Training 5/2/15

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training 5/2/15

Postby dazby » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:40 am

Open message to Douglas Higginbottom.

Hi Doug,

I'm a big fan of your posts. Particularly the ones where you went to training and reported on what you saw.

With regard to that. I assume that the club have frozen you out of the campus? Have you approached the club? Is there a policy in place? What is the situation Douglas?

I appreciate your youth match reports by the way.

Love dazby.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Re: Training 5/2/15

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:51 am

I've just heard that Mr H. has concocted a cunning idea to disguise himself as Manual Pellegrini, in order to gain illicit admittance to the training complex and monitor proceedings from there.

Watch this space for future developments.

In Mr H. we trust.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:24 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I've just heard that Mr H. has concocted a cunning idea to disguise himself as Manual Pellegrini, in order to gain illicit admittance to the training complex and monitor proceedings from there.

Watch this space for future developments.

In Mr H. we trust.

just needs to pour vinegar into his eyes to achieve that look
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:44 am

Not a cat in hells chance they will let Douglas into training they built this campus to train thie kids and keep the press out. Now Doug is far from the press but the club want to control what leaves the confines of the Campus.

That era appears to be over but...........they could offer him the chance to watch the Young Uns train and offer him opportunites such as press open days etc.

Plus it is a piece of this board that will be missed greatly.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:52 pm

Ah yes I remember those fun days.But not a chance of me getting alongside training again and I wouldn't waste my time asking the question. Hell I can't even get in to watch under 18's league games at the moment as they are being played behind closed doors.

The reason they are bcd is a mystery to the fans and good old Supporter Services are unable to give a reason why as nobody will tell them. The CFA is a fantastic layout and not doubt a million times better than Platt Lane and Carrington put together but not for the fans at the moment as we are not be allowed to watch some of the games which previously we would have been.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:28 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Ah yes I remember those fun days.But not a chance of me getting alongside training again and I wouldn't waste my time asking the question. Hell I can't even get in to watch under 18's league games at the moment as they are being played behind closed doors.

The reason they are bcd is a mystery to the fans and good old Supporter Services are unable to give a reason why as nobody will tell them. The CFA is a fantastic layout and not doubt a million times better than Platt Lane and Carrington put together but not for the fans at the moment as we are not be allowed to watch some of the games which previously we would have been.

Seems strange that people can go & watch similar games at ragland but we are not allowed to.

Health & safety rules perhaps ? Not yet allowed to accomodate a significant number of spectators? Would they have toilet facilities for spectators for instance ?

Can't have the great unwashed going for a shit in the main building.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:41 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Ah yes I remember those fun days.But not a chance of me getting alongside training again and I wouldn't waste my time asking the question. Hell I can't even get in to watch under 18's league games at the moment as they are being played behind closed doors.

Just a thought Mr H, but have you thought of using a longer ladder ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:25 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Just a thought Mr H, but have you thought of using a longer ladder ??

Better still, stick him on an IPAF course and then get him one of these bad boys http://www.hireaccessplatforms.co.uk/po ... _hire.html
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:31 pm

With the increased popularity of helicopter drones fitted with cameras I wonder if the club/CFA has any counter measures, other than training indoors?
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:32 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Seems strange that people can go & watch similar games at ragland but we are not allowed to.

Health & safety rules perhaps ? Not yet allowed to accomodate a significant number of spectators? Would they have toilet facilities for spectators for instance ?

Someone did suggest for the Liverpool game the other Saturday, that there was another event on ( CItyzens family day) at the same time and they couldn't handle 2 parallel events. Pathetic but maybe a reason.

That wouldnt have explained the Blackburn game before Xmas. Maybe it's the reason this time as well , if they ever dare say it, that there is an under 21's game at 11.30 and of course the first team at 3pm. A

As I suggest pretty pathetic if they can't handle an under 18's game where there maybe a 100 or so people wanting to watch.How many "staff" would you need on hand to look after that lot.I think they managed at Platt Lane with about 2! They simply haven't got their act together at all.

As at this moment the OS doesn't even say where the 18's game is being played.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:19 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Someone did suggest for the Liverpool game the other Saturday, that there was another event on ( CItyzens family day) at the same time and they couldn't handle 2 parallel events. Pathetic but maybe a reason.

That wouldnt have explained the Blackburn game before Xmas. Maybe it's the reason this time as well , if they ever dare say it, that there is an under 21's game at 11.30 and of course the first team at 3pm. A

As I suggest pretty pathetic if they can't handle an under 18's game where there maybe a 100 or so people wanting to watch.How many "staff" would you need on hand to look after that lot.I think they managed at Platt Lane with about 2! They simply haven't got their act together at all.

As at this moment the OS doesn't even say where the 18's game is being played.

Do they actually have public bogs though Doug ?

It could that simple. If you have an outdoor event with a crowd of people attending, they have to go for a piss somewhere. If the only nearby toilets are in the main building, they would have to give everyone access to the main building. Doubt they will want that.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:52 pm

Considering how the club was fuct over by the press with sensational stories based around training ground pictures - Adebayor, Balotelli multiple times, Kompany's injury pre-Liverpool last season to name a few - Im delighted that nobody sees anything now.

The new system works - case in point was Nasri's injury which no-one had a peep of until Pellegrini announced it the day before the Arsenal game at his press conf. That's how it should be. The press and public should see what the club wants them to see and that way we can get control back over some of the bollocks that's reported on our club.

Im sorry for Doug but for first team affairs, and indeed anything the club wants to keep in house, the public and press shouldn't be anywhere near the insides of our facility. The club can do open training when they like - see Dec 23rd last year - and special events but otherwise I don't think we have much business being able to watch the first team train, or come and go.

Exactly how many pictures and reports from training do the press get at Arsenal, Chelsea, Bayern, Barca, Real etc?
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:06 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Considering how the club was fuct over by the press with sensational stories based around training ground pictures - Adebayor, Balotelli multiple times, Kompany's injury pre-Liverpool last season to name a few - Im delighted that nobody sees anything now.

The new system works - case in point was Nasri's injury which no-one had a peep of until Pellegrini announced it the day before the Arsenal game at his press conf. That's how it should be. The press and public should see what the club wants them to see and that way we can get control back over some of the bollocks that's reported on our club.

Im sorry for Doug but for first team affairs, and indeed anything the club wants to keep in house, the public and press shouldn't be anywhere near the insides of our facility. The club can do open training when they like - see Dec 23rd last year - and special events but otherwise I don't think we have much business being able to watch the first team train, or come and go.

Exactly how many pictures and reports from training do the press get at Arsenal, Chelsea, Bayern, Barca, Real etc?

That's fair enough but locking us out of academy games is a different matter.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Considering how the club was fuct over by the press with sensational stories based around training ground pictures - Adebayor, Balotelli multiple times, Kompany's injury pre-Liverpool last season to name a few - Im delighted that nobody sees anything now.

That one I would agree on Ted, with the only exception being if a player is coming back from a serious injury and the clubs wants him to have a behind closed doors workout. Otherwise Academy/EDS games should be open viewing.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:26 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

That one I would agree on Ted, with the only exception being if a player is coming back from a serious injury and the clubs wants him to have a behind closed doors workout. Otherwise Academy/EDS games should be open viewing.

Not interested in the training issue, that boat well and truly sailed. But the academy games etc is a nonsense.There are some fans who virtually watch all games home and away and it's really since the CFA was opened up that they have had to miss a few games.

I do expect to hear soon what the reasons are for the bcd issue.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:31 pm

Surely the families of the players watch. Or do they have club nappies?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:46 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Surely the families of the players watch. Or do they have club nappies?

They may be allowed to use the main building.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:19 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Surely the families of the players watch. Or do they have club nappies?

I think they do although for the first one bcd I was told not even family but I expect that was sorted. Somebody on BMoon after the Liverpool game did say all you had to do was go to reception and say whether you were family, a scout or a fan and you got an appropriate pass. I think he was talking through his rear end.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:35 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

I think they do although for the first one bcd I was told not even family but I expect that was sorted. Somebody on BMoon after the Liverpool game did say all you had to do was go to reception and say whether you were family, a scout or a fan and you got an appropriate pass. I think he was talking through his rear end.

on BM, surely not :-)
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby dazby » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:51 pm

Perhaps with the u18s they want the kids to play with more freedom and try more things. If there's a crowd and a player tries something and fails, a collective groan would make that player less likely to try again.

Just a thought.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum