Qatar: Winter World Cup 2022

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Qatar: Winter World Cup 2022

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:07 pm

I think FIFA have paid the russians to start the third world war just to cover all this up. After that shit kicks off and the nuclear bombs start flying, everywhere is going to be too hot for the fucking football.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:50 pm

Does FIFA have that Malaysian plane?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:28 am

This could be the end of FIFA if they don't change this to summer.

We have had very strong words from the President of LaLiga & also Serie A. Even UEFA are getting it in the neck for not opposing them. We already know what the English, German & Dutch authorities think about FIFA.

Then Rumenigge has already hinted at the clubs' feelings on this.

Most importantly, the word 'compensation' has been used, & FIFA are flatly refusing to even think about it.

There may be some serious turmoil to come, if someone can unite this lot & lead the way. Get the European leagues together, get backers for a new competition, then phone up Brazil & Argentina with the right financial incentives. Job done. Anybody worth having will get on the same bus. FIFA will fall apart.

Don't invite the Russians.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:59 am

Its a crazy situation they are creating, they have cancelled the Qatar Confederations cup which is supposed to be a dry run for the world cup event! They said its too hot to hold it and are saying that they will hold it in a different country. The whole reason behind the stupid worthless internationals was to give the country hosting the cup the following year a dry run at event hosting! What a pile of shite they are!

So if you are an African international and your team won the ACON in 2020, you have just played through the summer. You then play a full season into 2021 and then play a full summer at the Confed Cup. Then straight into another league season and a winter world cup, an extended league season and straight into another ACON Tournament!

Your are going to be loving Fifa for that.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Its a crazy situation they are creating, they have cancelled the Qatar Confederations cup which is supposed to be a dry run for the world cup event! They said its too hot to hold it and are saying that they will hold it in a different country. The whole reason behind the stupid worthless internationals was to give the country hosting the cup the following year a dry run at event hosting! What a pile of shite they are!

So if you are an African international and your team won the ACON in 2020, you have just played through the summer. You then play a full season into 2021 and then play a full summer at the Confed Cup. Then straight into another league season and a winter world cup, an extended league season and straight into another ACON Tournament!

Your are going to be loving Fifa for that.

*You're.

Your welcome. :)
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Abu Dhabi » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:41 pm

Look at all you pussies complaining.. Its really funny

Its like fighting with your wife about the dinner you'll be having on her birthday after 7 years.

you are football fans, not fookin FAs and organisers, let them worry about the schedules.

I dont like Qatar much, but to be honest, i dont see what is the fuss about. The schedules will change for a couple of seasons, but thats about it. You are having the same amount of football. There is enough time to prepare for the commercial stuff.

I honestly think playing in winter will make for a better world cup. Better than playing it with knackered players.

And why are people complaining about the size and population of Qatar again?
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:53 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:Look at all you pussies complaining.. Its really funny

Its like fighting with your wife about the dinner you'll be having on her birthday after 7 years.

you are football fans, not fookin FAs and organisers, let them worry about the schedules.

I dont like Qatar much, but to be honest, i dont see what is the fuss about. The schedules will change for a couple of seasons, but thats about it. You are having the same amount of football. There is enough time to prepare for the commercial stuff.

I honestly think playing in winter will make for a better world cup. Better than playing it with knackered players.

Jihadi John has spoken.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:08 pm

I'm actually looking forward to summer football it's gonna be ace.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:12 pm

A corrupt organisation whom we despise and would happily see a fair few of them dead, is fucking about with our league, in order to play a load of 2nd rate football, in a country who's whole bid is based on fucking bribes, & was voted for on a SUMMER schedule, not a winter one, & a bunch of us are going to end up missing City games we have paid for, due to holidays etc, watching players who are fucking knackered due to non stop football & you sit there thinking you can pass fucking judgement on us ?

How many fucking games do you go to ?

Fuck off.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PrezIke » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:09 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/sport ... ports&_r=0

So Fox themselves admit the deal for 2026 was basically a payoff to avoid being sued over switching the World Cup away from the summer:

Why, without having televised a single World Cup match under their 2018 and 2022 deals, were Fox and Telemundo being rewarded with a third cycle of World Cup events?

And why would FIFA’s TV director later that day say the deal was made after “reviewing the market for its media rights” without talking to ESPN and Univision, its former rights holders, in that review?

Earlier this week, FIFA dropped its drawers a bit to provide a glimpse at its motivation. Jerome Valcke, the organization’s secretary general, said the deal with Fox was made to avoid facing a lawsuit from the media giant over shifting the 2022 Cup from the heat of the Qatari summer to the late fall and winter. The admission was surprising, but it made sense.

Interestingly, this also could clearly lead to disincentiveising FIFA to award the 2026 World Cup to the U.S. because FIFA now will not be able to maximize the money they could earn for broadcast rights if the U.S. won the '26 World Cup before this deal was made:

Juan Carlos Rodriguez, the president of sports for Univision Communications, said in a phone interview Thursday that FIFA failed to maximize the value of the United States rights in its deals with Fox and Telemundo and that the agreements jeopardized the possibility of the 2026 World Cup coming to America.

“If the rights are already fixed,” he said, “there’s little incentive to FIFA to award 2026 to the U.S.” He added: “If we had been asked to bid, we would have taken it very seriously.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:54 pm

The TV rights seem to be a bit of a trading commodity to FIFA. If yu look back over the years they sell the rights for a pittance just like they do with subsistence rights, letting others gain a substantial market share when they could, themselves, make a markable profit. See Jack Warner.

This seems to be where FIFA keep those outside the organisation in check and keep the 'risk' down to a minimum.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:54 am

Ted Hughes wrote: a bunch of us are going to end up missing City games we have paid for, due to holidays etc, watching players who are fucking knackered due to non stop football & you sit there thinking you can pass fucking judgement on us ?

Fuck off.

Go on then. What is etc?

So its just the holidays?

If attending City games is so important then you will find a better way of arranging your freakin holidays.

And what knackered players? Its just 3 to 6 games form SOME of the players, whom will probably be given a couple of weeks to recover.

I hate FIFA more than you do, although i wont wish them death, but I'd rather stick to criticising them for the right reasons, not turn into a drama queen and complain for made up silly reasons for the sake of it.

Since when we started caring about broadcast rights and sponsors? Fuck them too, they will sort each other out.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby twosips » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:36 am

Gotta admit i dont really care either to be honest. It doesn't really affect my life in any way at all so im totally indifferent to it.

I can see why others may be upset, but its such a long time away that i find it very difficult to give a shit.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:49 am

twosips wrote:Gotta admit i dont really care either to be honest. It doesn't really affect my life in any way at all so im totally indifferent to it.

I can see why others may be upset, but its such a long time away that i find it very difficult to give a shit.

I feel similar, besides, two of the stadiums are less than a mile from my house so I'm quite happy with arrangement!

I dont think a winter World Cup would be a bad thing, and think summer domestic football has its merits, On the other hand, I know where people are coming from, the anger is that the whole game is being turned upside down by a bunch of bent cunts for their own personal gain, and that regular match goers with kids are going to either have to not take holidays in the summer, or miss games.

On a practical level, this World Cup's economic implications are scarily widespread for those who rely on summer holiday trade around Europe. If a million match goers in the UK decided not to take a holiday that year, the knock on effects around Europe would be huge. The alternative is the effect on clubs not getting their regular gate money for those who do choose to go on holiday.

Whichever way you look at it, somebody loses out big time whilst the FIFA execs coin it in, and Abu Dhabi's view is just a little too simplistic
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:44 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote: a bunch of us are going to end up missing City games we have paid for, due to holidays etc, watching players who are fucking knackered due to non stop football & you sit there thinking you can pass fucking judgement on us ?

Fuck off.

Go on then. What is etc?

So its just the holidays?

If attending City games is so important then you will find a better way of arranging your freakin holidays.

And what knackered players? Its just 3 to 6 games form SOME of the players, whom will probably be given a couple of weeks to recover.

I hate FIFA more than you do, although i wont wish them death, but I'd rather stick to criticising them for the right reasons, not turn into a drama queen and complain for made up silly reasons for the sake of it.

Since when we started caring about broadcast rights and sponsors? Fuck them too, they will sort each other out.

Clueless cunt.

It's none of your fucking business, but if for instance my work pattern follows recent years, I will miss either the whole of the start of the season or the whole of the end of the season, every fucking game, if it is moved, as well as the likelihood of missing games if I decide to go on holiday, added to the games I will be forced to miss during a normal season. If I am unlucky, this could happen for at least two years either side of the competition year, as well, and is also going to end up with loads of people who don't yet realise it, missing games.

Then somehow the players have to play the European Championships, African Cup of Nations & all the World Cup qualifiers, as well as the European games, get all the finals out of the way etc. Some will be playing non stop. Plenty willl end up like Zabaleta has this season; FUCKED. Some will get injured & the cunts will play them in internationals anyway, then totally fucked by the lack of rest periods.

It's unlikely there will be one match going supporter who doesn't end up missing a game due to this. If I'm very lucky, I may miss only one or two, if I'm unlucky, I'll be missing so many it will make no sense buying a season ticket, but I probably won't know until I've paid for the first one.

Ther will be fucking 100s of thousands of fans who it will jump on like this, possibly millions.

WHY THE FUCK SHOULD I BE DOCKED MONEY BY SEPP FUCKING BLATTER ? I will be throwing money down the shitter, so that bent cunt can fucking coin it in.

You don't give a fuck, because it doesn't have any effect on you That's fine you don't give a fuck for anyone else, but you have absolutely no right to slag off those who do give a fuck, without expecting to get it back.

Plenty on here who think it won't make any difference will realise that's not the case, when the time comes.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:48 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
twosips wrote:Gotta admit i dont really care either to be honest. It doesn't really affect my life in any way at all so im totally indifferent to it.

I feel similar, besides, two of the stadiums are less than a mile from my house so I'm quite happy with arrangement!

I dont think a winter World Cup would be a bad thing, and think summer domestic football has its merits, On the other hand, I know where people are coming from, the anger is that the whole game is being turned upside down by a bunch of bent cunts for their own personal gain, and that regular match goers with kids are going to either have to not take holidays in the summer, or miss games.

On a practical level, this World Cup's economic implications are scarily widespread for those who rely on summer holiday trade around Europe. If a million match goers in the UK decided not to take a holiday that year, the knock on effects around Europe would be huge. The alternative is the effect on clubs not getting their regular gate money for those who do choose to go on holiday.

Whichever way you look at it, somebody loses out big time whilst the FIFA execs coin it in, and Abu Dhabi's view is just a little too simplistic

Many of them will have to go on holiday anyway, due to family commitments, & will end up missing title run ins, cup finals, all kinds of shit, just so some bent cunts can make money. And it could happen at least 3 yeas in a row, as the schedule is adjusted.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:50 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

A corrupt organisation whom we despise and would happily see a fair few of them dead, is fucking about with our league, in order to play a load of 2nd rate football, in a country who's whole bid is based on fucking bribes, & was voted for on a SUMMER schedule, not a winter one, & a bunch of us are going to end up missing City games we have paid for, due to holidays etc, watching players who are fucking knackered due to non stop football & you sit there thinking you can pass fucking judgement on us ?

Fuck off.

Spot on Ted - well said sir.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby twosips » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:52 am

I'm not sure id forgo a two week holiday just to watch a couple of premier league games, personally. I think i'd get over it as a one off and just find a nice bar and watch them games in the sun somewhere..... it is only football after all.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:04 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:On a practical level, this World Cup's economic implications are scarily widespread for those who rely on summer holiday trade around Europe. If a million match goers in the UK decided not to take a holiday that year, the knock on effects around Europe would be huge. The alternative is the effect on clubs not getting their regular gate money for those who do choose to go on holiday.

I see, its about tourism economics then.

Is my view too simplistic, or are you a little bit exaggerating what will a month world cup do to the world economy?

Economy is a game of balance, an event might take some things out and put some things in some place, and do the same to other places.

For the purpose of discussion, in theory, let us assume there are a million UK constant match goers / foreign holiday makers, which I believe there aren't, you could argue that keeping them home will either increase domestic expenditure or increase personal saving rates, which wont do the UK any harm.

In practice though, how many of them will actually cancel their holidays because of this? And at worst scenario, how many will find it difficult to skip just the first game of the season to make it work?

On the other hand, if your worry is clubs gates receipts if the million people left the country, I could argue that there is potential alternative demand for summer premier league games.

Thats of course with the assumption that local demand will decrease, something I dont believe will be that significant.

Moreover, in worst case scenario, clubs might decide to decrease prices to counter that fall in demand, which isnt bad considering all the complaints about prices these days, with the consistent increase in income for clubs from other sources. This is still in theory though, and for a one off event.

Now if your absolute worry is actually the effect on European tourism, then I could argue the same for each individual country. But the fact is, football match goers isnt the make or break of the tourism market, and if they were, I will still argue that those never-miss-a-game chunk of match goers will then find some time in winter to travel instead, balancing it a bit for some tourist destinations.

I am not denying that it is a modification, but I just cant see the point of discussing such minor issues as if it is the crisis to be in 7 years time.

FIFA is corrupt alright, but it amazes me how we could for an example make the FA an angel one day, and corrupt the other day for domestic football purposes.

I guess my point is, the world cup wont effect your life standard in 7 years time. Politicians, banks, and big corporations will though, and there is no doubt that corruption runs through the veins of many of them, anywhere in the world.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:07 pm

twosips wrote:I'm not sure id forgo a two week holiday just to watch a couple of premier league games, personally. I think i'd get over it as a one off and just find a nice bar and watch them games in the sun somewhere..... it is only football after all.

So you've paid for a season ticket, & you miss 'a couple of games' possibly 3 years in a row due to schedule.

Congratulations! Sepp Blatter has docked you round about 215 pounds.

Look how pleased he is; you will be able to see him smiling on tv.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum