So Where Do We Go From Here ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: So Where Do We Go From Here ?

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:26 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:I haven't given up on this season yet. Maybe I'm just A fool.

No, neither have I. It took us four games to catch up eight points earlier in the season. It can happen again.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:58 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:I haven't given up on this season yet. Maybe I'm just A fool.

No, neither have I. It took us four games to catch up eight points earlier in the season. It can happen again.

Yes it can but we will have to go one one hell of a run, soon, very soon.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:11 am

I dont like the two ferns together particularly against 'weaker' sides, when we need to shift the bus. Neither have enough creativity for this leaving it all to nasri dave, navas etc. I cant understand why jims contract isn't sorted out by now, and I cant understand why in yayas absence he doesn't play central instead of one of the two ferns, especially at home.
so where do we go? start by picking the right team, that might help.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:21 am

sheblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

What like fifteen games unbeaten, we already done that and fucked it all up with a few ridiculous home performances. We need to hope Chelsea seriously cock things up to have a chance.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:56 am

london blue 2 wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

What like fifteen games unbeaten, we already done that and fucked it all up with a few ridiculous home performances. We need to hope Chelsea seriously cock things up to have a chance.

If Chelsea don't fuck up a few times during the run in, it will be pretty much unique I would think.

The problem is whether we fuck up too much to cash in when it happens. Stoke & Liverpool were the two games I had down as the main points losers during the last part of the season. We rarely play well at either, let alone both. I figured, win one lose the other, a random absolute shocker result (which would have been Hull had we lost) maybe one other slight slip. Win all the rest.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:31 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

If Chelsea don't fuck up a few times during the run in, it will be pretty much unique I would think.

The problem is whether we fuck up too much to cash in when it happens. Stoke & Liverpool were the two games I had down as the main points losers during the last part of the season. We rarely play well at either, let alone both. I figured, win one lose the other, a random absolute shocker result (which would have been Hull had we lost) maybe one other slight slip. Win all the rest.

A loos at Stoke and the tools will be slung let alone down. Hull was a disgrace of a performance, add that to the threat Barca will pose, I think our season has wheels off wrote all over it. Idiotic policy on the cups and hard to understand the League form, which has many blues I know thinking the same as me.
Re-build coming. Barca could be the last big game for this squad and a mullering to finish on.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:57 am

You don't tear a squad apart overnight if they happen to have a few bad results.

Look at the Barca team you are so scared of. It's exactly the same bunch that got turned inside out in the Champions League a couple of seasons ago & lost the title, with a couple of new players added. So is Real Madrid. So is Bayern Munich.

You don't see teams torn apart & rebuilt, without several seasons of shite in between, sometimes a decade, sometimes gone for good.

No panic of any kind is needed. Just a gradual evolution.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:57 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
sheblue wrote:

A loos at Stoke and the tools will be slung let alone down. Hull was a disgrace of a performance, add that to the threat Barca will pose, I think our season has wheels off wrote all over it. Idiotic policy on the cups and hard to understand the League form, which has many blues I know thinking the same as me.
Re-build coming. Barca could be the last big game for this squad and a mullering to finish on.

I'm not that foolishly optimistic, as to deny any of that. I do believe we will still be given one more chance. But, as I said before this latest derailing, Chelsea are made of sterner stuff than Liverpool or United. If we keep pressure on them there is the possibility that Maureen could lose the plot, but if we don't take the next chance we are given, I cannot see them repeatedly, offering us more hope. Maureen will become unbearable if they are allowed cruise until May.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Tesl » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:04 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I'm as gutted as the next person with the way that our current, indifferent form (to put it mildly) seems to have finally derailed our season and dashed all our hopes as to what we might have achieved in our defence of the title.

However, at the end of the day, it's all relative :- we're certainly not going through the same problems that Glasgow Rangers are currently having to endure (although we have in the not too distant past), we haven't gone down the same road that Portsmouth travelled fairly recently and, dare I say it, we're not in the position that Leeds United are in at the moment.

We're not fighting against relegation (although we know all too well what that feels like), we have a first class ground, unrivalled youth facilities, a management structure and owners who are second to none and we have great players in our squad, all complemented by an increasingly stable financial base.

There are so many teams and Clubs in a far worse position than ourselves and I'm sure that they'd love to have our 'problems' to contend with.

I'm not ignoring the hard fact that our season seems to be disappointingly fading away but there's always tomorrow and, provided we manage to get our act together for the remainder of this campaign, there's always the prospect of better things in 2015/2016......and we've still got the chance to play a little bit of decent football before May comes around.

In the summer, I'm surmising that we might have a sizeable 'clear-out' with new faces coming in and this ought to provide grounds for a little optimism so, in spite of the way that things seems pretty grim at the moment, I feel it's important to keep some form of perspective.

There's no need for anyone to start slashing their wrists.......at least not just yet, so let's calmly see what transpires.

Well said mate.

we are horrible right now and probably won't beat Stoke either, but we will be back next year and capable of challenging again. Its a great time to be a Man City fan!
Tesl
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:10 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:You don't tear a squad apart overnight if they happen to have a few bad results. Piss poor for a couple of months Ted, chances blown to put our minds at rest on Saturday with a 3PM KO get a run going. Stoke coming up.The lack of confidence shows me they are weak.

Look at the Barca team you are so scared of. It's exactly the same bunch that got turned inside out in the Champions League a couple of seasons ago & lost the title, with a couple of new players added. So is Real Madrid. So is Bayern Munich. They do it every year, do we? Barca will hammer us on current form, don't be silly to think otherwise.

You don't see teams torn apart & rebuilt, without several seasons of shite in between, sometimes a decade, sometimes gone for good. I get that, but we have a group that seems to want the easy life, I also think Simeone would rattle a few cages, is he the answer, not sure but I love his passion and desire something gone missing with us.For me Pep, but the players need some home truths, Saturday was a disgrace that seems to be a tad upsetting when in fact it was hook a few,let them know it fucking matters. It does not look that way sitting in the morgue, which is just as bad. Awful.

Maybe Ted but we are looking like a little panico would help us find some tempo to our slow build up every fucker take a touch and NOTHING ! Pathetic on Saturday and it needs sorting.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:28 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:You don't tear a squad apart overnight if they happen to have a few bad results. Piss poor for a couple of months Ted, chances blown to put our minds at rest on Saturday with a 3PM KO get a run going. Stoke coming up.The lack of confidence shows me they are weak.

Look at the Barca team you are so scared of. It's exactly the same bunch that got turned inside out in the Champions League a couple of seasons ago & lost the title, with a couple of new players added. So is Real Madrid. So is Bayern Munich. They do it every year, do we? Barca will hammer us on current form, don't be silly to think otherwise.

You don't see teams torn apart & rebuilt, without several seasons of shite in between, sometimes a decade, sometimes gone for good. I get that, but we have a group that seems to want the easy life, I also think Simeone would rattle a few cages, is he the answer, not sure but I love his passion and desire something gone missing with us.For me Pep, but the players need some home truths, Saturday was a disgrace that seems to be a tad upsetting when in fact it was hook a few,let them know it fucking matters. It does not look that way sitting in the morgue, which is just as bad. Awful.

Maybe Ted but we are looking like a little panico would help us find some tempo to our slow build up every fucker take a touch and NOTHING ! Pathetic on Saturday and it needs sorting.

Fair enough. We need a boost for ths season. Realistically, if we are going to win the title, Aguero, Bony & maybe Dzeko are all going to have to start banging in goals like fuck. If they do, things will look very different very quickly imo. Otherwise forget it. Bony may be the key. If he fits in straight away.

But I just mean re transfer policy etc. Most of the squad is quality, as I believe the manager is too. If there is a plan involving Pep, or Vieira, then imo we just gradually make a couple of changes per season & I recon quite quickly, within two summer transfer windows (plus if we also use the kids), we could have a squad which combines experience & energy & pretty much has no weak spots. It's not that big a problem imo.

Then if Pep did take over, he may be able to have a proper go at the Champs Lg.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:36 pm

We have created more goal scoring chances than any other team this season , the fault lies with the front guys.(If it wasnt for that fuckign injury that aguero got against fuckign everton then we would be laughing.)
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:40 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:We have created more goal scoring chances than any other team this season , the fault lies with the front guys.(If it wasnt for that fuckign injury that aguero got against fuckign everton then we would be laughing.)

Tbh though, we didn't miss any easy chances v Hull did we ?

We had 73% possession! A full tilt Aguero would possibly have found a brilliant goal from somewhere but the possession is not being turned into chances.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:41 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Fair enough. We need a boost for ths season. Realistically, if we are going to win the title, Aguero, Bony & maybe Dzeko are all going to have to start banging in goals like fuck. If they do, things will look very different very quickly imo. Otherwise forget it. Bony may be the key. If he fits in straight away.

But I just mean re transfer policy etc. Most of the squad is quality, as I believe the manager is too. If there is a plan involving Pep, or Vieira, then imo we just gradually make a couple of changes per season & I recon quite quickly, within two summer transfer windows (plus if we also use the kids), we could have a squad which combines experience & energy & pretty much has no weak spots. It's not that big a problem imo.

Get to Stoke Tedly, the noise and passion makes the quiet zone as my mate refers to Etihad a million mikes away.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:43 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:We have created more goal scoring chances than any other team this season , the fault lies with the front guys.(If it wasnt for that fuckign injury that aguero got against fuckign everton then we would be laughing.)

We had 73% possession! A full tilt Aguero would possibly have found a brilliant goal from somewhere but the possession is not being turned into chances.

Nasri was happy to check back when in the love of god all he had to do was shoot. I have called us out for years on the piss take finish when just take the chance, Silva did it way back V Stoke in the cup final waited to take the piss and chance gone. Wrong attitude that !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:43 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Get to Stoke Tedly, the noise and passion makes the quiet zone as my mate refers to Etihad a million mikes away.

Away games are not on my agenda anymore.

Last time I went there was the Christmas fancy dress game I think. Fantastic atmosphere from blues. Beagrie tore us a new arsehole.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:59 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Eh??? Fucking Nasri missed a dead cert ffs and Kompanys header ..well...you know what I think of him.
We missed other chances and the main fault lies with trying to play the ball into the fucking net from 2 yards.

I blame Pellegrini.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:07 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Eh??? Fucking Nasri missed a dead cert ffs and Kompanys header ..well...you know what I think of him.
We missed other chances and the main fault lies with trying to play the ball into the fucking net from 2 yards.

I blame Pellegrini.

We were doing that well before Pellegrini arrived. He almost solved it last season. It's in the nature of the likes of Silva & Nasri to play that way imo & the rest of the team gets sucked in. We also don't get enough bodies into the box compared to the amount of ball we have; especially the 6 yard box & especially near post. We had that almost right early last season & it slipped away.

What I find odd, is Silva Nasri start shooing, they both score, so they stop. The absolute last thing on their mind is to shoot, & many of our players are like that. Imo, that's the biggest advantage people like Chelsea have over us. We may have as many shots, but we think about it for 5 mins first & the chance has gone.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:24 pm

I genuinely wouldn't pick Zabaleta or Kompany for this game, they've been that bad. Fernando Id leave in Mcr.

Manuel wont do this of course, but Id go with

Hart

Sagna
Demichelis
Mangala
Clichy

Milner
Fernandino

Nasri
Lampard
Silva

Aguero

Subs
Willy catchit? (Probably not)
Kompany
Kolarov
Navas
Jovetic
Dzeko
Anyone but Fernando
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:32 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:I genuinely wouldn't pick Zabaleta or Kompany for this game, they've been that bad. Fernando Id leave in Mcr.

Manuel wont do this of course, but Id go with

Hart

Sagna
Demichelis
Mangala
Clichy

Milner
Fernandino

Nasri
Lampard
Silva

Aguero

Subs
Willy catchit? (Probably not)
Kompany
Kolarov
Navas
Jovetic
Dzeko
Anyone but Fernando

Zabba has had a mare if anyone needs a rest it is him ,as for his hissy fit when he looked a proper twat on Saturday, with I got this read it OOPS! I would have applauded Kompany if he had twatted him ! Both way of it and deserve the bench.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum