***city v tigers official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v tigers official match thread***

Postby Mase » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:59 pm

I'm still getting over yet ANOTHER obvious penalty that was waved away! Piss me off these shite refs.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PrezIke » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:59 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:This is like last season when teams started going to Old Trafford and realized they could win.
Now everybody fancies their chances against us. We've lost at home to Stoke, Hull, Arsenal, Boro, Newcastle and CSKA. That's not to mention the home games we've scraped through such as Sheffield Wednesday.

That's pretty fucking ridiculous tbh.

If they fancied their chances, they would be taking us on. They are parking the bus & hoping to nick a draw because they have seen that teams who take us on, get beat.

We are handing them goals.

may i ask a question then?

i know teams park the bus against us, but why do other top teams seem to find a way to break them down but we quite frequently do not?

is it the manager's tactics? the players?

i feel that a key issue is the injury record of several of our most important players.

whenever we have a good run of games one or two of them go down for 4-6 weeks or so.

certainly hasn't helped that yaya has been gone during this stretch either, but then explain the chelsea performance on the road?

last season we tore many teams a new one at home, and even on the road at times.

now? we can barely find a goal. it's quite maddening.
Last edited by PrezIke on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby roblues » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:00 pm

Mase wrote:I'm still getting over yet ANOTHER obvious penalty that was waved away! Piss me off these shite refs.

It all evens out in the end. One undeserved penalty per game for the rest of the season. Are we still the team that has committed the most fouls in the league, and the team that has been fouled the least?
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:03 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Title gone IMO. Far two many teams that we have to play where we won't get maximum points and Chelsea will not drop many frm here. We have to go to Stoke, Spurs, United, Liverpool, just don't see us getting a lot out of any of those games. Another shambles today. We have no spark anymore, gone from a free flowing team to one that just goes sideways and as predictable as the weather.

I agree otherwise but weather is by far more difficult to predict than how we play.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:03 pm

Lucky point from a game we deserved to lose. Wrong team selection and too slow to bring Navas on for Fernando, should have been done after 30 minutes.

No man of the match again. Lacklustre home performances are costing us this season (Newcastle, CSKA, Boro, Stoke, Burnley, Hull).

It might be nearly too late but I hope to goodness the ‘Welcome Home Yaya’ cake is on order.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:06 pm

roblues wrote:
Mase wrote:I'm still getting over yet ANOTHER obvious penalty that was waved away! Piss me off these shite refs.

It all evens out in the end. One undeserved penalty per game for the rest of the season. Are we still the team that has committed the most fouls in the league, and the team that has been fouled the least?

It's mind boggling how some cunts on here shoot the conversation of bad officiating down, like it has no impact on the table.

We would be on top of the table, several points ahead of chelsea if the refs had have done their jobs correctly this season.

It is that simple.
Original Dub

Postby roblues » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:11 pm

Original Dub wrote:
roblues wrote:

It's mind boggling how some cunts on here shoot the conversation of bad officiating down, like it has no impact on the table.

We would be on top of the table, several points ahead of chelsea if the refs had have done their jobs correctly this season.

It is that simple.

Depends on who is defining them 'doing their jobs correctly'. I agree that to disregard it as coincidence is a little strange considering the number of awful decisions against us this year.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:16 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:This is like last season when teams started going to Old Trafford and realized they could win.
Now everybody fancies their chances against us. We've lost at home to Stoke, Hull, Arsenal, Boro, Newcastle and CSKA. That's not to mention the home games we've scraped through such as Sheffield Wednesday.

That's pretty fucking ridiculous tbh.

If they fancied their chances, they would be taking us on. They are parking the bus & hoping to nick a draw because they have seen that teams who take us on, get beat.

We are handing them goals.

may i ask a question then?

i know teams park the bus against us, but why do other top teams seem to find a way to break them down but we quite frequently do not?

is it the manager's tactics? the players?

i feel that a key issue is the injury record of several of our most important players.

whenever we have a good run of games one or two of them go down for 4-6 weeks or so.

certainly hasn't helped that yaya has been gone during this stretch either, but then explain the chelsea performance on the road?

last season we tore many teams a new one at home, and even on the road at times.

now? we can barely find a goal. it's quite maddening.

Well other teams struggle as well. One or two succeed, usually the best or the most cynical at winning pens. We did break most down last season on the whole though.

Actually on the road, we are the best in the league so far, or at least we were; don't know if Chelsea's win changes it.

My own opinion is that our strengths are also our weakness. The Silva Nasri thing is unstoppable when they get it right but very stoppable when it goes wrong.

Last season we won the title due to signing Negredo & Navas imo ; Fern giving us a bit of pace in midfield. We had been sussed previously & they got us playing a bit differently. We lost it when Negredo went to shit, & Navas was carrying an injury for ages, but we found a 2nd wind later.

We may still do this season of we get past the Stoke game & get Yaya/Bony back.

Bony should offer us a new option but whether it can rescue this season we will have to see.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Sue Perb » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:19 pm

After 52 years following the Blues, I am utterly bereft of explanations as to why we played like we did today?

Have I been missing something these last 4 years? Have we really become a one man team, and was I sleeping while it happened?

Aside the passionate debates about; line ups/ selection and formations, I can't believe we don't have 11 men to beat feckin Hull AT HOME?

What has happened to us?

I don't believe it's because we played the Brazilian twins again or we left Milner (sub) and fat Frank on the bench ?

It's not because we didn't start with Navas or Jovetic, or Vincent's vicarious, veneer performances in defence!

Nothing can explain that performance today, unless Chelsea turned up in disguise, wearing the PL's shittest kit!!!

Please help me?

I missing something aren't I?

I've just had my eyes checked and the optometrist said I had 20/20 vision. Did she miss a blind spot or something?

What happened out there on the pitch today? I honestly can't explain what's happening to my beloved team in front of my (20/20) eyes?

I think I need to find God, 'cause surely he's the only one who can answer my questions?
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

"Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them."
Sue Perb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:28 pm

Sue Perb wrote:After 52 years following the Blues, I am utterly bereft of explanations as to why we played like we did today?

Have I been missing something these last 4 years? Have we really become a one man team, and was I sleeping while it happened?

Aside the passionate debates about; line ups/ selection and formations, I can't believe we don't have 11 men to beat feckin Hull AT HOME?

What has happened to us?

I don't believe it's because we played the Brazilian twins again or we left Milner (sub) and fat Frank on the bench ?

It's not because we didn't start with Navas or Jovetic, or Vincent's vicarious, veneer performances in defence!

Nothing can explain that performance today, unless Chelsea turned up in disguise, wearing the PL's shittest kit!!!

Please help me?

I missing something aren't I?

I've just had my eyes checked and the optometrist said I had 20/20 vision. Did she miss a blind spot or something?

What happened out there on the pitch today? I honestly can't explain what's happening to my beloved team in front of my (20/20) eyes?

I think I need to find God, 'cause surely he's the only one who can answer my questions?

What happened was: our best players let us down again.

The rest all helped, but our best players let us down, again. It's that simple imo. It's their fault.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sue Perb » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:36 pm

OK Ted, but is it because they're fatigued, unmotivated or have they capitulated after last weeks game?

I accept your explanation but I need to understand the reasons WHY?

Our world class player Aguero looked Championship standard today?

Carry on like this for the next few games and we'll be playing for a top 4 place never mind the top spot!

Just heard MP confirm that even if Yaya & Wilfred are back by Tuedsay the WON'T play against Stoke!!!!!!
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

"Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them."
Sue Perb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby twosips » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:44 pm

One thing we probably need to happen is for a new signing to come in and actually make an immediate impact to give the rest of the players a lift. Look what Fernandinho, Navas and Negredo did for us last season. All energy and vigour and it lifted the rest of the team. Silva, Yaya, Aguero and Nasri had new toys to play with and they really fucking enjoyed it.

This year hasn't been quite the same...

As it is Mangala and Fernando have, sadly, been average at best and Caballero has been an absolute joke - and they're defensive players too. It's a pretty common rule of thumb that when you win stuff you should look to freshen up your team to keep people on their toes, and im a firm believer that you should ALWAYS add new attacking options to your front line as it stops you becoming predictable. Do it every year.

We've seemingly failed to do that this year and a lot of players look...well...comfortable i guess. They shouldn't be, but they're human. It's why you need a new injection every year and all we've done this year is tried the exact same things as last year and its not worked. There were brief hints of a new option being displayed with Fat Frank's forays off the bench earlier on this season, but we were never gonna be able to rely on that and i think its coming back to bite us on the arse.

We 100% need minor surgery upfront next season, though to be fair its very possible that might just happen anyway by default. Jovetic will go, Bony will be here and what's to say Lopes or Iheanacho or Barker or Ambrose etc etc couldn't become useful parts of the first team.

We've gone stale - its down to the players largely, yes, but don't let that happen in the first place.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Nick » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:54 pm

fuck off city you bunch of absolute cunts. same old shit, AGAIN
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby ruralblue » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:55 pm

Mase don't worry be happy we would have most likely passed it down into the corner flag so we could try walt it back into the box. Or maybe had Zabba having one of his power shots at it!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:00 pm

Sue Perb wrote:OK Ted, but is it because they're fatigued, unmotivated or have they capitulated after last weeks game?

I accept your explanation but I need to understand the reasons WHY?

Our world class player Aguero looked Championship standard today?

Carry on like this for the next few games and we'll be playing for a top 4 place never mind the top spot!

Just heard MP confirm that even if Yaya & Wilfred are back by Tuedsay the WON'T play against Stoke!!!!!!

Title win, world cup, lack of club legend 'Mr City' to drag them through & crowd full of self entitled miserable old cunts, who don't get involved until it gets desperate, I recon.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:01 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
City64 wrote:As bad as I have seen us play in the last 4 or 5 years , fucking crap !!! Fernando and Dzeko can fuck off , corners , crosses what a fucking joke , abysmal . Pellegrini had all week to sort this , he got it wrong yet again !!! Title gone !!!!

what? how can you criticise him but not aguero if that's based on today's performances?

Dzeko and Aguero CANT play together as a two , Dzeko was piss poor today , Aguero no better until Dzeko was taken off then Aguero found more space hit the bar and actually looked like scoring ffs ! Fact is we were a total fucking mess today against an inept wank Hull City team . Last season we cruised to 2 or 3 nil then took the gas off against sides like today , but we were utter diabolical all round today . I have singled out Fernando and Dzeko because they were abject today ...... the question is does that come down to Pellegrini ? Fernando a bad bad signing ? Dzeko has been there done it wore the TShirt but having a terrible season ? I am lost for words sadly we WERE that bad today , a shadow of how good we used to be !!!! No ifs no buts we were fucking shite !!!! Title gone !!!!! Leaving the Etihad tonight was soul destroying , so many fans saying the same thing ....... WTF is going on ?????
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby twosips » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:02 pm

Fucking hate that our crowd is so shit.

Half reckon that the players actually feel a little anxious playing home games these days. Must be depressing walking out to that many miserable, pissy faces. Away games will feel positively buoyant.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:08 pm

City64 wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
City64 wrote:As bad as I have seen us play in the last 4 or 5 years , fucking crap !!! Fernando and Dzeko can fuck off , corners , crosses what a fucking joke , abysmal . Pellegrini had all week to sort this , he got it wrong yet again !!! Title gone !!!!

what? how can you criticise him but not aguero if that's based on today's performances?

Dzeko and Aguero CANT play together as a two , Dzeko was piss poor today , Aguero no better until Dzeko was taken off then Aguero found more space hit the bar and actually looked like scoring ffs ! Fact is we were a total fucking mess today against an inept wank Hull City team . Last season we cruised to 2 or 3 nil then took the gas off against sides like today , but we were utter diabolical all round today . I have singled out Fernando and Dzeko because they were abject today ...... the question is does that come down to Pellegrini ? Fernando a bad bad signing ? Dzeko has been there done it wore the TShirt but having a terrible season ? I am lost for words sadly we WERE that bad today , a shadow of how good we used to be !!!! No ifs no buts we were fucking shite !!!! Title gone !!!!! Leaving the Etihad tonight was soul destroying , so many fans saying the same thing ....... WTF is going on ?????

Yeah Aguero tried harder when Dzeko went off.

Great.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:12 pm

From players to fans the fun looks to have gone out of it, piss poor from the players and the atmosphere was dreadful. Can see a major clear out coming. Pellers and the players need to get a fucking big mirror, or Barca are gonna run riot, along with every team that wants it, as we look like it is all to much like hard work.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:24 pm

twosips wrote:Fucking hate that our crowd is so shit.

Half reckon that the players actually feel a little anxious playing home games these days. Must be depressing walking out to that many miserable, pissy faces. Away games will feel positively buoyant.

A lot of fans paid fucking £50 for that shit today. We were playing Hull City ffs !!!! We were fucking abject and you come up with some shit like that ???? Fuck off !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum