my days off for Europe. That was a great idea eh?
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cit.revenge » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:52 am

C'mon City , 3 pts today and Maureen will have a breakdown.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:55 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:On paper we have three tough fixtures left. Away games at Spurs, filth and this one today. We will have to get a minimum of five points from them I would have thought if we are to retain the title.

Correction ; that's one tough-ish game (today) , and one possibly slightly tricky game, depending which Spurs turn up.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Slim » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:01 am

So two then.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:06 am

Mangala and Kolarov starting and Dzeko. MP has set us up to have no control of midfield yet again. It's a strange tactic
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:07 am

I was including the iffy ref factor
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:07 am

Just driven a double train load of Blues to Liverpool. Feeling ashamed I'm not going to the match but I over optimistically was saving my days off for Europe. That was a great idea eh?

It's because you're a romantic.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:08 am

@MCFC XI: Hart, Zabaleta, Mangala, Kompany, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Silva, Nasri, Dzeko, Aguero. #mcfc

Do you think Pellegrini sometimes forgets who he played last game?

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:10 am

.@MCFC SUBS: Caballero, Demichelis, Clichy, Lampard, Bony, Milner, Fernando.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:10 am

come on city we need 3pts from this game nothing less, it will put Chelsea under pressure if we do win and big fat sam will want to beat them on wednesday
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:17 am

Is jovetic injured?
Original Dub

Postby ruralblue » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:22 am

Original Dub wrote:Is jovetic injured?

Is he ever fit? Just a sore little finger by all accounts, damaged it opening a tin of corned beef. He will be back in three weeks.

Big game and think we have the squad to do them over. Two - one, Yaya and Serg. Would love Bony to grab one though.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:30 am

Original Dub wrote:Is jovetic injured?

Just left out again I think.

I find it quite funny that Milner is on the bench.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:38 am

Team doesn't feel right for me but I guess if we play to our best we can win anyway. Edin certainly played well against the Toon but it was only the Toon and we did get the bonus of a goal in the first minute to lift his spirits and crush Newcastle. Today we will have to be at our very best and we cannot afford mistakes or players below par.

I hope Zaba and Vinnie get back to their best but I do fear Liverpool running at them to expose the weaknesses and I don't need to mention Kolarov is a defensive scenario. So it's really all about our attacking players making it happen and scoring goals.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum