So Where Do We Go From Here ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: So Where Do We Go From Here ?

Postby Sparklehorse » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:53 pm

I would go with the formation 9-1.... give 1 the ball the other 9 form a circle around him an run like fuck until we've over their goal line. Simple really
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:41 pm

Bottom of the league Leicester City up next , then the weekend off because we got outplayed by a championship side and got dumped out of the FA Cup ,

Just sayin .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:53 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:I would go with the formation 9-1.... give 1 the ball the other 9 form a circle around him an run like fuck until we've over their goal line. Simple really

As long as he works his socks off when we haven't got the ball.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:46 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:I would go with the formation 9-1.... give 1 the ball the other 9 form a circle around him an run like fuck until we've over their goal line. Simple really

Steady on old chum.

You'll be in danger of giving BFS and Pulis some exciting new tactical innovations.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby City64 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:39 am

Anyone else sense it was going through the motions football last night ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:34 am

So we are in 2nd with little (IMO) chance of catching Chelsea as I just don't see them dropping the points and us going on a 10 match winning streak. I think that's realistic although of course never say never and all that.

What points count is realistic for us over the next 10 games. Maybe 20 more points which is 6 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats. Sounds about right to me and we do have 5 very winnable games left at home (WBA, WHU, Villa,QPR and Soton.) Winnable but far from easy as 4 of them are fighting for their lives and will park the bus.

But assuming we do get 20 points it will take:

Arsenal to get 24 points to catch us which is 8 wins out of 10
Scum 25 points 8 wins and a draw
Scouse 27 points which is 9 wins.

Never more obvious that it's what we do that matters and no need to worry about the chasers.If we do our job and get the 20 points , which isn't a special run of results,we will be comfortable in the CL spots.Results like last night which wasn't very convincing are what it's all about now.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:43 am

Spot on analysis Doug.

In short, win the home games, win at least 1 of the 5 aways, get draws in 2 others and ffs do not lose at the shit pit.

Where do we go next? Burnley I'd wager.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:15 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:So we are in 2nd with little (IMO) chance of catching Chelsea as I just don't see them dropping the points and us going on a 10 match winning streak. I think that's realistic although of course never say never and all that.

What points count is realistic for us over the next 10 games. Maybe 20 more points which is 6 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats. Sounds about right to me and we do have 5 very winnable games left at home (WBA, WHU, Villa,QPR and Soton.) Winnable but far from easy as 4 of them are fighting for their lives and will park the bus.

But assuming we do get 20 points it will take:

Arsenal to get 24 points to catch us which is 8 wins out of 10
Scum 25 points 8 wins and a draw
Scouse 27 points which is 9 wins.

Quite right DH, especially considering that
Arsenal hve to play - Scouse, Rags and Chelsea as well as relegation threatened teams
Scouse have to play - Arse, Rags, Chelsea...Crystal palace :-) as well as relegation threatened teams
Rags have to play - Spurs, Arse, Rags, Everton, Chelsea and US as well as relegation threatened teams OMG they will drop like a stone surely!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:32 pm

They get paid to play football, & for all the absolutely fucking obvious attempts by the media to destroy the confidence of the club, the truth is that a City team performing at between 60 & 75% is good enough to, & should be favourites to, beat every team we play between now & the end of the season, exept Barca.

A City team playing at 50% or below, which is what we have seen in the first half v Barca, & the last two games, isn't good enough to do that.

Imo, the Champions League is one of our biggest problems; we are shit in it, & it destroys our confidence. If we can get a win either side of that game, without getting the willies again, we are still in the title race imo. But only if the players give 100% & believe we are still in it.

Otherwise it's Mancini all over again. Burnely would have beaten us last night imo & we need to snap out of it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby City64 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:They get paid to play football, & for all the absolutely fucking obvious attempts by the media to destroy the confidence of the club, the truth is that a City team performing at between 60 & 75% is good enough to, & should be favourites to, beat every team we play between now & the end of the season, exept Barca.

A City team playing at 50% or below, which is what we have seen in the first half v Barca, & the last two games, isn't good enough to do that.

Imo, the Champions League is one of our biggest problems; we are shit in it, & it destroys our confidence. If we can get a win either side of that game, without getting the willies again, we are still in the title race imo. But only if the players give 100% & believe we are still in it.

Otherwise it's Mancini all over again. Burnely would have beaten us last night imo & we need to snap out of it.

Well Ted Burnley just beat us , it could be meltdown if we get battered in the Nou Camp in a couple of days time .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:30 am

We get Rid of some big players, who have been amazing phase 2 is over. That is the only option, if we want to become the club the owner wants, sentiment is not part of the culture, we see that at Madrid, we see that at the biggest clubs, we have to get used to it. Failure by all involved this season is a pay off and thanks.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:40 am

Hazy2 wrote:We get Rid of some big players, who have been amazing phase 2 is over. That is the only option, if we want to become the club the owner wants, sentiment is not part of the culture, we see that at Madrid, we see that at the biggest clubs, we have to get used to it. Failure by all involved this season is a pay off and thanks.

Exactly this Hazy ^^^^^^

The owners now need to be ruthless with both the manager and several players just like the likes of Madrid and Barca etc do in order to progress as an elite football club .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:02 pm

that I like
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:03 pm

wasn't that a song title in the 80s
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site