***city v tigers official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v tigers official match thread***

Postby Sue Perb » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:24 pm

twosips wrote:Fucking hate that our crowd is so shit.

Half reckon that the players actually feel a little anxious playing home games these days. Must be depressing walking out to that many miserable, pissy faces. Away games will feel positively buoyant.

I welcome this point. I sit in front of a couple or three youngish blokes, 30/40s who spend the whole game criticising the players for bad passes, poor judgements and generally disappointing play.

They can't hear you, wouldn't listen to you and for feck sake, at least say something positive occasionally, even if it's only that extension work looks good!

I know fans want to vent their metaphoric spleens but you are why words like, curmudgeonly, misanthropic and 'grumpy ol' men' were defined.

Let's have some encouragement, positive SUPPORTIVE comments. I'm sure the players would respond.

We're called SUPPORTERS for a reason!
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

"Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them."
Sue Perb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:27 pm

Half reckon that the players actually feel a little anxious playing home games these days. Must be depressing walking out to that many miserable, pissy faces. Away games will feel positively buoyant.

At the EDS game today, when Ntcham ran through & shot from the edge of the box & hit the stand, there were groans & a few moans for trying. I applauded. He did EXACTLY what we often complain about NOT doing. When Tosin forced his way past a scouse striker, & swept the ball from him, passed it out, I applauded, hardly any other fucker did. Why? Because we were losing.

In 1967 every cunt would have applauded.

Jovetic came on today. Played a fucking AMAZING pass to Aguero at one point. Hardly a fucking murmur? Why? Because Jovetic was supposed to be shit; we were losing & he wasn't the player they wanted brought on. So muted applause for that, big groans & self satisfied I told you so, when he fucks up.

I feel almost embarrassed applauding a good effort which doesn't make it at the EDS. I feel almost embarrassed applauding a decent cross from Navas which nobody attacked, at the Ethad.

When we were shit. The fans were fucking amazing. Now we are great. The fans are fucking shit. Most are probably the same people.

Perhaps great people. Shit moaning cunts as supporters.

And I don't mean on here, this is the place to moan.

At the ground(s). Shit supporters.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:31 pm

I rarely go these days cos im poor, but when i do i leave the ground feeling fed up.

The few times i try and get a chant going with a supportive COME ON CITY or whatever i'm just surrounded by silence and apathy. People sat around with their arms folded.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby twosips » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:32 pm

I know the exact moment you're referring to with Ntcham and I heard it too. They're fucking kids for crying out loud. We should be encouraging any positive play
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby patrickblue » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:39 pm

twosips wrote:I rarely go these days cos im poor, but when i do i leave the ground feeling fed up.

The few times i try and get a chant going with a supportive COME ON CITY or whatever i'm just surrounded by silence and apathy. People sat around with their arms folded.

Spot on, and it's really bloody depressing
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:42 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Villa will get hammered today, I reckon we will score from a corner.....yeah right!!

I've read 214 and counting.

So that will be 227 now then
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:05 pm

things that I have notice at home games, we play too many passes to each other near the halfway line and its way to slow, navas grow a pair, when you get ball go like hell to the pen box and cross, stop fucking stopping and waiting for other team players to come to you. other players make some space for yourselfs and move up with the ball, a few times this year a player runs with the ball and half of our team are having some bloody tea or coffee in our area when running up the bloody pitch to try and get into some decent area to receive the ball. and this bloody defending WTF is that all about just swinging the boot not looking where the ball will go will and has done us this season as well as today, if we haven't got a player to pass to fucking kick the ball out and regroup.and joe you grow some as well as ur kicking is fucking rubbish most of the time, you wont come out of the 6 yd area to gather the ball.
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:15 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

At the EDS game today, when Ntcham ran through & shot from the edge of the box & hit the stand, there were groans & a few moans for trying. I applauded. He did EXACTLY what we often complain about NOT doing. When Tosin forced his way past a scouse striker, & swept the ball from him, passed it out, I applauded, hardly any other fucker did. Why? Because we were losing.

In 1967 every cunt would have applauded.

Jovetic came on today. Played a fucking AMAZING pass to Aguero at one point. Hardly a fucking murmur? Why? Because Jovetic was supposed to be shit; we were losing & he wasn't the player they wanted brought on. So muted applause for that, big groans & self satisfied I told you so, when he fucks up.

I feel almost embarrassed applauding a good effort which doesn't make it at the EDS. I feel almost embarrassed applauding a decent cross from Navas which nobody attacked, at the Ethad.

When we were shit. The fans were fucking amazing. Now we are great. The fans are fucking shit. Most are probably the same people.

Perhaps great people. Shit moaning cunts as supporters.

And I don't mean on here, this is the place to moan.

At the ground(s). Shit supporters.

Spot on Ted I was at the EDS and like with Barker he is willing to take a chance.
The Jovetic pass was more than some of the lazy twats did the whole game. He is a talent for me and when he goes he will flourish I wish the lad well, he fucks up and keeps going, unlike some who are taking the piss and are lucky they going under the radar and get no stick. Fernando I feel for he is struggling, but has nobody in enough form to help him settle in, taking him off was an easy option when any of the MF could have been hooked.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby simplytolmie » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:24 pm

I feel for the players at the moment. We seem void of any inspiration. Silva seems to be struggling with the weight of all the creative flair on his shoulders. Sergio is clearly not 100% and the team look unbalanced.

I actually think the squad is pretty unbalanced for the formation Pellers wants to play. If he could pick I think he'd sooner have a left sided player like navas with navas on the other wing. We seem to have to shoehorn nasri and silva into the same team and it doesn't work.

I think our real issue lies in central midfield at the moment the formation appears to be 4-2-4 and the weight of the game falls on fernando and Fernandinho and they can't carry that weight....they just aren't top class. Yaya is a loss but I still think we are unbalanced when he plays.

Investment is required and we need to be ruthless with players like nasri, fernando, Fernandinho, Milner, navas, jovetic and dzeko do they fit the team of not move them on and replace them with better players in a similar way that Chelsea are doing.

Pellers can't be the quiet man anymore if we are to dominate (and that's what we all want)) he needs to influence the purchasing or move over for someone else to come in and do it.
simplytolmie
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:27 pm

Juve v Milan is a cracker. Watching pogba and tevez is a joy compared to the dross we are serving up. We need Pogba so badly that I honestly can't wait for summer (we will prob bottle it anyway).
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby twosips » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:40 pm

We won't sign Pogba. I can't see us being allowed to spend upwards of £40m on any player and he'd cost well in excess of that. Sadly.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:48 pm

Is there any need for 'bottle it' ? If the cunt goes to Real Madrid or someone pays more than we can pay, then so be it. No need for any shit to fall on the club.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:14 pm

Right, my turn for rant. Some of this may have been said above but this post is my bully pulpit so here we go.

So many things wrong today that have been symptomatic of more deep lying weaknesses we have; Hull were abysmal, yet fully merited a point - damning but true. Against teams like Hull we can have off days and still should be winning 2-0, fact.

- We are paying the price now for not investing correctly in the squad, by not adding genuine top class over the past 3 seasons. The last top class player we bought was Sergio Aguero in August 2011. Nuff said. We have too many squad players and jobbers

- Manuel has zero plan B, none, zip, nada. His team selection and formation today was completely wrong and it was plainly obvious 25 mins in, but he wasted another 20 mins till half-time to make any changes. That is dereliction of duty. Milner, Navas, Kolarov and Lampard should all have started today. Milners omission today, again, for an inferior player like Fernando is precisely why he wants out.

- Kompany and Zabaleta need sitting down. Vinny is all over the place defensively, full of petulancy and rash challenges, going for balls he shouldn't and providing no stability at all. Zabaleta looks shot to pieces - lead legged and weary, I think we broke him last season added to the WC. He needs a long rest. Fernando needs putting on to the next plane out. He cant pass the ball 5 yards, and looks slower than Rio Ferdinand; in possession Ive seen new stands built quicker than the time it takes him to make a decision what to do with the ball- hes fookin shite

- Navas had arguably his best game last week, and today we are up against a team everyone knew would park the bus, hence width essential; what does Manuel do? Goes 4-4-2 with no width and two strikers who are as out of touch as Dave Whelan ffs.

- The atmosphere in the stadium - its bloody awful. More life in a tramps vest and wouldn't lift a kids team, let alone a floundering prem lge one

- The "New York City" fanfare and half-time stuff. Take a hint - a very large percentage of City fans don't give a fook about that team, its players or any of it. We care about this first XI and the EDS and Youth teams... that's it.

- Major overhaul needed in the summer. Guardiola in for Pellegrini in the ideal world but it wont happen. Please please please - no more squad layers. Either buy class, or don't fookin bother. Caballero, Kolarov, Navas, Fernando and Jovetic can all go. I don't think Ive ever seen a supposed class player like Jovetic, value possession like a used carrier bag; his speciality is giving it away and nearly 2 seasons in we still don't know what he is, or where to play him.

- Our corners... aggghhhhh. Can we please, just for once, beat the first fookin man and actually bring the players we have in the box into play. What the hell do the players do behind closed doors at the CFA? they certainly don't spend any time doing corner routines, that's for sure. Im not sure why we all cheer in anticipation when we win a corner as nothing ever happens from them.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:42 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Right, my turn for rant. Some of this may have been said above but this post is my bully pulpit so here we go.

So many things wrong today that have been symptomatic of more deep lying weaknesses we have; Hull were abysmal, yet fully merited a point - damning but true. Against teams like Hull we can have off days and still should be winning 2-0, fact.

- We are paying the price now for not investing correctly in the squad, by not adding genuine top class over the past 3 seasons. The last top class player we bought was Sergio Aguero in August 2011. Nuff said. We have too many squad players and jobbers

- Manuel has zero plan B, none, zip, nada. His team selection and formation today was completely wrong and it was plainly obvious 25 mins in, but he wasted another 20 mins till half-time to make any changes. That is dereliction of duty. Milner, Navas, Kolarov and Lampard should all have started today. Milners omission today, again, for an inferior player like Fernando is precisely why he wants out.

- Kompany and Zabaleta need sitting down. Vinny is all over the place defensively, full of petulancy and rash challenges, going for balls he shouldn't and providing no stability at all. Zabaleta looks shot to pieces - lead legged and weary, I think we broke him last season added to the WC. He needs a long rest. Fernando needs putting on to the next plane out. He cant pass the ball 5 yards, and looks slower than Rio Ferdinand; in possession Ive seen new stands built quicker than the time it takes him to make a decision what to do with the ball- hes fookin shite

- Navas had arguably his best game last week, and today we are up against a team everyone knew would park the bus, hence width essential; what does Manuel do? Goes 4-4-2 with no width and two strikers who are as out of touch as Dave Whelan ffs.

- The atmosphere in the stadium - its bloody awful. More life in a tramps vest and wouldn't lift a kids team, let alone a floundering prem lge one

- The "New York City" fanfare and half-time stuff. Take a hint - a very large percentage of City fans don't give a fook about that team, its players or any of it. We care about this first XI and the EDS and Youth teams... that's it.

- Major overhaul needed in the summer. Guardiola in for Pellegrini in the ideal world but it wont happen. Please please please - no more squad layers. Either buy class, or don't fookin bother. Caballero, Kolarov, Navas, Fernando and Jovetic can all go. I don't think Ive ever seen a supposed class player like Jovetic, value possession like a used carrier bag; his speciality is giving it away and nearly 2 seasons in we still don't know what he is, or where to play him.

- Our corners... aggghhhhh. Can we please, just for once, beat the first fookin man and actually bring the players we have in the box into play. What the hell do the players do behind closed doors at the CFA? they certainly don't spend any time doing corner routines, that's for sure. Im not sure why we all cheer in anticipation when we win a corner as nothing ever happens from them.

The highlight of the day was the fans in 111 taking the piss out of getting a corner and giving it the big whooooooooooooooo and then nothing. Im sure Joe Hart heard the piss taking and I hope he goes to his team mates and tells them all that its now resorted to us taking the piss out of the shocking set pieces and that it needs sorting ASAP. I have zero hope that it will be sorted on Wednesday though against that bunch of cloggers.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:58 pm

Yeah but actually several of the corners right in front of me, were exactly the kind we have been asking for, delivered into the danger area. Milner fucked up the delivery on one, but basically most were attempts at what we want, so they were taking the piss out of the team trying to fix It.

It's just another example of City fans being shit rather than suporting the team. And we did actually get one spot on, and Vinny, I think it was, missed the header.

So nice work to those 'supporters' for their help.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:15 pm

Over 200 corners taken and no goal scored and not even a dent on the oposistions goal, I think the fans are well within their rights to have a bit of a dig and take the piss. Isn't that what us city's fans are known for, our sense of humour?
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:26 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Villa will get hammered today, I reckon we will score from a corner.....yeah right!!

I've read 214 and counting.

So that will be 227 now then

It's beginning to look like a tactic by the opposition. Give City a corner, we're more likely to score.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:27 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Over 200 corners taken and no goal scored and not even a dent on the oposistions goal, I think the fans are well within their rights to have a bit of a dig and take the piss. Isn't that what us city's fans are known for, our sense of humour?

Some of them having paid £50 for the privilege too. Given how pathetic our corners have been, Id say you are well within rights to take the piss. The corners, just like the clubs last 3 home "performances," have been nothing short of a disgrace.
Last edited by Goaters 103 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:27 pm

Ted, wherever we put the ball we never get a blue head on it first. Shocking.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby PrezIke » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:25 pm

twosips wrote:We won't sign Pogba. I can't see us being allowed to spend upwards of £40m on any player and he'd cost well in excess of that. Sadly.

they do seem to covet some of our players so an exchange of them (jojo + dzeko perhaps) + cash could do make it happen within those limits (although rumours are they want him to go for ronaldo-type money).

but ted is right, if real madrid want him we are fukked regardless.

reus seems more likely at least.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum