***chelsea v city official match day thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***chelsea v city official match day thread***

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:22 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:He fucked up for the goal, as did Demichelis.

They both expected Hazard to take a touch so didn't go full tilt for the 6 yard box. The Chelsea strikers did.

Apart from that, he showed signs of getting it together, just nervous.

Saw a sports pullout today, where City getting a point is purely down to the keeper & a lead article telling the world how Pellegrini can't build a 'dynasty' with this bunch of players, how Fernandinho & Fernando aren't as good a pairing as Matic & Fabregas, criticising Milner, & saying how we can't compare to Ferguson's dynasty, & that 'just' winning a title every couple of years & a few cups won't be good enough for our owners. So having seen City outclass Chelsea, he realises we may well win the league & is setting us up as failures even if we do. (Neville is doing the same).

I'd be very surprised if this cunt doesn't appear on tv spouting the same shit.

Some people are trying to write our history for us & will probably succeed.

Reading the Daily Star's (I know!!) match report today beggars belief as if you hadn't seen the match you would have sworn Chelski deserved all 3 points as the far superior team and Hazard was man of the match with a score of 8/10 with all of our players scoring a 6. I would honestly ban these fuckwits from the stadium now as it is getting beyond a joke.

This may well be outdated information but it used to be the case that you couldn't ban journalists from the stadium as clubs are contractually obliged to allow them access. You can, however, ban them from the press-conferences.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:34 pm

In fairness to Chelsea, they were missing two players and it was a wonder they managed to find 11 who were fit to play, whereas we have a full strength squad to pick from.

I haven't been paying much attention recently, but from Sky, MOTD and the papers, I think that's accurate.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:49 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:In fairness to Chelsea, they were missing two players and it was a wonder they managed to find 11 who were fit to play, whereas we have a full strength squad to pick from.

I haven't been paying much attention recently, but from Sky, MOTD and the papers, I think that's accurate.

Nasri, Yaya and Bony are just fringe players, they are certainly not going to dislodge Milner, Navas and Fernandinho when they return.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:52 pm

This is the Daily Star report, what were you guys reading?

JOSE MOURINHO kept his vow of silence last night, again refusing to talk about his club.

Just as well. He would need to explain how his side continue to excite and frustrate.

How they let slip a lead and continue to have Man City breathing down their necks when they were running away with the title.

How they struggled at the end – and parked the bus as City went for broke and were all over them.

Not forgetting how Arsenal and the pack are not far behind. Arsene Wenger led a crop of managers chuckling at the result.

Mourinho would also have needed to explain why his keeper Thibaut Courtois, considered one of the world’s finest, fluffed a cross like a Sunday league keeper to witness City wipe out Chelsea’s lead within a minute.

And his appalling touchline behaviour, where he was constantly brought to book by the fourth official for leaving his area and was eventually spoken to by referee Mark Clattenburg.

He was lucky not to be sent to the stand.

Mourinho has gone in for this monk-like existence because he feels the world is against his club.

Total rubbish, of course, but it often deflects what is happening on the field.

Chelsea, after their blistering start to the season, are looking fragile on occasions and relying far too heavily on Eden Hazard.

There were long periods of midfield snapping, chances being wasted and top stars not fulfilling their potential.

All this in front of the biggest TV audience ever to watch a Premier League game, with crews from around the world tuned into to what was billed as the title decider.

City were never overawed by the occasion and but for sloppy finishing could have broken the Stamford Bridge hoodoo and inflicted a first league defeat in 11 games.

They were on top in the final stages as Chelsea battened down the hatches.

Mourinho gave notice of his vow of silence by writing just seven paragraphs in the Chelsea programme.

He was not keen to hold a welcoming hand to City and their manager Manuel Pellegrini – he has previous there and is still smarting from when the City boss called Chelsea “a small team”.

It led to a frantic game, tackles going in, skirmishes bristling but overall it lacked quality.

Jesus Navas stung Courtois’ hands after just 20 seconds.

Oscar wasted a 29th-minute chance by shooting tamely into the hands of Joe Hart on one of the rare occasions Chelsea found space in City’s defence.

After Chelsea were twice denied penalty appeals for handball, City broke clear and Sergio Aguero shot wide with only Courtois to beat in the 32nd minute.

Chelsea produced the best moment of the first half and deservedly took the lead.

Hazard and Loic Remy broke clear, brought Willian and then Branislav Ivanovic into the act and from his pass, Hazard crossed for Remy to score in the 42nd minute.

But within a minute City were level.

Navas crossed and Courtois fluffed his clearance, his punch going to Aguero whose shot was turned in by David Silva.

It was obvious the absence of Diego Costa, who has scored 17 times in 19 Premier League appearances, was a major blow for Chelsea.

It meant Frank Lampard’s introduction was a footnote to the Mourinho show.

Lampard said: “The last few games we’ve dropped our standards a bit but that was more like it.

“It keeps it bubbling. I don’t think either team can be too upset with the result.”
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:04 pm

I've not really commented on the thread because I became so incensed with yesterdays game and the portrayal post-match. The fact that Maureen hardly got any stick for his childish behaviour, refusing to give any comment, pre or post-match, really grips my shit. Then, the tactics he adopted, once again, to kill a game of football that was to be televised to an estimated 650 million punters, are just deplorable. What did we get from the commentators though, did we get 'The Special One' getting special treatment from them, highlighting how he does this in every big game, making what could be a real spectacle and turning it into a drab event that most neutral fans wouldn't want to watch again? No, of course not. Instead they tried to justify it, constantly referring to their 120 minutes 5 days before.

Yes, they played a game but isn't that what your squad is for, afterall, it's not as if the Chelsea squad is short of a few quid? This was also constantly referred to, saying how little Chelsea had on the bench rather than stating that due to their own actions, they had a few people out, namely Costa. And what about the excitement of the goals with Remy getting the commentators screeching his name with RatBoy choking his words he was so excited. Compare that to ours where both of them near enough sighed Silva's name, as if we'd just shit on their jam sandwich. They even started on the line of offside, begrudgingly accepting that there was no infringement once we'd seen the replay 5 times. To top all that, during the post-match analysis, Sky then decided to show the 'Controversial' moment when the ball was kept in by Hazard but was given as a throw in to us, making out that it had an affect on the Chelsea players and led to our goal. The fact that Hazard had already lost the ball and it was now in our possession was of no real significance to them, it was portrayed in such a manner that Maureen should feel aggrieved, again.

But what about the media, surely they would be all over Maureen's tactics, telling us all how he's killing the game, surely? Well, after reading a few match reports I can report that not too much has been made of the tactics adopted, more that both teams contrived to play for a draw and leave honours even. In fact, one report, in the Telegraph, actually lays into our players, with the emphasis on us not having the team to fulfil our dreams and not inline with our new training complex. Hayward states that Chelsea could afford to lose the game not quite understanding that if that was the case then Maureen would surely have gone out to play football and stamp their mark on the PL. He gives a little credit with his 'City played well enough' comment but somehow put it across that we should have been winning these games, away, to the top team in the PL. Really, it's that easy is it, Paul?

After a game like yesterday where we had better stats in all areas you'd think there'd be a bit of pro-City reporting, contrasted with anti-Chelsea/Maureen bile. Isn't it always that way with us? But no, these fucktards stick to what they know best. They tipped Chelsea for the title and they'll print what suits them, not what the real news is. Opinion is the new fact and fact is not worth reporting, it doesn't get the hoards buying their papers or clicking their links.

We went to Stamford Bridge, under a bit of a cloud, and bossed them. That is the fact, nothing more, yet we seem to be the ones getting the stick, yet again. No real mention of Chelsea not even receiving a yellow for numerous tackles or the fact that if Sergio was on form, he'd be banging those chances away. No, it doesn't work like that. All's that matters is that their teams, or their opinions, count. And I'm fucking sick of it.

Oh, and Maureen, what did you call Fat Sam's West Ham when they stopped you from scoring, you hypocritical snivelling little fuck.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:13 pm

Slim wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:In fairness to Chelsea, they were missing two players and it was a wonder they managed to find 11 who were fit to play, whereas we have a full strength squad to pick from.

Nasri, Yaya and Bony are just fringe players, they are certainly not going to dislodge Milner, Navas and Fernandinho when they return.

I did chuckle at Sky's comparison of City & Chelsea's players, putting Fabregas up against Fernando. Sure, that's a fair comparison.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:21 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
zuricity wrote:5 points behind.A run in that is quite reasonable , compared to Chavski. Sitting nicely , with injured players coming back and Toure and Bony to come back. Fewer weekly games next months,just Barca to dispose of now. See you all in Berlin for lunch with Angela in june.

PS. Carl is right, Vince needs a massive kick in the pants .

World class 1st time pass from Hazard, admire it as it was perfection. Vinny heading in the right direction and a piss take to even think he is anything but class for our club in everything he does.

World class 1st time pass? Really? I saw it as a normal,controlled cross across the box .

Normal when with all of our play do we do that even from dead balls. The sort of pass we cannot do, Hazard did one thing all game, great movement, awareness pass goal. Top draw split hairs all day mate,it was what the world class players do for me. And what will define the season, particularly in 2 games coming up.

What sort of time frame are you using for your argument ? the last few weeks ? this season ? since we became a power in football ?

I seem to remember Kolarov putting some very precise and perfect crosses in from the left this season and certainly last season . Where Edin scored some 'Tap ins' ....
Ditto Navas. btw I think Navas is playing brilliantly in those roles we don't expect from him , cleaning up, covering back etc. He seems to lack on his delivery more than he delivers when crossing or taking corners - the main reasons we got a winger ! However, his overall contribution to the team has been outstanding this season.

We have sorely missed Nasri since he picked up his injury.

My point about Vince is that i think the problem we have is that he is such a great guy, clearly very intelligent and his speaks several languages very competently. Without doubt he is a great motivator. But do all these things matter much when on the field he makes silly mistakes and his distribution is quite poor at times ?

I remember way back at Blackburn when at half time he had a set to with Elano. Both playing in mid-field that day , and Elano looked on incredulously as Vince spat his dummy out on the way to the changing rooms. Vince was out of order that day. not long after he moved into defensive role. He is not a midfielder.

Against the big teams in the big games he has had his problems ( Real Madrid and Ronaldo's deflection in the dying seconds of the game to lose, as an example).

I think that nerves get to him in the big games.

In the premier league , we spend so much time in and around the other teams penalty box that our defenders are basically mopping up. So he doesn't really get tested too often. strangely enough we have gifted goals on the counter attack this season, far too often.

Now if he is going to stay at the centre of the defense, then he really must get his defenders sorted out. We gift goals on free kicks ( Everton recently for example - not Vinnie's fault obviously) and the man in charge of the defense on the day must sort it out, Usually this is Vinny, but there has been times when he has been a little to easy going defending the line . Also , this is the task I find Demich is poor at. Organising the players at free kicks, getting every man marked and holding the line of the defense as far from the goal line as possible.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:30 pm

Great post, Beefy. It is what it is.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:34 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Great post, Beefy. It is what it is.

+1
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:36 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Great post, Beefy. It is what it is.

THIS. Nice one Beef . U sound like a Brotha from another montha. :-)
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:51 pm

Much better from Navas although those two corners in stoppage time warranted a fine.

His delivery is very hit and miss generally. He just seems to take too long to get the ball out of his feet at times and ends up whacking it straight into the defender stood two yards from him.

Good squad player and worth keeping but we need imo a propper touchline, chalk on your boots, winger with a bit more quality in the final third.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:51 pm

zuricity wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
zuricity wrote:5 points behind.A run in that is quite reasonable , compared to Chavski. Sitting nicely , with injured players coming back and Toure and Bony to come back. Fewer weekly games next months,just Barca to dispose of now. See you all in Berlin for lunch with Angela in june.

PS. Carl is right, Vince needs a massive kick in the pants .

World class 1st time pass from Hazard, admire it as it was perfection. Vinny heading in the right direction and a piss take to even think he is anything but class for our club in everything he does.

World class 1st time pass? Really? I saw it as a normal,controlled cross across the box .

Normal when with all of our play do we do that even from dead balls. The sort of pass we cannot do, Hazard did one thing all game, great movement, awareness pass goal. Top draw split hairs all day mate,it was what the world class players do for me. And what will define the season, particularly in 2 games coming up.

What sort of time frame are you using for your argument ? the last few weeks ? this season ? since we became a power in football ?

I seem to remember Kolarov putting some very precise and perfect crosses in from the left this season and certainly last season . Where Edin scored some 'Tap ins' ....
Ditto Navas. btw I think Navas is playing brilliantly in those roles we don't expect from him , cleaning up, covering back etc. He seems to lack on his delivery more than he delivers when crossing or taking corners - the main reasons we got a winger ! However, his overall contribution to the team has been outstanding this season.

We have sorely missed Nasri since he picked up his injury.

My point about Vince is that i think the problem we have is that he is such a great guy, clearly very intelligent and his speaks several languages very competently. Without doubt he is a great motivator. But do all these things matter much when on the field he makes silly mistakes and his distribution is quite poor at times ?

I remember way back at Blackburn when at half time he had a set to with Elano. Both playing in mid-field that day , and Elano looked on incredulously as Vince spat his dummy out on the way to the changing rooms. Vince was out of order that day. not long after he moved into defensive role. He is not a midfielder.

Against the big teams in the big games he has had his problems ( Real Madrid and Ronaldo's deflection in the dying seconds of the game to lose, as an example).

I think that nerves get to him in the big games.

In the premier league , we spend so much time in and around the other teams penalty box that our defenders are basically mopping up. So he doesn't really get tested too often. strangely enough we have gifted goals on the counter attack this season, far too often.

Now if he is going to stay at the centre of the defense, then he really must get his defenders sorted out. We gift goals on free kicks ( Everton recently for example - not Vinnie's fault obviously) and the man in charge of the defense on the day must sort it out, Usually this is Vinny, but there has been times when he has been a little to easy going defending the line . Also , this is the task I find Demich is poor at. Organising the players at free kicks, getting every man marked and holding the line of the defense as far from the goal line as possible.

We would struggle to cross the Road.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:17 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:He fucked up for the goal, as did Demichelis.

They both expected Hazard to take a touch so didn't go full tilt for the 6 yard box. The Chelsea strikers did.

Apart from that, he showed signs of getting it together, just nervous.

Saw a sports pullout today, where City getting a point is purely down to the keeper & a lead article telling the world how Pellegrini can't build a 'dynasty' with this bunch of players, how Fernandinho & Fernando aren't as good a pairing as Matic & Fabregas, criticising Milner, & saying how we can't compare to Ferguson's dynasty, & that 'just' winning a title every couple of years & a few cups won't be good enough for our owners. So having seen City outclass Chelsea, he realises we may well win the league & is setting us up as failures even if we do. (Neville is doing the same).

I'd be very surprised if this cunt doesn't appear on tv spouting the same shit.

Some people are trying to write our history for us & will probably succeed.

Reading the Daily Star's (I know!!) match report today beggars belief as if you hadn't seen the match you would have sworn Chelski deserved all 3 points as the far superior team and Hazard was man of the match with a score of 8/10 with all of our players scoring a 6. I would honestly ban these fuckwits from the stadium now as it is getting beyond a joke.

Are you serious? That is beyond ridiculous!
The only credit Chelsea deserve from yesterday imo was that they were really disciplined and made it hard for us to get into proper goal scoring positions
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:27 pm

The only credit Chelsea deserve from yesterday imo was that they were really disciplined and made it hard for us to get into proper goal scoring positions

And I'm not even sure that warrants much credit, as all teams of late have been good at stopping us from scoring.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Slim » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:39 pm

The only credit they deserve is that their anti-football didn't stop Silva from scoring.

Have another look at the goal but ignore what we're doing and have a look at Terry and Ivanovic. Some teams come to the Etihad and park the bus but this from the league leaders at home is a fucking joke.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:24 pm

Slim wrote:The only credit they deserve is that their anti-football didn't stop Silva from scoring.

Have another look at the goal but ignore what we're doing and have a look at Terry and Ivanovic. Some teams come to the Etihad and park the bus but this from the league leaders at home is a fucking joke.

When we have Arsenal & Chelsea both playing like Stoke in order to try & pinch points off us, we must surely be on the right track.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:29 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

And I'm not even sure that warrants much credit, as all teams of late have been good at stopping us from scoring.

Ha! I know where you're coming from but imo we were miles better yesterday than we've been for ages and that performance would have been enough in all of our January fixtures.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby feedthegreek » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:10 pm

feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:33 pm

feedthegreek wrote:this a good read.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ni-8558644

Cheers for that. Since Brennan came on here and took a bit of a savaging, fair play to him he does seem to be reporting less from the rag perspective that was natural to him, and he does fight our corner better than he had done previously. Not sure we can take credit for that, but it's a change for the better.

All these journalists need to do is read the fans perspective, read the forums - and clearly they do....so if they know full well that mourinho was being an utter cunt before during and after the game, it is, in my opinion professionally negligent not to mention it.

It does look fairly clear that to omit the points Brennan has covered really does highlight an editorial agenda which is NOT focused on reporting the news, but is instead reporting a completely different narrative and is really quite akin to brain washing
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:56 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:The only credit they deserve is that their anti-football didn't stop Silva from scoring.

When we have Arsenal & Chelsea both playing like Stoke in order to try & pinch points off us, we must surely be on the right track.

Yeah shame we couldn't beat either of them though. Oh and Stoke beat us didn't they, perhaps it's they who are on the right track Ted...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum