How to recognise long standing and loyal supporters

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: How to recognise long standing and loyal supporters

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:54 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Easiest way to recognise a loyal fan is by his tattoo. Image

He goes in the same pub as me after the game. You don't notice him so much in there.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:56 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Scatman wrote:Is it not enough that the people themselves know how long serving and loyal they are? Why do we have to accredit people? Why should it be recognised on some shitty plaque? Do we need it? The hall of fame for supporters? Turn their seats gold. Give then a facebook page. Do me a favour. Just continue to turn up and sing.

We got our 'reward' when Aguero scored the third against QPR. If City (and other clubs) really wanted to reward their long term/loyal supporters they should stop pricing them out of games.

I think it would be a good thing if people who have been supporting the club for 70 odd years get some recognition rather than being usurped by yuppies who buy loyalty points.

If people don't want it, they don't have to apply.

The club has done absolutely fuck all for people, some of whom were there when we were shit before we became good, went shit again became good went shit again , became good went shit again & became good. The way they ignored all the long term season ticket holders from Maine Rd is a disgrace imo.

And slim is right re paying for cards. I know loads of people who went in the 3rd division days who rarely ever go now, & the reason they stopped going in the first place, is because demand went up at Maine Rd and it became more & more difficult to buy a ticket.

But that's got fuck all to do with appreciating long term supporters, which is a good thing.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:58 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Easiest way to recognise a loyal fan is by his tattoo. Image

He goes in the same pub as me after the game. You don't notice him so much in there.

How do you know its the same guy if you cant see his face?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:00 pm

london blue 2 wrote:

How do you know its the same guy if you cant see his face?

Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby City64 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:53 pm

During the early 70s my dad used to take me and my brother to every home game , we used to get there as the turnstiles opened at the Platt Lane end and pay on the gate , the ground would be almost full 45 minutes before kick off in those glorious days . How would the club know who all those loyal supporters were from that era who paid on the gate every week ? Just sayin .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:39 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:How to recognise long standing fans? Grey hair, nervous tick, darting eyes and a general malaise about them .

That's me!

As a season ticket holder since 1980 I don't feel I want or deserve any special recognition but not being priced out of my seat in East level 2 would be nice.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:00 pm

Thanks for "some" of the replies so far.

My personal view on this would be for the club to give something back. Maybe if you are an existing season ticket holder, you get a reduction each year on your renewal as a continued long standing loyal fan?

We already have price brackets for tickets
U16/OAP
17/18
18/21
Adult over 21

why cant we do the same, seasoncard/ticket holder for:
10/15yrs = 10% discount
15/20yrs = 15% discount
20/25 yrs = 20% discount
25+ = 25% discount

I think it would be a nice touch for the club to recognise those fans that have supported the club for many years in the bad old days, but how is this possible?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby feedthegreek » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:02 pm

Slim wrote:You know, one of the things I never understood why we all went along with, was the purchase to enable you to purchase things.

"Hi business, I'd like to buy your product"

"I'm sorry I cannot sell you my product until you buy this useless piece of laminated card that allows you to buy my product"

"I see, and what else does this useless piece of laminated card do for me"

"Nothing, it just means I can fleece even more money from you for my already overpriced and marked up product"

"Well what are we waiting for! Sign me up please"

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

First time I encountered this was with a phone company, that lasted the five minutes it took until I could get to another store than sold sim cards. If City were charging me £120 for the privilege of giving them money, I'd inform them I'll be cancelling everything that could conceivably give them money, boycotting their sponsors products and streaming their games until they got their heads right. It'd do fuck all by itself, but if half the season ticket holders did the same, you see how quickly it fucks right off.

this is exactly right, but members like myself who can no longer afford a season ticket, had one in the old standing kippax cost me 30 notes for a season, are now charging 25 quid for me to be able to buy tickets, but when you have been going through all the bad times and suddenly we become successful fans will join the membership schemes even though we know its a rip off. i dont think people have the same emotional feelings about, o2 or, 3 or ,vodaphone. but you make a great point.
Last edited by feedthegreek on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:03 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Thanks for "some" of the replies so far.

You're welcome.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ruralblue » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:13 pm

Band wagon jumper!

Cart old John out round the pitch in his chair for a match day experience for a start and take Gillie the next week ;-)

Plaque I reckon as it's something that will last for a long time. A match day experience or a seat in a hospitality box will be a fading memory where as something solid like a plaque will stay in place and a honour for that chosen person to take kids / grandkids etc, to see it.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:25 pm

Slim wrote:

You're welcome.

your comment was welcomed :-)
Wonderwall

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:26 pm

ruralblue wrote:

Band wagon jumper!

Cart old John out round the pitch in his chair for a match day experience for a start and take Gillie the next week ;-)

Plaque I reckon as it's something that will last for a long time. A match day experience or a seat in a hospitality box will be a fading memory where as something solid like a plaque will stay in place and a honour for that chosen person to take kids / grandkids etc, to see it.

Thanks Rural, that's a good point about longevity of such a thing and relatives can also see it and it would be a thing of pride?
Wonderwall

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:28 pm

Slim wrote:You know, one of the things I never understood why we all went along with, was the purchase to enable you to purchase things.

"Hi business, I'd like to buy your product"

"I'm sorry I cannot sell you my product until you buy this useless piece of laminated card that allows you to buy my product"

"I see, and what else does this useless piece of laminated card do for me"

"Nothing, it just means I can fleece even more money from you for my already overpriced and marked up product"

"Well what are we waiting for! Sign me up please"

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

First time I encountered this was with a phone company, that lasted the five minutes it took until I could get to another store than sold sim cards. If City were charging me £120 for the privilege of giving them money, I'd inform them I'll be cancelling everything that could conceivably give them money, boycotting their sponsors products and streaming their games until they got their heads right. It'd do fuck all by itself, but if half the season ticket holders did the same, you see how quickly it fucks right off.

Yep. That in a nutshell is the Cityzen Membership scheme - it's a money lift and a pisstake out of City fans. So is the Platinum extra £50 scheme as well.

Seems to me certain persons within City's pricing structure know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ruralblue » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:32 pm

Think so Bob. Maybe have the design a little different than the plaques that were on offer couple if seasons ago so it sets the honour aside from what folks have paid for.

As for who gets one that is a hard decision. The easiest way would be for forums like ours to have votes for who we think should have it. All joking aside folks like John and Doug should be honoured as they are loyal and been going since the dawn of time. However that would exclude people who don't access sites like these. as someone previously mentioned the club will have it on record who's held season tickets the longest.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:05 pm

I don't think your age should matter. Just because you're 70 and an old cunt you're probably more likely to have a chip on your shoulder and think the club owes you something anyway.

I'm 30 this year and have had my season ticket 20 years straight. No gap. Why should it matter because of my age?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ruralblue » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:16 pm

Mase wrote:I don't think your age should matter. Just because you're 70 and an old cunt you're probably more likely to have a chip on your shoulder and think the club owes you something anyway.

I'm 30 this year and have had my season ticket 20 years straight. No gap. Why should it matter because of my age?

Fair comment. Suppose my idea might be a bit ageist!

Just for you Mase I shall petition the club for you to have a meal out with Kolarov :-)
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Scatman » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:27 pm

My personal view on this would be for the club to give something back. Maybe if you are an existing season ticket holder, you get a reduction each year on your renewal as a continued long standing loyal fan?

We already have price brackets for tickets
U16/OAP
17/18
18/21
Adult over 21

why cant we do the same, seasoncard/ticket holder for:
10/15yrs = 10% discount
15/20yrs = 15% discount
20/25 yrs = 20% discount
25+ = 25% discount

I think it would be a nice touch for the club to recognise those fans that have supported the club for many years in the bad old days, but how is this possible?

I think this is the best post in the thread so far.
Scatman

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:40 pm

I think this is a really good initiative that should be addressed positively i.e. not taken as an opportunity to discuss pricing issues etc. The reward for long standing supporters would depend on how many supporters are to be rewarded. Personally, I would like a plaque or a memory written on one of those billboards with my name on it.....like the ones they already have inside the ground near the bars etc. This might sound a bit daft but I'd love to play on the pitch. If 10 supporters are chosen then a game of 5 a side at half time.
If old records do not exist then ask all current 5 or maybe 10+ years standing season ticket holders to apply if they wish to.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:42 pm

ruralblue wrote:
Mase wrote:I don't think your age should matter. Just because you're 70 and an old cunt you're probably more likely to have a chip on your shoulder and think the club owes you something anyway.

Fair comment. Suppose my idea might be a bit ageist!

Just for you Mase I shall petition the club for you to have a meal out with Kolarov :-)

That's all I'm asking you know. It's not much to want to wake up in his car boot. I'm sure the club can arrange it, they have my address.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:46 pm

Bus Pass/Train Pass, golf cart up Alan Turing, free can of Gary Glitter.

Sorted.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum