Ed's Agent

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ed's Agent

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Interesting:

The agent of Edin Dzeko says his client would move to a team ‘like Juventus’ if he were to leave Manchester City.

The Bosnian forward has made just six starts for the Citizens in the Premier League this season, and is likely to be cut from the club’s Champions League squad.

Dzeko had been linked with Turkish side Fenerbahce, but his agent says Juventus would be a more appropriate destination.

“We haven’t received any offer from Fenerbahce,” Irfan Radzipegic explained in an interview with Fanatik.

“Last year Roberto Mancini’s Galatasaray asked for him [Dzeko] on loan, but nothing came of it.

“Dzeko is 28-years-old and wants to play for the most prestigious teams in Europe.

“If he were to leave Manchester City he’d prefer a big club like Juventus or Atletico Madrid.”
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: Ed's Agent

Postby blues2win » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:47 pm

See my post on the CL squad thread. Looks like Jovetic is out but I wouldn't be surprised to see both of he and Dzeko leaving in the summer. If Bony and Sergio remain fit for the rest of the season I can't see him getting much game time and he won't be satisfied with a return to the super sub role.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:50 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Interesting:

The agent of Edin Dzeko says his client would move to a team ‘like Juventus’ if he were to leave Manchester City.

The Bosnian forward has made just six starts for the Citizens in the Premier League this season, and is likely to be cut from the club’s Champions League squad.

Dzeko had been linked with Turkish side Fenerbahce, but his agent says Juventus would be a more appropriate destination.

“We haven’t received any offer from Fenerbahce,” Irfan Radzipegic explained in an interview with Fanatik.

“Last year Roberto Mancini’s Galatasaray asked for him [Dzeko] on loan, but nothing came of it.

“Dzeko is 28-years-old and wants to play for the most prestigious teams in Europe.

“If he were to leave Manchester City he’d prefer a big club like Juventus or Atletico Madrid.”

he will be part of a clear out.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:02 pm

Hazy2 wrote:

hopefully all of the balkan spazs/sicknotes will leave this summer...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

hopefully all of the balkan spazs/sicknotes will leave this summer...

That's Possible I thought they were right tough nuts, Alex looks like he has downed tools.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PrezIke » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:19 pm

Dzeko + jovetic exchanged for pogba + cash??
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:20 pm

It's the teams mentioned which I find very interesting.

Why mention those two in particular out of the many possible links ?

I believe those came to mind due to the fact that City talk to them a lot. There are Pogba stories all the time, & Juve have been strongly linked with several of our players. Similarly, Atletico's top dawg was at our game a few weeks ago, we have been linked with several of their players & did the deal for Aguero.

Perhaps we may see City players go to both in the summer & maybe vice versa.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PrezIke » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:23 pm

Koke??
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:26 pm

Hasnt he just signed a new contract?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PrezIke » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:30 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Hasnt he just signed a new contract?

So did suarez as we know of course. Ups his value but doesn't mean he won't be off this summer.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:31 pm

Seems to be the standard thing to do before being transfered out these days. Sign a new deal, club gets bigger fee; in return club agrees to allow transfer but at the time which suits them.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:46 pm

PrezIke wrote:

So did suarez as we know of course. Ups his value but doesn't mean he won't be off this summer.

Ted Hughes wrote:

Seems to be the standard thing to do before being transfered out these days. Sign a new deal, club gets bigger fee; in return club agrees to allow transfer but at the time which suits them.

True. Just strange, we celebrate the signing of a new contract (Silva, Aguero, Nasri etc) but it actually means fuck all.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:56 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Ted Hughes wrote:

True. Just strange, we celebrate the signing of a new contract (Silva, Aguero, Nasri etc) but it actually means fuck all.

It depends on the reasons behind it in each case though surely ?

We wiil have signed up people like Silva & Aguero in order to tie them to the club & restructure for ffp purposes rather than giving them an escape route.

I suspect Yaya's deal may be half & half; to keep him for a couple of seasons then get a good fee for him. People are attributing all the 'I don't know where I'll be next season' talk purely to Yaya, but I recon it's partly down to the fact that City talk to other clubs about his future.

It's how Txiki operates I recon.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:56 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Ted Hughes wrote:

It doesn't mean fuck all.

It means it gives the selling club more power IF they want to sell. If the club don't want to sell, they won't (Aguero, Silva)
So it's always good news when they sign.
Original Dub

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:59 pm

Original Dub wrote:
It doesn't mean fuck all.

It means it gives the selling club more power IF they want to sell. If the club don't want to sell, they won't (Aguero, Silva)
So it's always good news when they sign.

Yeah but in terms of future commitment there's not really "that" much commitment involved if players can sign a five year deal and leave the following summer.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:05 pm

imo dzeko's been a dead man walking since his form dropped off a cliff in sept or oct.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:20 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:imo dzeko's been a dead man walking since his form dropped off a cliff in sept or oct.

My only question re that, would be whether his form was bad due to the injury which has ruled him out for a long time. If you look at Aguero the last few games, we were better without him. If Dzeko was similarly not match fit, that could account for his performances.

If that wasn't the reason, then he was nowhere near the required level; basically just shit.

We will see how he is when he comes back; if he's the same as he was pre injury, we won't see much of him but if he does the business, he could be the difference between winning & losing the title.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby phips » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:54 pm

PrezIke wrote:Dzeko + jovetic exchanged for pogba + cash??

this, except Juve wouldn't be giving us cash. we'd be lucky if Dzeko + Jovetic = Pogba alone.
maybe throw in Kolarov as well.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:02 pm

Losing 3 players would mean replacing 3 players though. To replace those 3 is at least 60 million quid.

If we are willing to spend 70 80 mil on Pogba, then of course one or several of them could be used as an incentive for Juve to sell to us, but that would still mean we have lost two strikers & a left back & need to replace all 3, so however you look at it, Pogba has still cost us 80 million quid.

Yaya as part of the deal would make more sense; then at least we are replacing a midfield player with another one (albeit not the same kind of player).

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PrezIke » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:02 pm

phips wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Dzeko + jovetic exchanged for pogba + cash??

this, except Juve wouldn't be giving us cash. we'd be lucky if Dzeko + Jovetic = Pogba alone.
maybe throw in Kolarov as well.

sorry, i meant we'd give them cash as well.

dzeko + jojo seems worth about 40-50 mil. throw in another 20-25 mil and maybe a deal is possible.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum