Lawro and Degenerate predictions gameweek 21

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro and Degenerate predictions gameweek 21

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:32 am

BBC have wheeled out yet another rag from under a stone for this weeks guest, and Lawro has taken leave of his senses this week!!! He has followed the script for his predictions of all of the other games this weekend sticking to his usual formula, that is until he gets to our game and goes completely nutes!

Premier League predictions: Lawro v punk poet John Cooper Clarke

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.
Lawro's opponent for this weekend's Premier League fixtures is punk poet and BBC 6 Music presenter John Cooper Clarke.
Clarke, who is known as the 'Bard of Salford', grew up supporting his local team Manchester United.

"I used to go and watch the pre-Munich-disaster United team - they were the ones who got me interested in football," he told BBC Sport.
Clarke says he can relate to fans who spontaneously break into song with chants during games, explaining: "The terraces are the last vestige of folk music - even though they are not really terraces any more.
"The way they introduce current themes into what are old tunes is amazing really, and how quickly they catch on around the ground - it is organic."

Man City v Hull
There have been a number of strange results this season, even involving the top two teams in the table, which makes predictions very difficult.
But I do not see a shock happening here. Hull have been all over the place of late.
Hull manager Steve Bruce
Bruce has seen his Hull side lose their last three games to slide into the Premier League relegation zone
Their manager Steve Bruce has had to put up with a succession of injuries, particularly up front. Defensively, though, the Tigers have made too many individual and collective mistakes
I don't think that makes Bruce a bad manager, though, and I just hope Hull's owner Assem Allam does not press the panic button.
Lawro's prediction: 3-0
John's prediction: What I do I make of the way City have changed over recent years? Pass. What can I say? You can't knock success. 4-1

and Merson has also been smoking the whacky stuff

Man City v Hull City (Saturday, 3pm)

Again, this was an easy game to predict. I worry for Hull, I think they'll stay up as they have some good players, but they're low at the moment and I can't see anything other than a Man City win. I really can't.

It's not just a matter of Sergio Aguero getting his shooting boots back on. They all will.

Last week, Hull had some chances but what Ahmed Elmohamady was doing I just do not know. I actually think Hull are worse than Villa at the moment. They've capitulated the last couple of times I've watched them. With Villa, I still think there's something there in the long run.

PAUL PREDICTS: 4-0
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro and Degenerate predictions gameweek 21

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:53 pm

I think City could be in trouble against Hull; Mike Phelan has just been appointed as assistant manager to the Elephant Man.

Although Hull now run the risk of becoming a rest home for failed Scum geriatrics, no doubt Bacon Face's former sidekick will apply his mercurial mind to the problem of how to outwit City.

We could be in for a rough ride.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:43 pm

Settle for any old win to be honest. Plus, any win against the sweating pig that is Bruce, is one to be savoured
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:48 pm

nottsblue wrote:Settle for any old win to be honest. Plus, any win against the sweating pig that is Bruce, is one to be savoured

If we play well we will win , if we play very well we will do the goal difference a power of good because Hull are crap.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:06 pm

Disappointed Lawro didn't go for the 2-0 again, proper spoilt my weekend.

City and Chelsea will both win.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:59 pm

nottsblue wrote:Settle for any old win to be honest. Plus, any win against the sweating pig that is Bruce, is one to be savoured

As per usual, I'm thinking exactly the same as yourself NB.

I just feel we need to try grind out the points and results until our absentees return and the team rediscovers its form for the 'run-in'.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Return to The Maine Football forum