***chelsea v city official match day thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***chelsea v city official match day thread***

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:01 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:The only credit they deserve is that their anti-football didn't stop Silva from scoring.

Have another look at the goal but ignore what we're doing and have a look at Terry and Ivanovic. Some teams come to the Etihad and park the bus but this from the league leaders at home is a fucking joke.

When we have Arsenal & Chelsea both playing like Stoke in order to try & pinch points off us, we must surely be on the right track.

Yeah shame we couldn't beat either of them though. Oh and Stoke beat us didn't they, perhaps it's they who are on the right track Ted...

If that's how you prefer to look at it.

I recon I'm right though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:38 am

Wasted opportunity was that.

Fernandinho and Milner were excellent, our corners and use of the ball in the last third not so. We are in touch, just, but must now put a run of 5-6 consecutive wins together and then see where we are with 10 games to go.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:01 pm

I'd snap your hand off for 5 wins out of 6, whatever order they come. 3 points out of either of Stoke or Liverpool away & lose/draw the other, will do me.

Chelsea have some easy fixtures to come, on paper. But I don't think any top 6 side including Chelsea, can take anything for granted from now on. There will be some intersesting twists involving everyone I recon.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:24 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I recon I'm right though.

That's a turn-up for the books.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:33 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

I know I was shocked. I find it amazing he can type at all with where his head has been lodged for years.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:19 pm

Slim wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

I know I was shocked. I find it amazing he can type at all with where his head has been lodged for years.

I'll refrain from taking this in a 'yo mama' type direction.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:46 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Wasted opportunity was that.

Fernandinho and Milner were excellent, our corners and use of the ball in the last third not so. We are in touch, just, but must now put a run of 5-6 consecutive wins together and then see where we are with 10 games to go.

Can't agree with your opinion of wasted opportunity Goaters 103 , it was a mustn't lose game , we bossed it but couldn't find a way through 6 or 7 buses parked on the edge of the league leaders penalty area . The game took its toll on them and the season is taking its toll , they are down to the bare bones and Maureen is panic stricken . This title race will almost probably go to the wire ! It's not for the faint hearted but neither has our last two title run ins ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:26 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

I'll refrain from taking this in a 'yo mama' type direction.

Oh you're no fun.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:27 pm

The deluded 1 will leave his bunker to hold a gathering for Villa away WANKER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:56 pm

City64 wrote:

Can't agree with your opinion of wasted opportunity Goaters 103 , it was a mustn't lose game , we bossed it but couldn't find a way through 6 or 7 buses parked on the edge of the league leaders penalty area . The game took its toll on them and the season is taking its toll , they are down to the bare bones and Maureen is panic stricken . This title race will almost probably go to the wire ! It's not for the faint hearted but neither has our last two title run ins ;-)

Totally agree with that. Very worried man.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:37 pm

john@staustell wrote:
City64 wrote:

I suppose one slight positive for Chelsea, from this game, is that Zouma looked fairly useful, certainly more so than Mourinho's current centre-back incumbents.

If either Cahill or Terry were off-loaded, that might make their back line even more scrooge-like.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby MilnersJaw » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:14 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Slim wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:In fairness to Chelsea, they were missing two players and it was a wonder they managed to find 11 who were fit to play, whereas we have a full strength squad to pick from.

I haven't been paying much attention recently, but from Sky, MOTD and the papers, I think that's accurate.

Nasri, Yaya and Bony are just fringe players, they are certainly not going to dislodge Milner, Navas and Fernandinho when they return.

I did chuckle at Sky's comparison of City & Chelsea's players, putting Fabregas up against Fernando. Sure, that's a fair comparison.

Well they did cost the same and came in at the same.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:08 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
City64 wrote:

I suppose one slight positive for Chelsea, from this game, is that Zouma looked fairly useful, certainly more so than Mourinho's current centre-back incumbents.

If either Cahill or Terry were off-loaded, that might make their back line even more scrooge-like.

He did look quite decent but so did Mangala when they came to Manchester. One thing I did notice in both our game and the Dippers game was his propensity to head clearances straight back down the middle which more often than not landed at an opposition player's feet inviting more pressure on.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:09 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Slim wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:In fairness to Chelsea, they were missing two players and it was a wonder they managed to find 11 who were fit to play, whereas we have a full strength squad to pick from.

I haven't been paying much attention recently, but from Sky, MOTD and the papers, I think that's accurate.

Nasri, Yaya and Bony are just fringe players, they are certainly not going to dislodge Milner, Navas and Fernandinho when they return.

I did chuckle at Sky's comparison of City & Chelsea's players, putting Fabregas up against Fernando. Sure, that's a fair comparison.

Well they did cost the same and came in at the same.

Think your mixing up your Ferns.

Fernando cost £12million.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum