EDS v Liverpool on Saturday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

EDS v Liverpool on Saturday

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:15 pm

Ticket criteria here

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and- ... et-details

U21 Barclays Premier League - Ticket Information

MCFC EDS v Liverpool FC

Saturday 7 February

Kick-off – 11.30am

Tickets for this game are priced from:

Free for Seasoncard holders*

£3 Adult

£1 Concession – Junior (Under 16) and Over 65s

*Seasoncard holders must claim a ticket in order to attend this event.

Tickets will be available online at www.mcfc.co.uk/tickets, and to personal callers at the Ticket Office above the City Store at the Etihad Stadium.

All supporters can purchase 6 tickets under one supporter number.

*No booking fee payable on tickets purchased online.

Supporters are reminded that seating is unreserved for this fixture.

Disabled supporters are unable to purchase tickets online, find out how to buy here.

Fans will also be rewarded with 100 Cityzens points for attending the game, which will be activated within 24 hours after entry to the Academy Stadium, to thank you for your loyal support of City’s future stars.

Official Match Ticket

Entry to the Stadium will be granted on the presentation of a valid ticket purchased from the Club. Find out about the Club’s policy on unofficial tickets here.

Seasoncard holders and Cityzens members who purchase this match are advised their Seasoncard or Cityzens card will be activated. Please refer to your confirmation email for your seat details and location.

Twosips and Doug, you will need to get your tickets sorted.
The match will finish around 1.15pm so you have time to get the seasoncard back to its owner if they are not going, I am going with my lad, so unfortunately I wont be able to help with this one.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: EDS v Liverpool on Saturday

Postby twosips » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:20 pm

I think it's £3 for general sale if ive read that right? It was on Monday night anyway.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby twosips » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:25 pm

Yep ^

Just bought two via the website on general sale.

I hope the crowd's good for this. No reason for most of the regulars on here not to be down.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:26 pm

twosips wrote:Yep ^

Just bought two via the website on general sale.

I hope the crowd's good for this. No reason for most of the regulars on here not to be down.

I think it should be a sellout, it finishes 90 mins before most people go into the stadium, so no reason why not.
Wonderwall

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:26 pm

Ah so they've started charging then.

I wondered why they were being so keen about tickets.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:27 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Ah so they've started charging then.

free for SC holders Ted, you can claim via the online ticket site
Wonderwall

Postby twosips » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:29 pm

Ha. For what its worth, i don't really care about £3 and as WW said its gonna be free for the vast majority. I'm sure i could have found someone to get me one via seasoncard but the academy team are worth £3 in my opinion so i'm not too fussed.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:30 pm

It won't let me claim mine. Not sure if the webpage is dodgy or if they've sold out.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:34 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Ah so they've started charging then.

free for SC holders Ted, you can claim via the online ticket site

Yeah, I know cheers, but I was wondering why they made you go through the process, rather than just turning up & walking in & they shut the doors if it's full. Seems it's because they intended to charge people.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:47 pm

Still no news about the 18's game on Saturday which is supposed to kick off at 1pm.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:48 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Still no news about the 18's game on Saturday which is supposed to kick off at 1pm.

Still says TBC for the venue

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Fixtures/Academy/ ... 7-February
Wonderwall

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:51 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Still no news about the 18's game on Saturday which is supposed to kick off at 1pm.

Still says TBC for the venue

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Fixtures/Academy/ ... 7-February

I get the feeling they are desperate to say nothing at all and hope nobody will try to get along to watch it. Shame that the great move to the CFA has meant games cannot be seen that previously had a good hard core of following.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:23 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:It won't let me claim mine. Not sure if the webpage is dodgy or if they've sold out.

Just claimed mine OK so it was probably just the website
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby twosips » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:28 am

Properly excited for this. The band who rehearse next to mine - their singer is in a pretty decent band from Manchester called Bipolar Sunshine and his brother is Ashley Smith-Brown from the academy, who is yet another that has a huge chance. Hopefully he'll get on at the weekend as he's been injured recently apparently. Either way I was chatting about this game with him tonight and it's got me pretty up for it.

Anyone tried the standing section yet? Probably gonna sit near the bench and Paddy V again.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:54 am

mcfc1632 wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:It won't let me claim mine. Not sure if the webpage is dodgy or if they've sold out.

Just claimed mine OK so it was probably just the website

Got mine now as well.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:30 am

twosips wrote:Properly excited for this. The band who rehearse next to mine - their singer is in a pretty decent band from Manchester called Bipolar Sunshine and his brother is Ashley Smith-Brown from the academy, who is yet another that has a huge chance. Hopefully he'll get on at the weekend as he's been injured recently apparently. Either way I was chatting about this game with him tonight and it's got me pretty up for it.

Anyone tried the standing section yet? Probably gonna sit near the bench and Paddy V again.

Do you think they will open the west stand like the did v Schalke? I am sure Ash will be involved if he is fit.With the 18's playing straight after they will need all the fit players involved I expect.Good player Ash.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby twosips » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:35 am

I hope they do. I guess it comes down to ticket sales really doesn't it? I'm expecting less than the Schalke game but still hopefully much more than Monday night.

Ah its nice being able to discuss this here, seeing as we're not allowed to on Blue-fucking-moon anymore.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:43 am

Perhaps if one was to find the right spot in one of the stands at the minihad, it would be possible, with a pair of binoculars, to watch the U18s game ?

Or perhaps a steward would throw everyone out.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:11 pm

here is the EDS v Liverpool preview from the OS

City Elite Development Squad kick off a mouthwatering double header in East Manchester on Saturday morning.

Patrick Vieira’s side will be hoping to shake off their narrow defeat to Leicester last time out when they entertain Liverpool at the Academy Stadium at 11.30am, just before the first-team take on Hull at the Etihad at 3pm.

It’s a feast of football for supporters to take in and those present at the grand opening of the stadium a fortnight ago will know just what a treat there is in store.

City beat Schalke 5-1 on that occasion in front of a sold out Academy Stadium and Vieira will be hoping that his players enjoy the same support for this crucial U21 Premier League encounter against a talented Liverpool outfit.

Currently lying in fifth place in a tight league table, the home side are aware that victory over the Merseysiders could propel them back to within a point of the summit.

Liverpool have two games in hand on most of the division and are second bottom in the standings but they gave City an almighty scare in one of the games of the season so far in September.

Back in October, Thierry Ambrose and Sinan Bytyqi put the Blues into a commanding lead with goals in the opening seven minutes but they were pegged back with two goals straight after half-time.

However, Vieira’s side recovered and strikes from Mathias Bossaerts and Jordy Hiwula ensured a memorable 4-3 victory at LFC Academy.

Last time out, City were beaten 3-2 by Leicester at the Academy Stadium on Monday night, while Liverpool went down 2-1 to Manchester United at the end of January.

We’ll have live Twitter updates on the official account, as well as a match report and highlights here on mcfc.co.uk.
Wonderwall

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:14 pm

So we have the Liverpool u 21 game at 11.30 and now it has just been confirmed the under 18's game v Middlesboro is on at 1pm at the CFA and a limited number of tickets are available. Could be a fun day with 3 matches in a row even though the 21's and 18's games run into each other.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum