Lawro and Degenerate predictions gameweek 27

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro and Degenerate predictions gameweek 27

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:40 pm

Lawro's opponent for this weekend's Premier League fixtures is England rugby union star George Ford. However he is an egg chasing Chelsea fan so fuck him!

Well well, we are up against Lawro's team this week, I wonder what the mystic one thinks we are going to do to his team.... no prizes for guessing that he wont bet against his beloved reds!

Everybody seemed to think Liverpool were great in their win over Southampton last weekend but I just thought they did OK.

The bit they did do well was stopping Saints from playing and posing a threat on the counter-attack. The Reds will probably change their team around a lot from their Europa League tie in Turkey on Thursday. But their form is good with no defeats in their last 10 league games and they will be confident of keeping that momentum going.

"Lawro on... Man City vs Barca"
"I just could not believe the way Manchester City set up and played against Barcelona in the Champions League on Tuesday night.
"For a manager with as much experience as Manuel Pellegrini, it was staggering to see him surrender the midfield to a team like Barca.
"I think his tactics in the first leg might go against him if his position is reviewed at the end of the season. The club's owners obviously want to keep making progress in the Champions League and they might be wondering if they have got the right manager to do so. "Of course they are not out yet and I think City might get a goal at the Nou Camp. But they need at least two and, no matter how City set up in the second leg, you have to fancy Barca to score too."

Liverpool can definitely get at Manchester City's defence with their fast attacking players - in the past we have been asking who the best partner is for Vincent Kompany at centre-back, but he is struggling for form right now and he has gone backwards. But City have found form again in attack with nine goals in their last two league games. They can hurt Liverpool too, which is why I think this game will end up as a draw. That might appear to be a bad result for City, who will drop more points in their pursuit of leaders Chelsea, but the most important thing for them is not to be beaten.
At the moment they just need to stay in the title race - this is not a case of them needing to win at all cost.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1
George's prediction: Liverpool are hard to beat at Anfield but City are in a good run of form in the Premier League and scoring a lot of goals. 1-2

I hope you get splinters up your arse, fence sitting twollop

Merson is a nobhead once again

I am just going for Liverpool here. They have really picked up of late, while Brendan Rodgers has rested a couple of players for the trip to Besiktas in Philippe Coutinho and Jordan Henderson, and for me this game on Sunday is bigger than the Besiktas match.

Getting beaten by Barcelona on Tuesday will have really knocked the stuffing out of City. And I think that Liverpool are at home and are on a right roll at the moment, so I see them winning this game 2-1.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro and Degenerate predictions gameweek 27

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:20 pm

Merson really is as dumb as fuck.

No mention of dippers also playing in europe.

Stuffing knocked out indeed. So on that basis, once you lose once, you're fucked, because the stuffing gets knocked out of you. Then you lose again.

The end.
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:43 pm

Never been a happy hunting ground though, Anfield. Avoid defeat at all costs I think. Maybe nick one near the end as the dippers must be tired after Europa.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:05 pm

nottsblue wrote:Never been a happy hunting ground though, Anfield. Avoid defeat at all costs I think. Maybe nick one near the end as the dippers must be tired after Europa.

It's not a happy hunting ground and a draw would be ok by me. The dippers though have only won 2 of the last 12 league meetings with us. That's a stat that sky won't mention on Sunday. If it was nt for Clattenberg then it would have been 1 win in 12. That ref is my biggest concern.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Gotta be smart on the ball. Take the sting out and slowly wear them cunts down. Play the long game and then after their initial surge we can capitalise. It sounds simple on paper.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:50 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Gotta be smart on the ball. Take the sting out and slowly wear them cunts down. Play the long game and then after their initial surge we can capitalise. It sounds simple on paper.

We did eggsactly this in the home game earlier this season.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:02 pm

To be fair, sounds like Merson and Lawro are just playing the game. Lawro will be hoping for the win whilst playing the draw card while Merson is going with the flow as he hasn't got 2 cells to rub together; the Dippers usually beat us.

Personally I'd go with Lawro and anything better is above and beyond.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:30 pm

Draw me bollocks! None of this submissive shite. We are the better team, go there and give it all and win the bloody match.
Mr pelligrini is too nice sometimes.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:38 pm

Treat like a trip to the swamp, get after them and fight for every ball wear em down and win easily.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Bluedj » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:53 am

Our away form is the best in the prem, therefore we will win. Secondl half they will get lead legs
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Return to The Maine Football forum