Lawro and Degenerate predictions versus STOKE

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro and Degenerate predictions versus STOKE

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:30 am

This week Lawro takes on Kelly Smith from Arsenal Ladies. Lawro has got over his brief dizziness and has settled back down this week with his prediction for City.

The statistic that Samir Nasri and Jesus Navas have not managed a league goal for Manchester City this season is amazing, and shows how City have just not scored enough goals from midfield.

Then there is Manchester City's record without Yaya Toure - they have not won any of their six league games without him this campaign.
But Manuel Pellegrini's are struggling in other departments too. Vincent Kompany has been average at the back since he returned from injury at the start of the year, which is a real surprise.

Even so, I think we will see a reaction from the champions here after their poor run of form.
I know they have to go to the Britannia Stadium but it is not longer a place where teams face a bombardment.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2
Kelly's prediction: Manchester City did not play well against Hull and they might struggle a bit against Stoke too. But this is a must-win game for them because of the seven-point gap that Chelsea have opened up and I think they will get the victory they need. 1-2

Merson is on his period this week and is not as generous as Lawro

This might be the final nail for Manchester City’s title hopes. If they draw, it will be nine points to Chelsea, who would have to lose three games and City win all their games. I don’t see that happening.

I don’t think Manuel Pellegrini truly understands lesser opposition. Jesus Navas probably had his best game at City against Chelsea, and then he’s on the bench against Hull. They were lucky against Chelsea, but look through their home games this season and the ones they haven’t won have been mostly against the lesser teams.

PAUL PREDICTS 1-1

I think Mr Merson was watching a completely different game to the rest of the planet
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro and Degenerate predictions versus STOKE

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:49 am

How is this man remaining as a pundit? in all honesty its really hard to see what they (sky) see in him.
In what way were we lucky at Chelsea? Unlucky yes most definitely.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:57 pm

We'll be fine now Lawro is back to 2-0. I blame him for the debacle at the weekend.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:04 pm

That chelsea game comment is just plain silly from Merson

His score prediction for this game though... I think it's nailed on the finish 1-1 tomorrow.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:45 pm

I fear neither wll be correct. Horrible feeling for a defeat tonight
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:40 pm

Merson's been suffering from the same hangover for the last 15 years, poor fella.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Return to The Maine Football forum