pulling on the shirt

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

pulling on the shirt

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:58 am

just a job for them isn't it?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: pulling on the shirt

Postby twosips » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:06 am

Yes. They'll be sat watching some shit like take me out with their girlfriends and having a couple of drinks like the rest of us. Probably laughing and joking away...
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:02 am

I didn't see any lack of effort at all tbh. Even Kolarov looked to me as if he was trying. Vinny was trying too hard. Silva won a couple of headers vs much bigger players, & battled for the ball, Zabba was puffing & wheezing, sprinting back (doing a fair impression of Gary Neville just pre retirement) Milner, Navas ran their bollocks off as did Fernando, Aguero was limping fromn 27 mins (I checked the clock) onwards & still tying to win the game on his own, Jovetic did plenty of tracking back.

Certainly first half, we won most challenges we went into.

We were just not good enough, at football.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:27 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:just a job for them isn't it?

Of course it's a job, but if you think any professional sportsperson can get to the top of their profession without putting in effort, or having a will to win, you're deluded.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:36 am

Its not the first time we have run out of ideas , and if Pellers doesn't start fuckign focusing on changing tactics during games very soon then he can fuck off !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:04 pm

I did nt think there was any lack of effort yesterday. I clapped the lads off at the end and was pissed off to hear the booing. It seems mad to boo off the champions. Any moaning should be done on here not at the ground.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:56 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I did nt think there was any lack of effort yesterday. I clapped the lads off at the end and was pissed off to hear the booing. It seems mad to boo off the champions. Any moaning should be done on here not at the ground.

They lost, 2-0, against a team from a lower league. I think they should expect to be booed. I wouldn't agree with it during a game or against an individual, but a collective "that was shit" seems fair enough.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:56 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I did nt think there was any lack of effort yesterday. I clapped the lads off at the end and was pissed off to hear the booing. It seems mad to boo off the champions. Any moaning should be done on here not at the ground.

I didn't hear any booing. Was it just in the south stand?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:05 pm

freshie wrote:

I was in the family stand yesterday . Small pockets of booing from a few idiots.
South Stand Balti

Postby AntMcfc » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:37 pm

No lack of effort, just lack of quality from the likes of Boyata, Navas and Jovetic.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:41 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
freshie wrote:

I was in the family stand yesterday . Small pockets of booing from a few idiots.

I tell you what really fucked me off about our "fans" yesterday. This is a bit of a ramble for me so please bear with me!!
We don't get to games as nearly as much as we would like due to cost and not having much spare cash but we go when we can afford it and the Mrs and kids enjoy it immensely. My Mrs is from Essex and has the accent to boot but was getting right behind the lads (we were in the Family Stand) and my eldest daughter said to me after the match: "Dad, why did that man tell Mum to shut up?" Well, if you are that particular person and are reading this I would like to say that you are a fucking disgrace and it was a good job it was not brought to my attention in the stadium. I don't know why people like this bother going as there was also a kid nearby playing his handheld game console. It makes me wonder if the hassle of modern day match going is all worth it?
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:50 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
freshie wrote:

I tell you what really fucked me off about our "fans" yesterday. This is a bit of a ramble for me so please bear with me!!
We don't get to games as nearly as much as we would like due to cost and not having much spare cash but we go when we can afford it and the Mrs and kids enjoy it immensely. My Mrs is from Essex and has the accent to boot but was getting right behind the lads (we were in the Family Stand) and my eldest daughter said to me after the match: "Dad, why did that man tell Mum to shut up?" Well, if you are that particular person and are reading this I would like to say that you are a fucking disgrace and it was a good job it was not brought to my attention in the stadium. I don't know why people like this bother going as there was also a kid nearby playing his handheld game console. It makes me wonder if the hassle of modern day match going is all worth it?

It is worth it. You said your family enjoy it immensely so don't let a few idiots put you off. There are a few idiots at every club which is inevitable amongst 45000 people. I also think fans' behaviour is much better than in the bad old days of hooliganism, racism etc etc.
South Stand Balti

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:18 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Blue In Bolton wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
freshie wrote:

It is worth it. You said your family enjoy it immensely so don't let a few idiots put you off. There are a few idiots at every club which is inevitable amongst 45000 people. I also think fans' behaviour is much better than in the bad old days of hooliganism, racism etc etc.

Of course you are right mate regarding fan's behaviour etc... it just seems to me after much discussion about the lack of atmosphere it is these fucking cretins that are responsible for it and as I said I am glad that my daughter displayed more maturity than the idiot who could not be bothered getting behind his team.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:23 pm

I was sat in a different area, where everyone else seemed to be regulars & know each other. If I was there every week, I would either have to move or start twatting people.

Bunch of fucking wankers.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:08 pm

Anyone see the video floating around social media of joe hart in the tunnel saying "we don't need to win this competition, man"

To some lad he was talking to??
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:23 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Its not the first time we have run out of ideas , and if Pellers doesn't start fuckign focusing on changing tactics during games very soon then he can fuck off !

Reminded me of the shit we were playing before the team took it by the scruff of the neckin spite of Mancini to win that first title.

Hope we get the same riposte but...I'm doubtful.

Sans Nasri and Yaya we are really shit. We can miss one but not two IMHO.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:49 pm

Original Dub wrote:Anyone see the video floating around social media of joe hart in the tunnel saying "we don't need to win this competition, man"

No. Sadly he's right. We win the league or run it very close and make the semis of the CL then the season will be deemed a success in my view. I don't expect to win something every season.

Maybe that was the vibe thrown out there in AD and the team picked up on it in terms of priorities?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:14 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Anyone see the video floating around social media of joe hart in the tunnel saying "we don't need to win this competition, man"

No. Sadly he's right. We win the league or run it very close and make the semis of the CL then the season will be deemed a success in my view. I don't expect to win something every season.

Maybe that was the vibe thrown out there in AD and the team picked up on it in terms of priorities?

Cheers

I just can't see that. I don't want to be negative but if we lose at chelsea next week we are a long way back. We have Barca in the next round of the Champs league. They will have the ref and we won't have Yaya in the first leg. The lads must have wanted to go to wembley again, surely to fook.
South Stand Balti

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:23 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

I just can't see that. I don't want to be negative but if we lose at chelsea next week we are a long way back. We have Barca in the next round of the Champs league. They will have the ref and we won't have Yaya in the first leg. The lads must have wanted to go to wembley again, surely to fook.

I don't think they ever want to lose or suffer from absolute indifference. The energy and effort was there and the first half had Boro not been fantastic defensively we'd have been up 2-0.

However, the second half was a different story. No real ideas or thoughtful play to find a winner. And my point wasn't about desire per se but if my boss gives me a goal and I have 2 or 3 things I need to do...those will be my priorities and tho I care about other things I wouldn't be as sad about missing those because I need to focus on the priorities.

Can't be different for a footballer. You can't win everything ffs. These grown ass men know that.

Also, Boro looked great on the day. Proper cup final mentality and defending that would win us the league if we could pull our finger out.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:31 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

I don't think they ever want to lose or suffer from absolute indifference. The energy and effort was there and the first half had Boro not been fantastic defensively we'd have been up 2-0.

However, the second half was a different story. No real ideas or thoughtful play to find a winner. And my point wasn't about desire per se but if my boss gives me a goal and I have 2 or 3 things I need to do...those will be my priorities and tho I care about other things I wouldn't be as sad about missing those because I need to focus on the priorities.

Can't be different for a footballer. You can't win everything ffs. These grown ass men know that.

Also, Boro looked great on the day. Proper cup final mentality and defending that would win us the league if we could pull our finger out.

Cheers

Yes, cheers. Well explained.
South Stand Balti

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum