Away Fans voting with their Feet

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Away Fans voting with their Feet

Postby roblues » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:35 am

Herb wrote:Contrary to the views expressed by those agast at the thought of paying real world prices to see world class players, I think the prices are very fair indeed.
I pay £820 for a padded seat in CB2, which is far less than an Arse fan would pay for a similar perch.
In recent seasons we've won a shelf full of major honours and paid less per goal scored than fans of any other PL side

I have some honest sympathy for fans who can't afford current prices but what would they have us do - sell all the talent so that prices can be reduced at the cost of further success? No way, I'm loving our success so IMO if you want to pay Rochdale prices then go watch Rochdale.

I seem to remember multiple articles and explanations from people who are more financially inclined than I am, linked to the German system, that suggest ticket revenue is a drop in the ocean when considering ability to compete.

More importantly, I'm pretty sure most people don't want to pay 'Rochdale prices' to watch Rochdale, which is why they only get 2000-3000 turning up from a town of 120,000 people (it's £15-20 a game and nearly £300 for the cheapest season ticket, that's what we were paying not that long ago). Ticket prices are a problem from top to bottom.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:40 am

Herb wrote:Contrary to the views expressed by those agast at the thought of paying real world prices to see world class players, I think the prices are very fair indeed.
I pay £820 for a padded seat in CB2, which is far less than an Arse fan would pay for a similar perch.
In recent seasons we've won a shelf full of major honours and paid less per goal scored than fans of any other PL side

I have some honest sympathy for fans who can't afford current prices but what would they have us do - sell all the talent so that prices can be reduced at the cost of further success? No way, I'm loving our success so IMO if you want to pay Rochdale prices then go watch Rochdale.

That's a very fair point and one that I share myself as I do think the SC is very good value for money. However, some just cannot afford that money so try and get the odd ticket which is far more expensive.

£50 for 90 minutes of entertainment or get a month of Sky Sports & movies? No brainer really and very much priced to suit.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Slim » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:42 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Henry Winter has written an article backing FSF groups campaign for cheaper away tickets. I dont go to a lot of away games, but would love the price to come down for those who do go and for the fans coming to us so we get a good atmosphere too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... icket.html

I don't think I've ever agreed with anything he's ever written or said on SS, but he's on the money here.

Really ? I think he's often ok.

I think the Premier League should try to encourage/force all clubs to slash ticket prices, for home fans too. If they can bring in ridiculously illegal bollocks like ffp, then they can find a way of doing that.

agree
winter is one of the few credible football writers out there
a free thinker not agenda driven like most of the other cunts

He slated us relentlessly when we got taken over and has changed his tune recently.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:02 pm

I think you will change your tune next season when your price increases by 50%, or you will move to a cheaper seat.

This is about AWAY ticket prices IMO, and we as City fans are seen as one of the Cat A teams for all of our away games and therefore we get charged a higher price for 90 minutes football away from home than west brom, hull, swansea, stoke etc etc
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:03 pm

Winter criticised us on various Cook-ups early doors & stuff like the Kaka chase etc but City went to the trouble of explaining the 'project' to him & he then backed us strongly on a lot of stuff in his column, even on tv.

The problem was, we invited him & several other journos to explain how we were patient 'weren't like other clubs who just sacked managers' etc etc & they all believed it, & went into print telling everybody about it, then shortly afterwards, we sacked Hughes.

That was why he was so angry at Mancini's press conference, & there were several others the same. We made twats out of them, by telling them a load of bollocks & them going to print with it.

Winter got over it quicker than the others & has been fair to us since imo. Some like Oliver Holt, held a grudge for a long time, as he was a closet rag to start with & had come onboard with our message, only to be humiliated when we fired the manager.

It will all happen again even worse if we don't use the academy players. But I think it's nailed on we will.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:24 pm

I see the scousers banners worked ! £50.00 plus for us at Dippers 1.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Herb » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:28 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

I think you will change your tune next season when your price increases by 50%, or you will move to a cheaper seat.

This is about AWAY ticket prices IMO, and we as City fans are seen as one of the Cat A teams for all of our away games and therefore we get charged a higher price for 90 minutes football away from home than west brom, hull, swansea, stoke etc etc

I do appreciate your angle but I won't change my tune because I'm lucky enough to afford a price hike and I think my seat would represent good value at twice the price.
Added thought is that I could always slash the cost by moving up to the 3rd tier and getting one of our ultra-cheap season tickets at a push.

As for the 'away' price slant, we still watch the wonderful Manchester City when supporting away from home so still good value I say.
On that topic, a lot of away tickets are secured by fans who just sell the tickets on to keep up their point tally's - it's always gone on and it skews the market even without a touts mark-up because it means that their mates get to attend while fans who would otherwise be able to attend by right can't do so. That's more of an issue IMO.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:35 pm

$20.8 million may be good value for a Learjet, but most people won't be buying one.

It is the same with football; if people can't afford it, they will have to stop going. It is irrelevant whether it's good value or not.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:56 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:$20.8 million may be good value for a Learjet, but most people won't be buying one.

It is the same with football; if people can't afford it, they will have to stop going. It is irrelevant whether it's good value or not.

At that price, who can afford not to buy a learjet.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:46 pm

Herb wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I do appreciate your angle but I won't change my tune because I'm lucky enough to afford a price hike and I think my seat would represent good value at twice the price.
Added thought is that I could always slash the cost by moving up to the 3rd tier and getting one of our ultra-cheap season tickets at a push.

As for the 'away' price slant, we still watch the wonderful Manchester City when supporting away from home so still good value I say.
On that topic, a lot of away tickets are secured by fans who just sell the tickets on to keep up their point tally's - it's always gone on and it skews the market even without a touts mark-up because it means that their mates get to attend while fans who would otherwise be able to attend by right can't do so. That's more of an issue IMO.

Cockwomble
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum