Who Gets The Chop ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Who Gets The Chop ?

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:21 am

Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:25 am

disregard...... they have just put up the group phase squad, they have put an annotation at the bottom of the site.... bar stewards
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:54 am

Wonderwall wrote:

disregard...... they have just put up the group phase squad, they have put an annotation at the bottom of the site.... bar stewards

Just save the thread a zillion posts !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:18 am

It has to be dzeko.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:23 am

I thought you were reading the diagnosis from your last annual check up for a moment.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:25 am

Interesting that the fans' poll on the Evg News site has Dzeko as the preferred choppee at 33%, followed by Willy @ 22%, Kolarov 15%, Sagna/Jovetic 12%.

1 in 3 would prefer Edin to get the chop. In a way it makes sense as he has rarely played this season & his scoring record so far is crap, but as said, with the injury record of Aguero & Jovetic & also the potential sulk value of Ed, it is possibly a bit dangerous.

I doubt we would particularly miss him if we did drop him, as he's probably unlikely to play that much in the Champs League if we survive, (unless everyone gets injured) but he has a proven record in the Prem, & if he chucks his toys out, we really could miss him there, for the run in.

I'd still go for Kolarov, even though he could suddenly become a threat with Bony in the team.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:31 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

I thought you were reading the diagnosis from your last annual check up for a moment.

Cheers

Titter

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:39 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Interesting that the fans' poll on the Evg News site has Dzeko as the preferred choppee at 33%, followed by Willy @ 22%, Kolarov 15%, Sagna/Jovetic 12%.

1 in 3 would prefer Edin to get the chop. In a way it makes sense as he has rarely played this season & his scoring record so far is crap, but as said, with the injury record of Aguero & Jovetic & also the potential sulk value of Ed, it is possibly a bit dangerous.

I doubt we would particularly miss him if we did drop him, as he's probably unlikely to play that much in the Champs League if we survive, (unless everyone gets injured) but he has a proven record in the Prem, & if he chucks his toys out, we really could miss him there, for the run in.

I'd still go for Kolarov, even though he could suddenly become a threat with Bony in the team.

If Ed throws his rattler out of the pram, Bony will be there for the rest of the season and the run in anyway.
Kolarov can cross the ball, come in and make an impact on the left, Bony would benefit from that.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:44 am

We never cross the ball and we should v Barca. Kolarov, not getting many games and looks like he wants out.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:45 am

sheblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Interesting that the fans' poll on the Evg News site has Dzeko as the preferred choppee at 33%, followed by Willy @ 22%, Kolarov 15%, Sagna/Jovetic 12%.

If Ed throws his rattler out of the pram, Bony will be there for the rest of the season and the run in anyway.
Kolarov can cross the ball, come in and make an impact on the left, Bony would benefit from that.

Probably true on both counts, but if Bony then struggles & Jovetic/Aguero do their typical disappearing act, we're fucked.

Also, Kolarov crossing means him playing ahead of Clichy, which in itself is fraught with danger at the other end (although Clichy has also turned in some stinkers in the Champ's Lg). But I wonder what the stats are for losing games, in all competitions, when Kolarov plays.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby phips » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:18 pm

it should be Jovetic
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby World Toure » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:44 pm

I'd rather us go in with all 4 strikers and leave someone like kolarov out.
World Toure
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:22 pm

phips wrote:it should be Jovetic

Stevan, you know how your introduction was integral in our win over Munich, you know how your contribution directly led to Sergio scoring those two goals that won the game and how you also made the goal that sealed the deal against Roma that helped get us through to the knockout stages?

Yeah, well we really appreciate that but you're out.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:11 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Stevan, you know how your introduction was integral in our win over Munich, you know how your contribution directly led to Sergio scoring those two goals that won the game and how you also made the goal that sealed the deal against Roma that helped get us through to the knockout stages?

Haha.

Nice.

Some cunts have no memories
Original Dub

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Haha.

Nice.

Match fit Against easing his way back, plus Bony God forbid does not get injured.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:05 pm

Hazy2 wrote:We never cross the ball and we should v Barca. Kolarov, not getting many games and looks like he wants out.

Or just coming back from injury.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:We never cross the ball and we should v Barca. Kolarov, not getting many games and looks like he wants out.

Or just coming back from injury.

Yep sick note.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:00 pm

Too much thought is going into this. Last one out of the shower after the Chelsea game was not in the squad.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:22 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Too much thought is going into this. Last one out of the shower after the Chelsea game was not in the squad.

Jovetic then. Not really fair though, as he had to take extra photos for his Instagram account.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:27 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Haha.

Nice.

How many CL games have we had in which he was injured and unavailable?

21 players on the list, not 25, we don't have the room to carry sicknotes, we sure as hell don't have the room to carry two sicknote strikers. So go on, explain to Aguero how you're leaving him out.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum