So Where Do We Go From Here ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: So Where Do We Go From Here ?

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:53 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:I genuinely wouldn't pick Zabaleta or Kompany for this game, they've been that bad. Fernando Id leave in Mcr.

Manuel wont do this of course, but Id go with

Hart

Sagna
Demichelis
Mangala
Clichy

Milner
Fernandino

Nasri
Lampard
Silva

Aguero

Subs
Willy catchit? (Probably not)
Kompany
Kolarov
Navas
Jovetic
Dzeko
Anyone but Fernando

Zabba has had a mare if anyone needs a rest it is him ,as for his hissy fit when he looked a proper twat on Saturday, with I got this read it OOPS! I would have applauded Kompany if he had twatted him ! Both way of it and deserve the bench.

I completely disagree and think Zaba had every right to give Kompany a bollocking for giving him no cover
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:06 pm

our possession game is worse than arsenal at their precious worst. we never look remotely threatening anymore. anyone remember that draw (or was it a loss?) against villa a few seasons back when we had them imprisoned inside their own 18 all game? we had about 30 shots on goal. THAT was a good use of possession against a parked bus, even if we were unlucky not to find a winner. wtf has happened to our movement in the final third??
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:27 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:our possession game is worse than arsenal at their precious worst. we never look remotely threatening anymore. anyone remember that draw (or was it a loss?) against villa a few seasons back when we had them imprisoned inside their own 18 all game? we had about 30 shots on goal. THAT was a good use of possession against a parked bus, even if we were unlucky not to find a winner. wtf has happened to our movement in the final third??

Negredo going to shit then leaving. Plus too many injuries imo. A lot of things have conspired to interfere with the team this season. But we're not out of it yet (although we might be if we don't beat Stoke).

I'd still setlle for us having to make up this gap, over the last 8-10 games, if we're all fit. If it ends up 10 points over 8-10 games though, we are hoping for a miracle.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:28 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:our possession game is worse than arsenal at their precious worst. we never look remotely threatening anymore. anyone remember that draw (or was it a loss?) against villa a few seasons back when we had them imprisoned inside their own 18 all game? we had about 30 shots on goal. THAT was a good use of possession against a parked bus, even if we were unlucky not to find a winner. wtf has happened to our movement in the final third??

We have taken to playing midfielders with no creativity at moving a parked bus. It is down to team selection.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:39 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Negredo going to shit then leaving. Plus too many injuries imo. A lot of things have conspired to interfere with the team this season. But we're not out of it yet (although we might be if we don't beat Stoke).

I'd still setlle for us having to make up this gap, over the last 8-10 games, if we're all fit. If it ends up 10 points over 8-10 games though, we are hoping for a miracle.

If it ends up 10 points, we may not even be in 2nd spot and will be battling to ensure a top 3 finish rather than be in any title race.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:41 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:

We have taken to playing midfielders with no creativity at moving a parked bus. It is down to team selection.

I saw Silva, on several occasions, receive the ball with nobody behind him, & run toward our goal rather than turn, because he didn't know there was nobody closing him down. He got caught at Chelsea, turning blind. He usually knows exactly what is around him.

Below par.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:49 pm

The problem is that we play each game like the opposition we are facing on the day.

Last season we had OUR style and it didn't matter who we were playing. The best teams rarely deviate from their style and we are deviating on a weekly basis. Overall, the biggest killer for us at the moment is lack of tempo. A high possession, passing game is only effective when that passing is fast.

We need to tear at the oppo from the word go. Frighten them FFS. We are a scary team, playing like a scared team.
Original Dub

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

I saw Silva, on several occasions, receive the ball with nobody behind him, & run toward our goal rather than turn, because he didn't know there was nobody closing him down. He got caught at Chelsea, turning blind. He usually knows exactly what is around him.

Below par.

silva and aguero look like championship players atm....a couple of nice touches here or there but otherwise bang average.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:01 pm

our midfield is no picnic but I think zabba's shit form (and kolorov's for that matter) this season is just as much at fault. without any contribution from the fullbacks our only threat from wide is navas.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:21 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:

our midfield is no picnic but I think zabba's shit form (and kolorov's for that matter) this season is just as much at fault. without any contribution from the fullbacks our only threat from wide is navas.

Yes, I assumed that the plan was for our full backs to provide width. It never happened at all.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:25 pm

Is it down to the lake I fear?
Ay, ay, ay, ah, ah, ah
Ay, ay, ay, ah, ah, ah

they don't write lyrics like that anymore ....

Thank God.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:46 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:I genuinely wouldn't pick Zabaleta or Kompany for this game, they've been that bad. Fernando Id leave in Mcr.

Manuel wont do this of course, but Id go with

Hart

Sagna
Demichelis
Mangala
Clichy

Milner
Fernandino

Nasri
Lampard
Silva

Aguero

Subs
Willy catchit? (Probably not)
Kompany
Kolarov
Navas
Jovetic
Dzeko
Anyone but Fernando

Zabba has had a mare if anyone needs a rest it is him ,as for his hissy fit when he looked a proper twat on Saturday, with I got this read it OOPS! I would have applauded Kompany if he had twatted him ! Both way of it and deserve the bench.

I completely disagree and think Zaba had every right to give Kompany a bollocking for giving him no cover

Kompany has enough on his plate, to be worried about a player misjudging a simple situation so badly, around me East level 2 burst out laughing, on top of the goal it was keystone cops mate.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Where do we go ftom here

Stoke on a wet Wednesday night thats where .hostile
Crowd who will be right up for it .And clueless saying City wounded animal But we are In good form so bring it on . Twat. We had better be up for it . Only good thing is The Away Lads will be up for it . We have great away support .
Come on Citeh
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:05 pm

Where do we go? To simply doing our best not to really fucking up and drop to 3rd or 4th, we are shit right now and I'm sick of seeing our manager be so passive. I want him to fucking go mental at least once if only to show he gives a fuck, the players amble around as though they gave up months ago and we buy a player that pissed off to Africa when we really needed him and now the damage is done as far as winning the title is concerned.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City64 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:45 pm

Will be watching the Stoke game tomorrow night in a bar in Lanzarote . Even though i am on holiday andit is 74 temp and sunny here if we are still shit tomorrow my holiday will be fucking ruined !!!!!

Ps expect some proper rants ! ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:19 pm

We will be fine when we can field Yaya, Nasri and Silva again. But we do need some alternative to them
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:28 pm

City64 wrote:Will be watching the Stoke game tomorrow night in a bar in Lanzarote . Even though i am on holiday andit is 74 temp and sunny here if we are still shit tomorrow my holiday will be fucking ruined !!!!!

You lucky bastard! You can easily get pissed if we fail to win but for us others that would mean awful day at work on Thursday!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby City64 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:31 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
City64 wrote:Will be watching the Stoke game tomorrow night in a bar in Lanzarote . Even though i am on holiday andit is 74 temp and sunny here if we are still shit tomorrow my holiday will be fucking ruined !!!!!

You lucky bastard! You can easily get pissed if we fail to win but for us others that would mean awful day at work on Thursday!

Haha . Weather crap here today , cloudy and not much sun ......... really need the blues to find a performance tonight !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:52 pm

If they lose tonight, I might stay off here for a day or two.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:54 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

If they lose tonight, I might stay off here for a day or two.

If we turn in another performance like last Saturday versus Hull expect this site to be in meltdown !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum