Liverpool next - what formation?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Liverpool next - what formation?

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:01 pm

It doesn't really matter what the formation is, so long as they put the work in & use their brains (something they failed to do vs Barca).

Rodgers has pretty much the same game plan in all these kind of matches. He gets them all to run about like absolute fuck for 20 mins. If they score, they are in with a good chance of winning. If they don't, & they are playing decent opposition, they usually get beat. We all know it.

The thing is to keep it tight & play with a bit of intelligence , which means no sudden lurches or panic kicks from Vinny, & the rest of the team, including the strikers, to get behind the ball when needed, not take too many risks in possession & not get too may players wrong side of the ball.

When we get the ball, pass it & keep it.

We did ALL of that wrong v Barca.

If we do it right v Liverpool, we will always end up dominating the game, as their energy levels always drop,& on this occasion one or two will be more tired than usual, which gives us a good chance to cash in.

They knew all this v Barca though, & still did none of it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:13 pm

4-4-2, Bony and Aguero to start.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:19 pm

Slim wrote:4-4-2, Bony and Aguero to start.

I would like to see Bony play vs these, but he is another, like Aguero, who is not great at chasing down defenders. Means the rest will have to put a proper shift in.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:24 pm

Bit worried about Bony's work rate having seen it in a blue shirt now. I've no doubting he's a really good player but it struck me how much it's clearly not his style to run about during the Barca game. Aguero doesn't either really, and im a bit disappointed as i like the high pressing game which i dont think we'll do now.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:41 pm

twosips wrote:Bit worried about Bony's work rate having seen it in a blue shirt now. I've no doubting he's a really good player but it struck me how much it's clearly not his style to run about during the Barca game. Aguero doesn't either really, and im a bit disappointed as i like the high pressing game which i dont think we'll do now.

We don't do it properly without him though. The team as a whole just don't work hard enough.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:45 pm

I know, but we're at our best in those little spells when we do decide to do it - this just means there's possibly even less of a chance of it now which is a shame.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:52 pm

twosips wrote:I know, but we're at our best in those little spells when we do decide to do it - this just means there's possibly even less of a chance of it now which is a shame.

I think we have to evolve in the next couple of seasons, into a generally fitter, quicker team, so Bony may not be such a liability in that regard, so long as he is trained to do a bit more than he currently does. We have carried Silva, Aguero, Yaya & Dzeko, plus at times Kolarov & still won the title last year, still sometimes pressing teams.

I think we can get more out of Bony in time for next season.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:15 pm

twosips wrote:Bit worried about Bony's work rate having seen it in a blue shirt now. I've no doubting he's a really good player but it struck me how much it's clearly not his style to run about during the Barca game. Aguero doesn't either really, and im a bit disappointed as i like the high pressing game which i dont think we'll do now.

So you've seen him for 52 minutes over two subs appearances and you're ready to pass judgment?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mark Garrett » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:29 pm

In the big games away from home and even at times at home, we should be opting for 4-5-1. This is true for Sunday.

We have lots of attacking midfielders so making best use of them is in that system. 4-4-2 leaves several players are out of the game when our midfield is overrun.

Team in a 4-5-1 for Sunday should be:

---------------------------Hart

Zabaleta-----Kompany----Mangala-----Clichy

Navas--------Yaya------Fernandinho----Milner

-----------------------Silva

-----------------------Aguero
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Slim » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:33 pm

Mark Garrett wrote:In the big games away from home and even at times at home, we should be opting for 4-5-1. This is true for Sunday.

We have lots of attacking midfielders so making best use of them is in that system. 4-4-2 leaves several players are out of the game when our midfield is overrun.

Team in a 4-5-1 for Sunday should be:

---------------------------Hart

Zabaleta-----Kompany----Mangala-----Clichy

Navas--------Yaya------Fernandinho----Milner

-----------------------Silva

-----------------------Aguero

So your option is to play a formation we won't and then leave out Nasri but play Navas and Milner?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby twosips » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:44 pm

Slim wrote:

So you've seen him for 52 minutes over two subs appearances and you're ready to pass judgment?

No, i'm not. He just wasn't a runner at Swansea either and ive seen plenty of him there. As I said, i've no doubt he's great, but he's definitely not a runner - the bits i saw of him made me actually think 'hang on, i didn't consider that'.

That's not passing judgement - its just commenting on his attributes. It's by no means a criticism either, just he's a different player.

Now you can kindly climb down from that high horse of yours if you want?
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:51 pm

twosips wrote:
Slim wrote:

No, i'm not. He just wasn't a runner at Swansea either and ive seen plenty of him there. As I said, i've no doubt he's great, but he's definitely not a runner - the bits i saw of him made me actually think 'hang on, i didn't consider that'.

That's not passing judgement - its just commenting on his attributes. It's by no means a criticism either, just he's a different player.

When did Swansea wear a blue shirt?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:03 pm

In the AFCON, they applied for planning permission for Bony pre game. He actually moved less than Yaya, who was like an oil tanker.

Bony is a fucking lump. Strong, skillful, decent over ten yards, but a lump. We can improve it I'm sure, but only a bit.

He's never going to be Paul Dickov in the closing down department, but he'll fight for the ball with people who are in his area, & cause them all manner of problems. He would give Skrotal big problems if they play the ball to him, but we don't want him trying to chase people about, any more than Yaya.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:13 pm

Treat it like a Derby. Sturbridge and Sterling will cause us problems, just on pace alone, city need a big performance from the whole lot of them. They must be going for a quick start, It is a simple game plan that if it catches us out then we are twats.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby twosips » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:20 pm

Slim wrote:
twosips wrote:
Slim wrote:

If you're trying to be clever it's not working. You know fully well i meant now he's had a couple of appearances for City.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:35 pm

twosips wrote:
Slim wrote:
twosips wrote:
Slim wrote:

If you're trying to be clever it's not working. You know fully well i meant now he's had a couple of appearances for City.

Really don't have to try.

Wish other posters were better at writing what they mean instead of writing moronic bullshit and expecting people to know what the fuck their simpleton minds actually meant.

But that's just me I'm sure. Oh, and anyone else who isn't a fucktard.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

?Re: Liverpool next - what formation?

Postby twosips » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:16 pm

It's really fucking obvious what i'm writing. If you can't understand what i said then you probably should ask yourself some questions. Shall I translate?

"Bit worried about Bony's work rate having seen it in a blue shirt now"

I am showing concern towards how much Bony is willing to run around, especially now I have seen him in a blue shirt - i mean, blue shirt is hardly cryptic stuff is it? Can't think of any team that Bony plays for 'now' that wears a blue shirt.

"I've no doubting he's a really good player but it struck me how much it's clearly not his style to run about during the Barca game."

I say i actually think he's a good player, but it's merely not his style to sprint around everywhere, and it struck me during his cameo in the Barca game in particular.

"Aguero doesn't either really, and im a bit disappointed as i like the high pressing game which i dont think we'll do now."

I note that the other striker we're likely to play alongside him doesn't do that either, and as a result we wont play the pressing game fthe game that much, which i'm a bit gutted about as i quite like it.

.......is that really that hard to comprehed?

"Wish other posters were better at writing what they mean instead of writing moronic bullshit and expecting people to know what the fuck their simpleton minds actually meant."

Really? It's hardly fucking rocket science is it? Stop being a dick for no reason. I've not criticised Bony once, just made an observation about his game.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby twosips » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:25 pm

Anyway, this is a stupid, trivial argument. I'd start both Bony and Aguero tomorrow - i've got a gut feeling it'll cause them problems.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:28 pm

twosips wrote:Anyway, this is a stupid, trivial argument. I'd start both Bony and Aguero tomorrow - i've got a gut feeling it'll cause them problems.

Can we get our forwards at it, can we cope with SAS.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: ?Re: Liverpool next - what formation?

Postby ruralblue » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:16 pm

twosips wrote:
"Bit worried about Bony's work rate having seen it in a blue shirt now"

I am showing concern towards how much Bony is willing to run around, especially now I have seen him in a blue shirt - i mean, blue shirt is hardly cryptic stuff is it? Can't think of any team that Bony plays for 'now' that wears a blue shirt.

Are you daft man???

It's gold and white! ;-)
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum