***city v tigers official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v tigers official match thread***

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:57 pm

Another needless freekick give. Away by Kompany. Shall we stop pretending he's "world class" now?

I think it's time yes.

But, I think it's more important to adress the organization issues. Most, if not all, of our players are looking pap at the mo and it's down to very basic organizational stuff. THe fact that we're not scoring from corners and letting in these stupid goals are connected. We're deffo not getting the basics right and if we can't do that, then we're fucked. Last year we played amazing football but IMO Pelle cannot use that as an excuse to not sort these simple problems that we have. We are not good enough to neglect basic corner taking. We are not good enough to just stroll around for the first half.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby twosips » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:58 pm

A pretty abject display. Seven points behind Chelsea and out of the cup competitions to two lower league teams at home with relatively strong squads and not a single kid blooded. New signings struggling to settle in and some players seemingly regressing.

A few moments aside, all in all it's been pretty poor this year.
Last edited by twosips on Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby feedthegreek » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:59 pm

another lacklustre showing against relegation fodder,only 2 shots where their goalie had something to do, get milner signed up, pass pass pass hardly any shots till the free kick. not good enough dont shoot you dont score.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:would be grrrrrreat if we can hammer the final nail into the elephant man's coffin this afternoon.
match stats:

possession city 75% hull 25%
shots 25 hull 1
on target 14 hull 0
corners 15 hull 0
score 1-1

come on city
fuck these cunts up!

(villa will get at least a draw today - got a feeling in my waters)

match stats not far off....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:00 pm

A pretty abject display. Seven points behind Chelsea and out of the cup competitions to two lower league teams at home with relatively strong squads and not a single kid blooded. New signings struggling to settle in.

It's been pretty poor.

It's such a carbon copy of Mancini's last season. All we need know is some bust ups and the return of Mario. Also more errors from Joe Hart would do nicely.

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:02 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
A pretty abject display. Seven points behind Chelsea and out of the cup competitions to two lower league teams at home with relatively strong squads and not a single kid blooded. New signings struggling to settle in.

It's been pretty poor.

It's such a carbon copy of Mancini's last season. All we need know is some bust ups and the return of Mario. Also more errors from Joe Hart would do nicely.

It feels that way, doesn't it?

I know there are a million excuses to be made with tired players and world cups and injuries etc etc and many are valid, but I guess its a big case of 'so fucking what? deal with it' as other teams have to as well.

It just *feels* stale.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:05 pm

Well, that was shit.

Milner and at a push Clichy and Zabaleta can hold their heads up high and say they did their bit. The rest... nah.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:07 pm

Collective attitude against 'lesser' teams stinks. Wholesale changes needed in summer
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Michigan Blue » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:07 pm

Any semi-organized team can come to the Etihad and get whatever result they want.

This is the most depressing run of performances I can remember since the disastrous 2nd half of Sven's season. And at least we won the Munich derby in that stretch (and could point to Benjani and Sun Jihai in the starting XI...plus Elano at RB).
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:09 pm

It feels that way, doesn't it?

I know there are a million excuses to be made with tired players and world cups and injuries etc etc and many are valid, but I guess its a big case of 'so fucking what? deal with it' as other teams have to as well.

It just *feels* stale.

Yep. And I agree with you about the regressing part but I don't think it's about the players. IMO, it's about the organization of the team and other simple things like communication. The goal today was so fucked up it's ridiculous. Just fucking talk to each other.

At least during the first half of the season we had Sergio and Yaya who hid our incompetence as basic things. Now Yaya is at the ACON and Agüero is not in form. Silva is so poor at the mo I can't believe it's the same player that did all those amazing things last season. It's gotta to be a team thing, we can't be that unlucky that all of our players regress at the same time. I mean of course it could happen but I don't think sp.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:09 pm

Michigan Blue wrote:Any semi-organized team can come to the Etihad and get whatever result they want.

This is the most depressing run of performances I can remember since the disastrous 2nd half of Sven's season. And at least we won the Munich derby in that stretch (and could point to Benjani and Sun Jihai in the starting XI...plus Elano at RB).

It was this bad under Mancini too towards the end or have you blocked that out mentally?
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:11 pm

If we'd started the game as we finished it, we would have won. It's that simple. Part of it is down to Navas not starting hence us having no width. Silva being closed down & lacking imagination. But mostly it's because we were putting a lot more into the game later on & put nothing in to start with.

By the end of the game, most of the team were showing an urgency & desire to score that was completely missing at the start. The goal was also half arsed play from Demichelis.

Dzeko was running faster than Ageuro first half & probably one of the only players giving 100%.

Mourinho cracking up & we do that. One consolation is that we did the same last season v Sunderland & the late goal saved us. But now we go to Stoke.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby branny » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:13 pm

We're pissing this title away with our home form. We played Chelsea off the park twice and yet can't take 3 points off Stoke, Burnley and Hull. Chelsea are not better, we're just being shitter and have for most of the season.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby guv111 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:16 pm

Mancini's second season all over again. What a fucking shambles of a team. How long have we been limping along like this now? A month? Two months? Core players were the problem three seasons ago and they are still the problem.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:16 pm

branny wrote:We're pissing this title away with our home form. We played Chelsea off the park twice and yet can't take 3 points off Stoke, Burnley and Hull. Chelsea are not better, we're just being shitter and have for most of the season.

Big boost for them psychologically this.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:17 pm

This is like last season when teams started going to Old Trafford and realized they could win/get something.
Now everybody fancies their chances against us. We've lost at home to Stoke, Arsenal, Boro, Newcastle and CSKA. That's not to mention the home games we've scraped through such as Sheffield Wednesday.
Last edited by Bridge'srightfoot on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:18 pm

The TV showed our bench just before the second sub during the second half and Brian Kidd was looking in disbelief at Stadler and Waldorf on his right hand side.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby twosips » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:21 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If we'd started the game as we finished it, we would have won. It's that simple. Part of it is down to Navas not starting hence us having no width. Silva being closed down & lacking imagination. But mostly it's because we were putting a lot more into the game later on & put nothing in to start with.

Of course. But that's like saying 'if we had played well, then we would have been better and maybe won'... We all know we can do it but the point is that they're not doing it at the moment, and if they are - well its just in spurts at the end when its all about to go pear-shaped which makes it hugely frustrating. I know we showed we can do it, but why aren't we putting that much effort in from the off and why does it take an impending crisis to bring out urgency in the players?
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:21 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:This is like last season when teams started going to Old Trafford and realized they could win.
Now everybody fancies their chances against us. We've lost at home to Stoke, Hull, Arsenal, Boro, Newcastle and CSKA. That's not to mention the home games we've scraped through such as Sheffield Wednesday.

That's pretty fucking ridiculous tbh.

If they fancied their chances, they would be taking us on. They are parking the bus & hoping to nick a draw because they have seen that teams who take us on, get beat.

We are handing them goals.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:23 pm

Bruce says 'I've seen them given' about the stonewall penalty appeal. To that extent we were robbed. Still it doesn't excuse a poor overall performance.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum