How to recognise long standing and loyal supporters

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: How to recognise long standing and loyal supporters

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:53 pm

Couldn't we just reward fans who stay until the end of the game early? Mainly by not cutting them down with machine gun fire which would cross the exits until the final whistle.

As for long term fans, we've had our reward when Yaya scored the goals at Wembley, or when Aguero tapped that one in, or when Gerrard slipped. I don't want anything else, I'm just happy with the memories rather than dreaming of a semi-final but never believing it could happen.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:32 pm

Couple of suggestions.

Each season ticket holder to have their name on their own seat. Make you feel like you own a little bit of the club.

Each season ticket holder to be entered into a prize draw weekly. Winners get a free pass next game to have access all areas tour of facilities including academy and seats in directors suite.

Proper pricing of season tickets and prices on the door so as not to discourage the casual fan.

On 25th anniversary on having season ticket, get that years ticket free. Someone who has paid their dues deserves that imo. Maybe also have their names in the match day programme giving a tangible memento.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:13 pm

If they are going to persist with gold/platinum how about automatic platinum for those who have had a ticket for more than n years?
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:58 am

I think that by treating all fans fairly, without contempt and regarding us as people rather than a $ sign, we all get our recognition of being part of a fantastic club that we can all be proud of.

Recognition of long standing fans is just another example of segmentation of the fan base that's been going on for a while now, whereby the club seem to be actively trying to over complicate the experience of buying a ticket, going to a game or even using the website.

Back to basics for me rather than further segmentation. I don't need smoke blowing up my arse for having had a ST for x number of years, there are far more who give up more than I do to follow the club, so any segmentation approach will fail to recognise those whose financial situation would exclude them from being considered 'longstanding' fans, which is a pretty rotten trick in my eyes given that I can afford my support easily whilst some have to go to war with their wives to afford a single ticket once a year!
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:20 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:I think that by treating all fans fairly, without contempt and regarding us as people rather than a $ sign, we all get our recognition of being part of a fantastic club that we can all be proud of.

Recognition of long standing fans is just another example of segmentation of the fan base that's been going on for a while now, whereby the club seem to be actively trying to over complicate the experience of buying a ticket, going to a game or even using the website.

Back to basics for me rather than further segmentation. I don't need smoke blowing up my arse for having had a ST for x number of years, there are far more who give up more than I do to follow the club, so any segmentation approach will fail to recognise those whose financial situation would exclude them from being considered 'longstanding' fans, which is a pretty rotten trick in my eyes given that I can afford my support easily whilst some have to go to war with their wives to afford a single ticket once a year!

Good post.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:18 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

Nail on the head here mate, this is the exact part I am struggling with TBH. If the club do go ahead with such a scheme, then how do we ensure that these fans are not pushed aside merely because of their financial situation?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mr_nool » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:31 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Nail on the head here mate, this is the exact part I am struggling with TBH. If the club do go ahead with such a scheme, then how do we ensure that these fans are not pushed aside merely because of their financial situation?

Which is why it's better with one-off things, like inviting them to a belting night in a hospitality lounge.
You can do 10-15 loyal supporters per home game or something like that. Write a few lines about them in the match day program as well and hey presto.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:52 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Spot on John, your post is a very accurate summation. Segmentation is the correct word for whats going on at City, a further example of which is the pricing structure in the East/West Stand level 2 seats, which are being made corporate and thus pricing out/turfing out loyal Blues, many of whom were the first to put their hands up when the club was in the financial shits not so long ago.

WW - we cant ensure that at all. In addition this relates back to my point on the Platinum and Cityzen schemes, which again place additional financial burdens on City fans who actually want to go to the games themselves. Sorting out those for the benefit of EVERY City fan is in my opinion far more important than a plaque on a wall, or a memorial scarf for someone who's had a season ticket for 25 years.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:27 am

I just wanted to throw Blowjobs into the hopper.

Most loyal fans are probably rarely, if ever, getting their knob slobbed. It would be nice to recognize the fact that such staunch loyalty for extended periods usually means you have to give up other important things in life.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:40 am

I see it has now pretty much happened; that recognising long term fans has been usurped by financial issues and everyone claiming themselves a piece of the action.

As it happens, I've had a season ticket since round about the early 70's, but I wouldn't be claiming.

I'd rather the long term fans got the recognition they deserve & there are plenty of those, who have been ignored for years & if posts on here are anything to go by, it looks like they are about to be, again.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:04 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Spot on John, your post is a very accurate summation. Segmentation is the correct word for whats going on at City, a further example of which is the pricing structure in the East/West Stand level 2 seats, which are being made corporate and thus pricing out/turfing out loyal Blues, many of whom were the first to put their hands up when the club was in the financial shits not so long ago.

WW - we cant ensure that at all. In addition this relates back to my point on the Platinum and Cityzen schemes, which again place additional financial burdens on City fans who actually want to go to the games themselves. Sorting out those for the benefit of EVERY City fan is in my opinion far more important than a plaque on a wall, or a memorial scarf for someone who's had a season ticket for 25 years.

Whilst I totally agree with your point. It is a club issue and not a reason for not recognising a long standing supporter. Which is where I think Teds posts are eluding.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:12 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I just wanted to throw Blowjobs into the hopper.

Most loyal fans are probably rarely, if ever, getting their knob slobbed. It would be nice to recognize the fact that such staunch loyalty for extended periods usually means you have to give up other important things in life.

Cheers

You obviously haven't sampled the pre and post most match entertainment that loads of blues experience every home game at true blue watering hole Mother Macs in the city center ? ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ruralblue » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:22 pm

Cheers

Dear Mike

You will be pleased to hear that your recent application to MCFC Bowie Team, has been successful. We wish to welcome you to the club and look forward to your starting this forthcoming Saturday. As such a special candidate for this position you'll be pleased to know that you will noshing the oldest supporters first. Please ensure you have flossed, turn up in the enclosed Lederhosen and sandals at lunch time Ready to go.

Kind Regards

City x
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:24 pm

Cheers

No. That would be shit timing. As a newlywed I am still getting blown on a regular basis. Maybe in a couple of years time, or perhaps some kind of sexual deviency that is not available at home.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:37 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:I can afford my support easily whilst some have to go to war with their wives to afford a single ticket once a year!

So you shouldn't be recognised if you don't have a nagging wife?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby stevefromdonny » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:43 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:They're usually grey or balding, sometimes both, have a bit of a beer gut and frown lines that a Clingon would be proud of.

well that's me to a tee well apart from the clingon as I am always clean
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:04 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:

Cheers

No. That would be shit timing. As a newlywed I am still getting blown on a regular basis. Maybe in a couple of years time, or perhaps some kind of sexual deviency that is not available at home.

Knowing you we won't be able to settle on a contract definition for "deviance" before you're on a Bosman.

Rural.....touche. I axed for that one. BTW I never got any cabbage growing advice from you did I? And no we aren't talking about a cure for baldness.

P.s. I still think blowies matter.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:53 pm

Is it possible to be a loyal long standing fan without being a sc holder?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Is it possible to be a loyal long standing fan without being a sc holder?

Of course. It's all down to your emotional attachment to the club.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:57 pm

Anyone who has been supporting the club for a long time imo, & the ones who have stuck it the longest, & are still keen now, especially.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum