EDS v Liverpool on Saturday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS v Liverpool on Saturday

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:58 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:It looks like a choice between Boyata and Denayer next season because MDM is getting year I believe. Denayer ought to get the nod but in that case he's got to be given a chance to play especially in the domestic cups.

Yeah, we have to make that decision with his future in mind. If he plays the season at City, he has to play a decent number of games.

I would have thought right back would be a piece of piss for him though tbh, & def mid, so he could get games in more than one position.

But he must play if we bring him back. Otherwise loan him out again.

Denayer before Boyata I would say.

While it won't happen I would like to see a season of transition next season. Buy a couple of serious players (Pogba) but also include some of the young guns like Denayer, Angelino, Lopes, Ambrose, Barker maybe and see how it all goes. Crazy thinking!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:03 pm

The ref on Saturday was very lenient, he could have easily have given 3 yellow cards in the first 5 mins as some of the tackles were very ugly indeed. Is it usually this lenient at the EDS level?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:37 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:It looks like a choice between Boyata and Denayer next season because MDM is getting year I believe. Denayer ought to get the nod but in that case he's got to be given a chance to play especially in the domestic cups.

Yeah, we have to make that decision with his future in mind. If he plays the season at City, he has to play a decent number of games.

I would have thought right back would be a piece of piss for him though tbh, & def mid, so he could get games in more than one position.

But he must play if we bring him back. Otherwise loan him out again.

Denayer before Boyata I would say.

While it won't happen I would like to see a season of transition next season. Buy a couple of serious players (Pogba) but also include some of the young guns like Denayer, Angelino, Lopes, Ambrose, Barker maybe and see how it all goes. Crazy thinking!

I agree 100%, i would love, it & I think that's what should happen but it won't (& 90% of fans would whinge like fuck if it did). I think we will see some positive movement in that area though.

Wonderwall wrote:The ref on Saturday was very lenient, he could have easily have given 3 yellow cards in the first 5 mins as some of the tackles were very ugly indeed. Is it usually this lenient at the EDS level?

I would say the refs are, on the whole, more keen not to give the Premier League slight contact type fouls, but this one let Liverpool get away with about 4 or 5 really cynical prof fouls early doors & it had an effect on the game.

It was Liverpool though.

Did you hear their bench all give that horrible high pitched whining scream that we hear at Anfield, when they were trying to claim a handball near the the end btw ? It was a nothing incident but they all screamed out a the top of their voices. Organised cheating. A few mins later, they win with a pen. Was the ref 100% sure ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:26 pm

I had great view of the pen he banged his own heals together and screamed.....PEN, to a ref, who should no better.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:10 am

Hazy2 wrote:I had great view of the pen he banged his own heals together and screamed.....PEN, to a ref, who should no better.

That doesn't surprise me.

I thought Liverpool played very well as a team, hard working, well organised, one of the best we've faced but it was obvious that they had been drilled to get a result & it began by trying to hurt some of our creative players(especially by the big lads at the back) & finished with, what I believe to be an orchestrated plan to win a penalty.

All of the rags' teams have a similar mentality from what I've seen. They played Liverpool yesterday (that should have read Chelsea), & had Ashley Young & Rafael in the team. They probably had a look at Chelsea v Ciy & decided therey have some big (older ?) lads & would struggle to beat them, so stick a couple of first teamers in the weak positions & see if they can get a win.

Because the main thing, is getting to the top of the league/bragging rights.

Many years of this, throughout the leagues, is imo why England produce a bunch of talentless headless fuckig chickens who are quick, often big, & work hard (until they become famous). Organise them, win a trophy or two, boost your rep as a coaching team, pack them all of to Grimsby when they're old enough, apart from the quickest kid who scores a few goals; he can play for England.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum