Ed's Agent

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ed's Agent

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:25 pm

Llorente has flopped at Juve, he will be moved on. Pogba in a deal for our two or three Balkans, all been linked to Juve. Ings link ? this jigsaw is a piece of p$%s.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:54 pm

I recon Bony & Iheanacho will be busy next season then , if we get rid of two strikers & sign Ings. Aguero probably missing half the season & a geezer who hasn't averaged more than 1 in 3 in his career so far, even in the Championship, as the alternative.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:06 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I recon Bony & Iheanacho will be busy next season then , if we get rid of two strikers & sign Ings. Aguero probably missing half the season & a geezer who hasn't averaged more than 1 in 3 in his career so far, even in the Championship, as the alternative.

Nail head again Ted ..and people slagging off Rat Boy for saying we havent progressed :-) We should be linked with all the top players in the world and then giving the young ones a try not F- in -Ings .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby blues2win » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:19 pm

Not sure we need to replace Jovetic and Dzeko expensively. We could snap up Ings on a free and play the Nigerian kid as a fourth striker. Then sell Dzeko and Jovetic and we'd be a long way towards finding the resources to buy Pogba and transforming our midfield. Is Ings good enough as a third striker? I honestly don't know but there have been stories linking us to him so it looks like we're having a good look. He's home grown too. I'd be very surprised if we don't go in hard for Pogba in the Summer and we can afford to pay a lot and still stay within any FFP worries by following the strategy above.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:28 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I recon Bony & Iheanacho will be busy next season then , if we get rid of two strikers & sign Ings. Aguero probably missing half the season & a geezer who hasn't averaged more than 1 in 3 in his career so far, even in the Championship, as the alternative.

So we take the pressure off by signing a goal scoring wide player, Reus.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:29 pm

blues2win wrote:Not sure we need to replace Jovetic and Dzeko expensively. We could snap up Ings on a free and play the Nigerian kid as a fourth striker. Then sell Dzeko and Jovetic and we'd be a long way towards finding the resources to buy Pogba and transforming our midfield. Is Ings good enough as a third striker? I honestly don't know but there have been stories linking us to him so it looks like we're having a good look. He's home grown too. I'd be very surprised if we don't go in hard for Pogba in the Summer and we can afford to pay a lot and still stay within any FFP worries by following the strategy above.

If we weaken our side with those moves I will be furious.
Jovetic with the Nigerian kid as a fourth striker, fine.

But to sell Dzeko and replace him with Danny Ings? i'm lost for words.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby twosips » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:41 pm

For Ings see Sinclair. He'd sit on the bench, stagnate and we'd be loaning him out every six months until we finally get rid of him in three or four years. Fuck that.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby City64 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:42 pm

Edin has been absolute shit so far this season , he now needs to step up to the plate just like he did so brilliantly well in last seasons title run in .
Last edited by City64 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby blues2win » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:49 pm

I've not seen enough of Ings to judge whether he's good enough to be third choice striker. Yes Aguero is injury prone although I think Bony could play on his own up front. To be brutally honest let's look at these facts. This season Dzeko 11 appearances and 2 goals. 18 appearances in all competitions and 4 goals including none in all his CL appearances. Ings 20 appearances and 7 goals with a greatly inferior midfield creating far fewer chances no doubt. I do think we are likely to match United for Pogba in the summer and we'll take a hard look at what is needed for FFP purposes and do it. If you look at the Press we appear to be interested in Ings maybe as a replacement for Jovetic as fourth striker admittedly if the Nigerian is put out on loan. All the vibes from the Club though are that they want Iheanachu in the first team squad in which case Ings would only come in to replace Dzeko.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:04 pm

Don't even know where to start with that. As if the last 5 years in football never happened.

Have a look at Dzeko's record & have a look at Ings'.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:10 pm

Dzeko just RT'd something from a Bosnian journalist that was along the lines of "every year they say Dzeko will be sold, or he wants to leave or he's not happy with Pellegrini and yet he's still here"...

He'll probably stay this summer and Jovetic will move on.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:17 pm

twosips wrote:Dzeko just RT'd something from a Bosnian journalist that was along the lines of "every year they say Dzeko will be sold, or he wants to leave or he's not happy with Pellegrini and yet he's still here"...

He'll probably stay this summer and Jovetic will move on.

I'm glad to read that actually. If he's up for it, he makes a difference.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:12 pm

City64 wrote:Edin has been absolute shit so far this season , he now needs to step up to the plate just like he did so brilliantly well in last seasons title run in .

Ted made the point earlier that edin has not had a run since being fit. When is the last time Sergio found the net since recovery? This could be perceived as poor form. It takes time to build form.

For some reason some players (Aguero silva) get time and others aren't allowed it (dzeko kompany).
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:47 pm

He has to start at Hull in hopes of rediscovering form
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby City64 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:45 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
City64 wrote:Edin has been absolute shit so far this season , he now needs to step up to the plate just like he did so brilliantly well in last seasons title run in .

Ted made the point earlier that edin has not had a run since being fit. When is the last time Sergio found the net since recovery? This could be perceived as poor form. It takes time to build form.

For some reason some players (Aguero silva) get time and others aren't allowed it (dzeko kompany).

Edin started the season alongside Sergio , he was wank !

Hull City away apart !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:29 pm

To stick up for Ings, he's only 22, playing for an average side, even at Championship level. His goal scoring record is better at both club and U21 level than Sturridge's was at the same age. Not saying he's what we want or need, but let's be reasonable and if we want 4 strikers, it's unlikely that Benzema and Suarez will sit on the bench waiting for a chance
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:13 pm

Let's not forget that a FIT Edin Dzeko brought us the title last season, when Sergio was not around.

He had a terrible season so far with the injuries, but a fit Dzeko with games behind him is one of the deadliest strikers in the world.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Slim » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:47 pm

PeterParker wrote:Let's not forget that a FIT Edin Dzeko brought us the title last season, when Sergio was not around.

He had a terrible season so far with the injuries, but a fit Dzeko with games behind him is one of the deadliest strikers in the world.

Yes

then

No

He's reliable, he did win us the title but he's nowhere near one of the deadliest strikers around. Benzema, Suarez, Messi, van Persie, Aguero, Zlatan, Lewandowski, Cavani....deadly strikers, Edin is not in that group.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:45 pm

i don't think Benzema or Cavani are in that group either.

Nor Messi, as he's in another group above it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:34 am

Ted Hughes wrote:i don't think Benzema or Cavani are in that group either.

Nor Messi, as he's in another group above it.

The 'even more deadly than deadliest' group?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum