***city v tigers official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v tigers official match thread***

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:33 pm

Pogba's been pretty good for Juve but he's in a monopoly league playing alongside some pretty good players.

If he did come here, which he won't, I don't think he's gonna be a Yaya mk II.

Likewise Reus. Just buying players left right and centre isn't an answer. Why the fuck players we've spent tens of millions on turn in turgid shite week in week out is a more holistic perspective.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:38 pm

Usually the gallows humour is reserved for teams who are struggling, like we used to be, who have shit players and little hope.

The fact that our fans are now taking the fucking piss out of their own team, in the middle of a title challenge, because we haven't done so well on corners, rather than creating a fucking roar to drag the team to the title & that's ok, pretty much sums up what we are tuning into, to imo.

If today's game had been played in front of the crowd that followed Joe Royle's team to yhe pkayoffs, with the same attitude & passion, we would have won by a fucking cricket score, & v Boro, Burnley, & almost certainly Arsenal etc as well.

Yes the ground is not as easy to create the atmosphere, but the biggest reason is that our fans are turning into a bunch of spoilt, lazy, imaptient, cynical, half arsed wankers & even the rags are now showing us up for support.

If it's the same when the new stand opens, I'm fucking chucking it.

Sick to fucking death of of it. On here; fair enough. In thd ground; fucking shite.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:40 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Is there any need for 'bottle it' ? If the cunt goes to Real Madrid or someone pays more than we can pay, then so be it. No need for any shit to fall on the club.

I hear what you're saying Ted, but this is one player we just cannot afford to miss out on. We need to pay whatever is required and get it done. We've allowed too many players to slip through our fingers since aguero, ostensibly bc of FFP (in hindsight why did we fucking bother?) or our stubborn refusal to pay agents. Pastore, Sanchez, Cavani, Hazard, di Maria, isco, the list goes on and on.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:44 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Pogba's been pretty good for Juve but he's in a monopoly league playing alongside some pretty good players.

If he did come here, which he won't, I don't think he's gonna be a Yaya mk II.

Likewise Reus. Just buying players left right and centre isn't an answer. Why the fuck players we've spent tens of millions on turn in turgid shite week in week out is a more holistic perspective.

pogba is the real deal and tbh he's too good for Juve and serie a. You can see his class with every touch. Head always up, looking for angles. Movement into space like silva. Fierce shot. Pace and power to spare. I think he can be better than yaya if I'm honest.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:50 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Yeah but actually several of the corners right in front of me, were exactly the kind we have been asking for, delivered into the danger area. Milner fucked up the delivery on one, but basically most were attempts at what we want, so they were taking the piss out of the team trying to fix It.

It's just another example of City fans being shit rather than suporting the team. And we did actually get one spot on, and Vinny, I think it was, missed the header.

So nice work to those 'supporters' for their help.

You could see it like that Ted but it is all about the sense of humour thing whilst at the same time getting a message across. As I recall it in the second half we got a corner( there may have been 2) and Milner took it and did the usual by landing it on the foot of the front man ( I have a feeling Nasri did the same) The fans decided to have a laugh with the corner chanting and I have no doubt all the players, never mind just Joe, heard it.

And behold the next 2 or 3 corners were put roughly where they should be so we could compete for them. Maybe the chants actual got through and the kicks were half decent.The next thing would be for us to get decent movement from better positions in the box so we might actually win some decent headers from corners.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:40 am

Most of the corners 2nd half & possibly 1st half, were an attempt to do what we have been asking. Milner & Nasri may have fucked one up each, but a decent number of corners went inthe right area.

I saw Nasri gesticulating at the crowd, when coming to take a corner, as in 'get behind us'.

I have never seen him do that before & I didn't understand why.

Now I do.

Today for me started with an early trip into town, & has been a really fucking bad day.

I started at the EDS, in that fantastcic new ground, really disappointing turnout imo. Looked at the lads & girls in the standing area, who had made a big effort on the net to encourage other young folk to join them & get something happening to support the team. About fucking 12 turned up. Lstening to the negative know it all cunts sat around me at the EDS game; one for instance picking fucking holes in Brandon Barker's game then criticising the ref when one bloke kicked him in the fucking face, because his head was a bit low & he should have known better. Hardly anybody encouraging the kids when they did something good.

Went to the gates of the academy. asked about the U18s game, the bloke gave me a laminated pass, on the promise of giving him it back, went inside watched 30 mins of the U18s, in that spectacular place. Gave the pass back to the gateman, big smile really nice bloke, turn up & sit with 48k half of which seemed to be only passionate when it came to slagging off their own players. First half there were people randomly chatting shit about what they'd done during the week.

Second half some were shouting whenever one of their own players made a mistake. Gone from completely ignoring the game, to it being life or death. Aguero almost scored later in the game; i almost missed it because 3 fat fucking cunts had decided to leave & were right in front of me.

People walked out, first half, when Hull scored.

Come on here & people are sacking the manager, another kissing Mourinho's arse. People writing off all last season's efforts as fuck all.

None of City's teams that I saw, were at their best. The first team pissed me off, but in the scheme of things, it's fuck all to me.

Today just brought home to me, what an absolutely wonderful thing Sheikh Mansour has done for City; it's fucking utterly amazing. And how there was once a time, when we deserved it.

I felt like I didn't belong anymore.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:07 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Most of the corners 2nd half & possibly 1st half, were an attempt to do what we have been asking. Milner & Nasri may have fucked one up each, but a decent number of corners went inthe right area.

I saw Nasri gesticulating at the crowd, when coming to take a corner, as in 'get behind us'.

Now I do.

Today for me started with an early trip into town, & has been a really fucking bad day.

I started at the EDS, in that fantastcic new ground, really disappointing turnout imo. Looked at the lads & girls in the standing area, who had made a big effort on the net to encourage other young folk to join them & get something happening to support the team. About fucking 12 turned up. Lstening to the negative know it all cunts sat around me at the EDS game; one for instance picking fucking holes in Brandon Barker's game then criticising the ref when one bloke kicked him in the fucking face, because his head was a bit low & he should have known better. Hardly anybody encouraging the kids when they did something good.

Went to the gates of the academy. asked about the U18s game, the bloke gave me a laminated pass, on the promise of giving him it back, went inside watched 30 mins of the U18s, in that spectacular place. Gave the pass back to the gateman, big smile really nice bloke, turn up & sit with 48k half of which seemed to be only passionate when it came to slagging off their own players. First half there were people randomly chatting shit about what they'd done during the week.

Second half some were shouting whenever one of their own players made a mistake. Gone from completely ignoring the game, to it being life or death. Aguero almost scored later in the game; i almost missed it because 3 fat fucking cunts had decided to leave & were right in front of me.

Come on here & people are sacking the manager, another kissing Mourinho's arse. People writing off all last season's efforts as fuck all.

None of City's teams that I saw, were at their best. The first team pissed me off, but in the scheme of things, it's fuck all to me.

Today just brought home to me, what an absolutely wonderful thing Sheikh Mansour has done for City; it's fucking utterly amazing. And how there was once a time, when we deserved it.

Well Im getting pissed...and it feels great.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby twosips » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:13 am

Christ, Ted, you're making me want to give up on football
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Slim » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:07 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Most of the corners 2nd half & possibly 1st half, were an attempt to do what we have been asking. Milner & Nasri may have fucked one up each, but a decent number of corners went inthe right area.

Now I do.

I suggest you play this when reading Ted's post.

Watch on youtube.com
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:21 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Usually the gallows humour is reserved for teams who are struggling, like we used to be, who have shit players and little hope.

The fact that our fans are now taking the fucking piss out of their own team, in the middle of a title challenge, because we haven't done so well on corners, rather than creating a fucking roar to drag the team to the title & that's ok, pretty much sums up what we are tuning into, to imo.

If today's game had been played in front of the crowd that followed Joe Royle's team to yhe pkayoffs, with the same attitude & passion, we would have won by a fucking cricket score, & v Boro, Burnley, & almost certainly Arsenal etc as well.

Yes the ground is not as easy to create the atmosphere, but the biggest reason is that our fans are turning into a bunch of spoilt, lazy, imaptient, cynical, half arsed wankers & even the rags are now showing us up for support.

If it's the same when the new stand opens, I'm fucking chucking it.

Sick to fucking death of of it. On here; fair enough. In thd ground; fucking shite.

What, you don't think were struggling? You don't have to be in a relegation fight to be struggling. Could get a whole lot worse on Wednesday when we go to a ground we have never won at while in the prem. This team needs someone to spark it and very fast because we could be out of every competion by the end of this month.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:24 am

What, you don't think were struggling? You don't have to be in a relegation fight to be struggling. Could get a whole lot worse on Wednesday when we go to a ground we have never won at while in the prem. This team needs someone to spark it and very fast because we could be out of every competion by the end of this month.

I think we'll still be in the PL though, call it a hunch :)
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:26 am

Sister of fu wrote:Over 200 corners taken and no goal scored and not even a dent on the oposistions goal, I think the fans are well within their rights to have a bit of a dig and take the piss. Isn't that what us city's fans are known for, our sense of humour?

I actually got to a point in the second half where I couldn't be arsed standing up to see the corner in front of me. I suppose there was a risk I'd miss a goal, but based on the evidence of this season, unlikely. Sure enough, corner hits first man somewhere around the shins.

As it's Stoke this week, I presume we'll revert back to high balls lifted into the box for Crouch to head, just like the home game. We'd be better off knocking the corner straight out for a throw in
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:37 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:Over 200 corners taken and no goal scored and not even a dent on the oposistions goal, I think the fans are well within their rights to have a bit of a dig and take the piss. Isn't that what us city's fans are known for, our sense of humour?

I actually got to a point in the second half where I couldn't be arsed standing up to see the corner in front of me. I suppose there was a risk I'd miss a goal, but based on the evidence of this season, unlikely. Sure enough, corner hits first man somewhere around the shins.

As it's Stoke this week, I presume we'll revert back to high balls lifted into the box for Crouch to head, just like the home game. We'd be better off knocking the corner straight out for a throw in

Stoke are actually pretty poor at defending set pieces this season so we may stand a chance......then again.
Sister of fu

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:47 pm

Now I do.

Fucking soft cunt, grow some!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Now I do.

Fucking soft cunt, grow some!

Grow some what, fucking ear muffs to shut out the sound of miserable moaning old cunts ?

It's not a fucking job you know. No law says I have to fucking go.

If I'm getting fed up with it & don't feel part of what's going on around me, I'm entitled to fucking say so. If those cunts can moan at the team at the fucking ground, then I can have a fucking go at them on here.

I don't think.our fans are upto much these days at home & I'm losing the spark for being amongst them. It was kind of a duty back when we were shit & they were a bunch of moaning cunts then until they realised it was desperate & they had to support the team. It was the same last season when we played Sunderland. We take the piss out of the scousers, but they almost dragged their team to the title. If we backed ours, we'd win the fucker now but it's easier to moan than support.

That shit should have been left behind fucking years ago. This should be a fucking jolly now at the ground trying to drag the through. Not a fucking misery.

A bit of home support would fix this.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:00 pm

Try an away game Ted the corporate bollocks does not travel.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:15 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Try an away game Ted the corporate bollocks does not travel.

It's not the corporate fans mate. These are old school City fans. Their main passion is moaning. If we're struggling, they're loud. If we're four up they say fuck all. When aguero hit the bar, there were 3 fat cunts in front of me, with their backs to the game, on their way out. I only just saw it.

Don't feel any kinship with these people anymore. Sick of the fucking sight & sound of them

I would rather have some fucking clueless yuppie, who actually cheered a bit.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:26 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

It's not the corporate fans mate. These are old school City fans. Their main passion is moaning. If we're struggling, they're loud. If we're four up they say fuck all. When aguero hit the bar, there were 3 fat cunts in front of me, with their backs to the game, on their way out. I only just saw it.

Don't feel any kinship with these people anymore. Sick of the fucking sight & sound of them

Cant you move to another part of the ground. Yesterday was shite but its always a laugh where we stand in 111.
Sister of fu

Postby Sue Perb » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:29 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

This is exactly the same for me and my family, in our seats too, Ted.

I really don't understand these behaviours in our 'supposed fans' unless they see whinging as a cathartic process, which coincidentally pisses me and my family off! SUPPORT THE TEAM GUYS!

I think we should start a new campaign; "Kick 'Em Out - The Curmudgeons!" - whingeing, grumpy (old?) farts who enjoy dwelling on the negative aspects of the teams performance!

We should have a dedicated text number where we can send seat numbers - the Stewards arrive and publicly chastise and rebuke the miserable misanthropes!
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

"Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them."
Sue Perb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:13 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Cant you move to another part of the ground. Yesterday was shite but its always a laugh where we stand in 111.

If I decide I have to move, I'll probably just not buy a season ticket. I really want to see some of the kids come through is the main thing though, otherwise I'd probably not bother with a season ticket next season. But perhaps the new stand will change things insjde the ground, with people moving around.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum