Qatar: Winter World Cup 2022

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Qatar: Winter World Cup 2022

Postby john@staustell » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:24 am

Joke from start to finish.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:37 am

Ted Hughes wrote:The top countries should get together now, withdraw from FIFA & start planning a summer tournament for that year. Most others will join, problem solved.

Mist big clubs with big influence on their national FA's have Middle Eastern main sponsors.
Just saying.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:15 pm

I think the world cup final on christmas day is a great idea right after my dinner and bottle of red wine.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:28 pm

Theoretically what is to stop all the major European nations - Germany, Italy, France, Holland, England, Belgium, et al simply saying "No thanks" and withdrawing from the tournament and instead play another euros tournament in the summer of 2022 instead, which is when international tournament should take place anyway.

Out with the wash goes over half the best players/teams in the world, the sponsors then wont stump up the cash FIFA wants and the knock-on effect takes hold.

Why should all the European leagues have to adjust all their calenders simply because Fifa incorrectly, and corruptly, awarded a tournament with no consideration for football itself and merely to line their own pockets? Simply club together, tell them to fucl off and move on. Time for the European nations to show some bollocks.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:37 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Theoretically what is to stop all the major European nations - Germany, Italy, France, Holland, England, Belgium, et al simply saying "No thanks" and withdrawing from the tournament and instead play another euros tournament in the summer of 2022 instead, which is when international tournament should take place anyway.

Out with the wash goes over half the best players/teams in the world, the sponsors then wont stump up the cash FIFA wants and the knock-on effect takes hold.

Why should all the European leagues have to adjust all their calenders simply because Fifa incorrectly, and corruptly, awarded a tournament with no consideration for football itself and merely to line their own pockets? Simply club together, tell them to fucl off and move on. Time for the European nations to show some bollocks.

Now that would be nice.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:54 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Theoretically what is to stop all the major European nations - Germany, Italy, France, Holland, England, Belgium, et al simply saying "No thanks" and withdrawing from the tournament and instead play another euros tournament in the summer of 2022 instead, which is when international tournament should take place anyway.

i'm not sure what jurisdiction FIFA have over UEFA, and what jurisdiction UEFA have over national FAs to force them to comply or sanction them. I would imagine that it would render any international games as 'not counted' as an international in the official FIFA record, but who gives a fuck about that?

From a practical perspective, a break away tournament would really cause problems, because when it comes to chasing money - if the Europeans could get sponsors on board, the Brazilians and Argentians would be straight on board and the world cup would become a complete non-event. Qatar would then sue FIFA for billions, FIFA would go bankrupt, and everyone carries on as they were before.

Simples.......

Bet you they all cave in though, despite the tough talking from English and German FAs in recent months.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:

i'm not sure what jurisdiction FIFA have over UEFA, and what jurisdiction UEFA have over national FAs to force them to comply or sanction them. I would imagine that it would render any international games as 'not counted' as an international in the official FIFA record, but who gives a fuck about that?

From a practical perspective, a break away tournament would really cause problems, because when it comes to chasing money - if the Europeans could get sponsors on board, the Brazilians and Argentians would be straight on board and the world cup would become a complete non-event. Qatar would then sue FIFA for billions, FIFA would go bankrupt, and everyone carries on as they were before.

Simples.......

Bet you they all cave in though, despite the tough talking from English and German FAs in recent months.

That's the key John. If they all back each other and simply all say "No thanks" then theres literally fucl all Fifa can do about it. Who gives them jurisdiction over Uefa and the European nations? If legal ties exist, then Uefa can dissolve, and emerge as a phoenix organisation called Eufa Nations or something like that.

Fifa's unilateral decision to corruptly award a tournament to Qatar had nothing to do with the good of football, nothing to do with the consideration of footballers themselves or football playing nations, less than zero to do with considering what would be best for football supporters, and everything to do with who was paying the most in bribes to the select committee members who made the decision.

Id love to see this side of the world stand up to Fifa and its money grabbing cronies, and simply say No.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby twosips » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:49 pm

Probably the only person who thinks it's all quite amusing. I dunno, I'll find it quite novel as a one off.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:58 pm

UEFA and FIFA are membership organisations, there is no jurisdiction. We can do exactly that and tell them to fuckoff, which we should.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:30 pm

Interestingly now on SSN Peterborough owner saying smaller English clubs could go bust due to no income coming in etc etc . He can't see English clubs complying with FIFA .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:31 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:
sheblue wrote:There is no turning back on this. Didn't the FIFA bribe clan already sell the TV rights to someone in the US for a lot of money.

I thought fox sports paid for the rights but for a summer world cup

i can tell you that a Nov/Dec WC will not play well in the US. Height of College "gridiron" and NFL prepping for the playoffs the last 4-6 weeks of the season.

No one will give two fucls here in the US, and the broadcast "worth" is 75% the casual fan they will miss from this decision.

I'd expect them to sue the fucl out of FIFA if they can and bag out of the agreement if they can. Stupid decision all around.

I'd watch a world cup in November and December, but then again...i'll watch almost any reasonable football on the tele at any time, even if just to bitch and moan.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:50 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:
sheblue wrote:There is no turning back on this. Didn't the FIFA bribe clan already sell the TV rights to someone in the US for a lot of money.

i can tell you that a Nov/Dec WC will not play well in the US. Height of College "gridiron" and NFL prepping for the playoffs the last 4-6 weeks of the season.

No one will give two fucls here in the US, and the broadcast "worth" is 75% the casual fan they will miss from this decision.

I'd expect them to sue the fucl out of FIFA if they can and bag out of the agreement if they can. Stupid decision all around.

I'd watch a world cup in November and December, but then again...i'll watch almost any reasonable football on the tele at any time, even if just to bitch and moan.

cheers

Fox have apparently 'won' the rights to the 2026 tournament. It was in a bidding competition in which other tenders weren't invited. They have been given that as a sweetener, and it makes little difference to the exco even if they gave Fox the rights for 2026 for free, so long as they get away with Qatar, they don't give a fuck, they will all be dead by 2026 anyway.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:57 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:

cheers

Fox have apparently 'won' the rights to the 2026 tournament. It was in a bidding competition in which other tenders weren't invited. They have been given that as a sweetener, and it makes little difference to the exco even if they gave Fox the rights for 2026 for free, so long as they get away with Qatar, they don't give a fuck, they will all be dead by 2026 anyway.

ahhhh...the bribes, allegedly, run so deep here that there are bribes to make sure the work of the bribes are covered.

Seriously, if governments could be as well organized as FIFA is around corruption then their citizens would benefit amazingly.

Shitty shitty stuff, that's so blatant....to do something this in your face they must know they have every fucking angle locked down. It only takes one twisted cunt who got jobbed tho to unsettle shit. What would be something that's beyond the pale for them? Murder? Child Trafficking? I'd say no to both, and they've probably both happened to get their way.

If no one hears from me after this post....well, etc.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:03 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:

cheers

ahhhh...the bribes, allegedly, run so deep here that there are bribes to make sure the work of the bribes are covered.

Seriously, if governments could be as well organized as FIFA is around corruption then their citizens would benefit amazingly.

Shitty shitty stuff, that's so blatant....to do something this in your face they must know they have every fucking angle locked down. It only takes one twisted cunt who got jobbed tho to unsettle shit. What would be something that's beyond the pale for them? Murder? Child Trafficking? I'd say no to both, and they've probably both happened to get their way.

If no one hears from me after this post....well, etc.

cheers

Incredible isn't it that somebody somewhere isn't shouting this from the rooftops.

Oh wait a minute, they are, but for some totally crazy reason no fucker listens. It's well worth spending an hour or so on this site just to see the extent that these cunts actually go to, and amazingly how blatant it all is. Yet the world's media refuse to jump on the bandwagon, because half of them have lucrative deals with FIFA.

http://www.transparencyinsport.org/When ... ights.html
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PrezIke » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:52 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:

i believe the rumour is that to appease fox that they were given no competition to be awarded the newest tv deal.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:04 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:

cheers

this. beat me to it.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby zuricity » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:23 pm

City64 wrote:Interestingly now on SSN Peterborough owner saying smaller English clubs could go bust due to no income coming in etc etc . He can't see English clubs complying with FIFA .

And , of course not release any players because they are under contract, in law, to the clubs and not FIFA.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:33 pm

zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:Interestingly now on SSN Peterborough owner saying smaller English clubs could go bust due to no income coming in etc etc . He can't see English clubs complying with FIFA .

And , of course not release any players because they are under contract, in law, to the clubs and not FIFA.

So why can FIFA/UEFA charge association clubs for not releasing their players? It's a piss-take, just like the rule they invoke if they don't get their player.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
zuricity wrote:

So why can FIFA/UEFA charge association clubs for not releasing their players? It's a piss-take, just like the rule they invoke if they don't get their player.

Well Beefy , like UEFA, they fine clubs, then they fight them I wonder if City have paid anything yet ?

Fines seem to be small generally and so it's not worth getting lawyers. However, the very idea of
The PL stopping for two months upto Xmas ia just laughable.

So who in their right mind would take a holiday in a country that has absolutely nothing to offer a tourist, where fans from around the world ( if any turn up) , can only be ripped off all the time cos they don't have supermarkets that sell beer and the Dutch won't be able to bring their own stuff ,like they normally do all over Europe.

yeah really, The Germans,French , Dutch ,Italians, the Brits, the swedes , etc.are all going to hang out ( poss wrong term there !) at the beach ?

Clearly it isn't going to work.

Look at the abusive way they are employing low paid workers over there. They keep their passports, so they can't leave.The workers are being abused , paid a pittance. Blatter has turned a blind eye to this too. It will be a disaster.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:56 pm

zuricity wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Well Beefy , like UEFA, they fine clubs, then they fight them I wonder if City have paid anything yet ?

Fines seem to be small generally and so it's not worth getting lawyers. However, the very idea of
The PL stopping for two months upto Xmas ia just laughable.

So who in their right mind would take a holiday in a country that has absolutely nothing to offer a tourist, where fans from around the world ( if any turn up) , can only be ripped off all the time cos they don't have supermarkets that sell beer and the Dutch won't be able to bring their own stuff ,like they normally do all over Europe.

yeah really, The Germans,French , Dutch ,Italians, the Brits, the swedes , etc.are all going to hang out ( poss wrong term there !) at the beach ?

Clearly it isn't going to work.

Look at the abusive way they are employing low paid workers over there. They keep their passports, so they can't leave.The workers are being abused , paid a pittance. Blatter has turned a blind eye to this too. It will be a disaster.

Totally agree. I've been there on a number of occasions and know exactly how the place works.

No brown envelopes here, it's very much in the open.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum