So Where Do We Go From Here ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

So Where Do We Go From Here ?

Postby City64 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:21 pm

Guess most of are feeling really down and pissed off with what we saw today versus Hull City , lots of questions are being asked etc etc . A few weeks ago we were playing without a recocnised striker and hit a great vein of form playing sublime football .......... now our strikers are fit we change the system and we are fucking awfull . results have dipped , very possibly barring a miracle the title has gone , we are out of the FA cup . knocked out and outplayed by a championship side ........... its a mess , we are as a team all over the place conceding soft goals for fun and can hardly create a chance , nevermind score a goal . All this after winning the Title last year playing sublime football and scoring goals for fun . Has Pellegrini lost it ? have we made some bad signings ? did this squad reach its peak last season ? Whatever the reason today finally told us we are way way short of where we were last season .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: So Where Do We Go From Here ?

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:21 pm

Stoke.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:30 pm

Well its clear that we havent defended one title or cup that we have won, not one and that IMO is not acceptable for a club that wants to be up there with the very best. I have no idea what the problem is, is it a mental thing, is it a lack of focus, foot of the pedal?? I don't like to go on about the rags but they knew how to win and keep wining. They won title after title and added cups in with that? I am fuming that we are again giving away a league title that is there for the taking. Some players either need to shape up or ship out. Today was a shambles and the day we let out grip go on the league. Im gutted, lets hope the players are….
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby twosips » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:34 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Stoke.

+1

Let's just see how we react next weekend. Chelsea could draw, we could win and all of a sudden its 5 points and we're all happy again with Yaya and Bony.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:35 pm

I'm going to the pub, experience shows it is the only solution.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:44 pm

I told everyone around me today that their 5 in midfield would outplay our two. I did the same at wembley in the charity shield v arsenal. I was amazed that arsenal were seen as world beaters a couple of weeks ago. The truth is arsenal were made to like like Brazil as were Boro, burnley, Sheff wed, hull etc. Any fuckng moron with half a brain can see that two in midfield are easily outdone by 5. I said in mary Ds before kick off we wud not win when I saw our line up. I'm not being wise after the crime. I was very vocal about this after the charty shield. MP got lucky with Msncini:s players. The more it becomes ha tam the worse it gets. Can't wait to see his useless mindless tactics v Barca. A fellow city fan told me today we were too negative under Msncini. I reminded him of 6-1 at the swamp. 6-1 at norwich and similar at home, 5-1 at Spurs etc etc. the football is as boring ax fuck now. Fucking horrible.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:47 pm

twosips wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Stoke.

+1

Let's just see how we react next weekend. Chelsea could draw, we could win and all of a sudden its 5 points and we're all happy again with Yaya and Bony.

We are not competing with chelsea. The pack are closing in. Good work by Spurs and everton today
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Slim » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:55 pm

I think 4-4-2 is the easiest formation to work out and we've been well and truly found out, especially when we start without a single recognized winger.

We are getting bullied in midfield and the ferns are no yaya. £45m for that pair and not a clue between them, hence why Kompany and MDM were bypassing them so much.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:01 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I told everyone around me today that their 5 in midfield would outplay our two. I did the same at wembley in the charity shield v arsenal. I was amazed that arsenal were seen as world beaters a couple of weeks ago. The truth is arsenal were made to like like Brazil as were Boro, burnley, Sheff wed, hull etc. Any fuckng moron with half a brain can see that two in midfield are easily outdone by 5. I said in mary Ds before kick off we wud not win when I saw our line up. I'm not being wise after the crime. I was very vocal about this after the charty shield. MP got lucky with Msncini:s players. The more it becomes ha tam the worse it gets. Can't wait to see his useless mindless tactics v Barca. A fellow city fan told me today we were too negative under Msncini. I reminded him of 6-1 at the swamp. 6-1 at norwich and similar at home, 5-1 at Spurs etc etc. the football is as boring ax fuck now. Fucking horrible.

It's almost like Mancini's 2nd season never happened.

But it did.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:12 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:I told everyone around me today that their 5 in midfield would outplay our two. I did the same at wembley in the charity shield v arsenal. I was amazed that arsenal were seen as world beaters a couple of weeks ago. The truth is arsenal were made to like like Brazil as were Boro, burnley, Sheff wed, hull etc. Any fuckng moron with half a brain can see that two in midfield are easily outdone by 5. I said in mary Ds before kick off we wud not win when I saw our line up. I'm not being wise after the crime. I was very vocal about this after the charty shield. MP got lucky with Msncini:s players. The more it becomes ha tam the worse it gets. Can't wait to see his useless mindless tactics v Barca. A fellow city fan told me today we were too negative under Msncini. I reminded him of 6-1 at the swamp. 6-1 at norwich and similar at home, 5-1 at Spurs etc etc. the football is as boring ax fuck now. Fucking horrible.

It's almost like Mancini's 2nd season never happened.

But it did.

Spot on.Season fucking over.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:31 pm

Right now I just want to get the 'buzz' back and I want to see the lads give their all. If they do that I can take any result. Today's first 45 was the complete opposite and that's unacceptable.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:41 pm

We get to the end of this month. Get Yaya back and Bony in. Then we see where it goes from there. It's not good. But nothing is lost yet and nothing is won, no matter how we feel about it. Things will still change from week to week. If we can't win it , priority becomes CL automatic qualification. Either way it goes all the way until mid May.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:57 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:We get to the end of this month. Get Yaya back and Bony in. Then we see where it goes from there. It's not good. But nothing is lost yet and nothing is won, no matter how we feel about it. Things will still change from week to week. If we can't win it , priority becomes CL automatic qualification. Either way it goes all the way until mid May.

Agree with this
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:23 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:We get to the end of this month. Get Yaya back and Bony in. Then we see where it goes from there. It's not good. But nothing is lost yet and nothing is won, no matter how we feel about it. Things will still change from week to week. If we can't win it , priority becomes CL automatic qualification. Either way it goes all the way until mid May.

Sadly I think our underperforming squad are using it goes u til may as an excuse for not having started right from September. Time to crack some heads at city as the performances are fucking awful right now.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby sheblue » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:49 am

Get yaya and wilf in, ok great but we're defending like a bunch of blubbering sea lions!
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Sue Perb » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:15 am

1st - get James to sign his contract
2nd - collect copious quantities of James' man juice and IVF as many young women at MCFC we desperately need to start cloning James' work ethic
3rd - rest David, he looks a little frustrated with his own performances and pissed off with being man marked ALL THE TIME
4th - set up some games against Stockport and Alty we need to experience winning again
5th - Lets start with Frank and see if we can get ahead
6th - send Dzeko to see that GB Atheltics psychologist, his body language suggests he couldn't give a f**k
7th - get Fernando to Boots for an eye check
8th - bring Sagna back Zabba looks tired
9th - send MDM to spend a week training with Usain Bolt
10th - oh yeah and bring Toure back, we haven't won a game all season when he's been absent.
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

"Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them."
Sue Perb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:55 am

Poor purchases in the summer, players like kompany totally fucking up week in week out, pelle tactics pretty shite no plan b,
Missing yaya, the two ferns can't play together.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:05 am

I'm concerned that vs Roma and during those fifteen or so unbeaten games we discovered some kind of rhythm and game plan to dominate games. The blueprints of which seemed to have been torn to shreds and replaced by this shit.

We have a really really bad habit of rushing players back in when thier replacements and doing perfectly well without them. This sets us back every fucking year.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby gilford » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:07 am

Yesterday, for the first time in years, I chose not to watch the game.

I knew all week we'd be poor, we just haven't got that "spark" and our desire to win has gone.

I'll get flamed for this but I cannot stop thinking we have a bad egg amongst the camp, this feels too much like Mancini's last season, and I really feel for Pellers having to deal with the situation.

Where do we go from here? I don't think Yaya returning will be the turn around most people think, but I hope I'm wrong!

Wilf will be a breathe of fresh air, if there is a bad egg he won't be privy to it and will want to score goals and contribute, the Barca game will be MASSIVE!

Remember the season Chelski were down and out but won the CL..........?
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby Crossie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:31 am

We can't and wont win things every season. This hardest thing to take about that is the way we allow it to happen. If Chelsea and arsenal beat us hone and away and we came 2nd/3rd it's easier to take because they'd clearly be better than U.S. when we know we should be the best team in the league but aren't, it's infuriating.

Also we bring back unfit players far to quickly time and time again. You can't do that in the EPL.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum