City App for Android Watches

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City App for Android Watches

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:08 pm

I am all for technology, but I cannot see this being a massive hit TBH

City will unveil a new match day app for wearable Android devices at Saturday's game against Hull, becoming the first Football Club in the world to do so.

The launch of the new CityMatchday Wear app comes as the market for wearable devices continues to grow and interest in a range of products increases. Once the app is downloaded on a user’s Android Watch, it will notify users of key match day moments such as team sheet announcements, goal alerts, significant events like penalties and red cards and other select City commentary.

CityMatchday Wear joins a suite of apps across a range of digital platforms which City fans can enjoy leading up to match day and at the game itself.

As part of the launch, four lucky Cityzens have won an Android Watch, allowing them to be amongst the first fans to experience the new app.

Diego Gigliani, Director of Media and Fan Relationship Management at MCFC, said:

“CityMatchday Wear is another example of how we are constantly exploring and adopting new technology with the ultimate goal of improving the fan experience and strengthening fans’ engagement with the Club. We recognise the smart watch market is still in its early stages but its popularity is projected to increase rapidly as new players come into the market. We’re thrilled to get in early and start discovering ways to tap into the devices’ potential.

“With millions of City fans worldwide, many won’t be able to watch all our matches live, whether in the stadium or on TV. For those fans who want to keep up with all the action but are unable to watch the game, having CityMatchday Wear on their Android watches will allow them to go about their busy days while receiving key updates related to our matches as they happen.”

Users who own an Android Watch and an Android phone can download the app on the Google Play store.

Diego Gigliani, Director of Media and Fan Relationship Management!! I like that name.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: City App for Android Watches

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:01 pm

Would be good to get the team sheets through. Other apps can deliver score/card alerts etc. Need to see if I can get it to pass alerts to my Pebble, so downloaded and will try it on Saturday.

Problem with all these football apps is I don't want alerts when I'm sat there watching it. Should be built in functionality to snooze them for 90 minutes, or better disable if connected to WiFi in the ground.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:41 pm

Why would an android need a watch ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby mr_nool » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Why would an android need a watch ?

To tell the time.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:01 pm

mr_nool wrote:

To tell the time.

I thought they usualy have an internal clock ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby zuricity » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:23 pm

you'd need a battery the size of a brick to keep it going all day.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:48 pm

So they know what time to go to bed to dream of electric sheep
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum