Qatar: Winter World Cup 2022

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Qatar: Winter World Cup 2022

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:13 pm

So, it's official, the Qatar WC 2022 will be played in the winter around November & December. The PL are furious but that doesn't matter.

Piss-take or the correct decision?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Qatar: Winter World Cup 2022

Postby gillie » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:23 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:So, it's official, the Qatar WC 2022 will be played in the winter around November & December. The PL are furious but that doesn't matter.

Piss take from Fifa to award it them initially.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:26 pm

gillie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:So, it's official, the Qatar WC 2022 will be played in the winter around November & December. The PL are furious but that doesn't matter.

My thoughts exactly. The way the FIFA top brass sway the votes with their investment in the minority countries is a fucking joke and why the whole lot of them need hoofing. Tantamount to bribery or cohersion.

Disgraceful decision and it looks like the PL weren't even properly consulted prior to the announcement.

There's our Chrimbo footie down the drain.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:26 pm

gillie wrote:

Complete piss take all round.

Won't just be the Premier League who see their arses about this. It fucks about with every league in europe for several years.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:29 pm

Here's an added question then; IF, this goes through, could it end up with summer football forever ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:30 pm

A total joke decision to give the tournament to Qatar.
I do realise that it can't be held in Europe or South America every time and that it's perhaps "fair" that countries where football is not possible during the summer should also be eligible to host it. But Qatar is minuscule little desert nation with less than 3 million people on no football heritage what so ever. It's a fucking piss-take.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:30 pm

Yes this is fooking nuts, talk / rumour of the final on Xmas eve! Imagine the logistical nightmare alone for fans travelling out there.
75% of the players in the last world cup came from Europe. European clubs / nations are right to be very pissed off with this crap, it is one mother and father of a mess, but then again its all down to money and bribes. Money and bribes won the day.
If ever there was a world cup for any nation not to qualify for, this is the one.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:32 pm

The top countries should get together now, withdraw from FIFA & start planning a summer tournament for that year. Most others will join, problem solved.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:37 pm

There is no turning back on this. Didn't the FIFA bribe clan already sell the TV rights to someone in the US for a lot of money.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Feed The Goat » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:50 pm

sheblue wrote:There is no turning back on this. Didn't the FIFA bribe clan already sell the TV rights to someone in the US for a lot of money.

I thought fox sports paid for the rights but for a summer world cup
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:16 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Here's an added question then; IF, this goes through, could it end up with summer football forever ?

I honestly think that's the long game in all this, i've though this for a long time now.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:22 pm

mr_nool wrote:A total joke decision to give the tournament to Qatar.
I do realise that it can't be held in Europe or South America every time and that it's perhaps "fair" that countries where football is not possible during the summer should also be eligible to host it. But Qatar is minuscule little desert nation with less than 3 million people on no football heritage what so ever. It's a fucking piss-take.

Strangely though, they already have some of the best sporting facilities in the world. Not saying it's not a strange or even wrong decision, (well lets be fair, it wasnt a decision, it was an opportunity for FIFA exco to get rich quick)

Just on the 'bent' topic, I see that Fox have just been awarded the sole broadcasting rights for North America 2026......in a competition where nobody else was allowed to bid for rights. These cunts on the exco really are just lining their pockets before they die, and they almost seem to be doing it in a way that they don't actually care whether people can see it or not.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:41 pm

It isn't going to work end of . Blatter gone way too far become too greedy and powerfull and now faces the consequences of being a bent corrupt cunt . He will probably be behind bars in 3 or 4 years anyway , this Qatar World Cup ain't going to happen , European leagues won't shut down.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:18 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Here's an added question then; IF, this goes through, could it end up with summer football forever ?

I hope so. Much rather be sat at the match in June and July and avoid going in December/January. Not sure how that works in Spain, Italy, Greece etc
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:21 pm

Could it end up with England adapting and having a winter break?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:21 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:

I hope so. Much rather be sat at the match in June and July and avoid going in December/January. Not sure how that works in Spain, Italy, Greece etc

Yeah, and Yaya and Bony could go off to Africa in January without too much bother for us.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby MilnersJaw » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:28 pm

This should be scrapped not because of the heat and time of year but because thousands of people have died building the stadiums. This backward, disgusting country does not deserve to host the game and by the time it is 2022, many more will have died
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby PeterParker » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:31 pm

Wait a minute,

Teams will not just reunite on the 22, they will need al least 3 weeks before the competition for friendlies, training, etc. How the hell can they manage this shit?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:33 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:This should be scrapped not because of the heat and time of year but because thousands of people have died building the stadiums. This backward, disgusting country does not deserve to host the game and by the time it is 2022, many more will have died

FIFA had their chance to insist on certain working conditions as part of the bid.

They didn't, then after it was awarded to them, they made noises about workers conditions, until last year when they said it was not FIFA's business to say how a sovereign state runs their affairs.

As per usual, FIFA waste a golden opportunity to bring some good to the world

And most of the stadia haven't even started to be constructed yet. Don't believe everything the press tell you..........deaths are occurring across all the construction sites of Qatar, and even if 10 a week were to die, one should put it into perspective of the million or so people working on construction sites in qatar at the moment.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:17 am

Loads of big teams will "fail to qualify" and have a lovely xmas with their families, and who can blame them.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum