shots outside area

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

shots outside area

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:25 pm

why don't we shoot from outside the area then try to pass the ball into the goal, in the first half we had 4 players in the area and what do we do pass pass pass bloody pass instead of taking a shot. when we are out of the area we just want to play the ball into the area in stead of having a fucking pop at goal
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Re: shots outside area

Postby twosips » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:29 pm

In general I agree but i think today's a weird example to mention as we had plenty of long range attempts though they were mostly naff.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:57 pm

I actually think it's an historical problem with City. It's like our trademark.

I think we have a lot of whinging old cunts in the crowd who make it worse by gobbing off if someone shoots & it goes wide. There was one in front of me. Reminded me of the old Platt Lane stand.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:14 pm

There is a stat on twitter ........

We have scored just once in 54 attempts (not including friendly) .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:27 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:why don't we shoot from outside the area then try to pass the ball into the goal, in the first half we had 4 players in the area and what do we do pass pass pass bloody pass instead of taking a shot. when we are out of the area we just want to play the ball into the area in stead of having a fucking pop at goal

Didn't Jovetic have a shot from outside the area in the first half? The one that hit the tower crane.

It is something we miss Yaya for - he forces teams to come out to stop him shooting. Bizarre thing is there's plenty of them who can do it, they just don't and there's no one worse for that than Silva.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:42 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
stevefromdonny wrote:why don't we shoot from outside the area then try to pass the ball into the goal, in the first half we had 4 players in the area and what do we do pass pass pass bloody pass instead of taking a shot. when we are out of the area we just want to play the ball into the area in stead of having a fucking pop at goal

Didn't Jovetic have a shot from outside the area in the first half? The one that hit the tower crane.

It is something we miss Yaya for - he forces teams to come out to stop him shooting. Bizarre thing is there's plenty of them who can do it, they just don't and there's no one worse for that than Silva.

Jovetic had one where the keeper made a decent save as the ball bounced just in front of him. He parried it into play but it went to a defender.

Lampard , no surprise, had his which was deflected onto the post and sadly away.

We do shoot from outside the box but just not as often as we should and even worse not always from the best situations.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ruralblue » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:01 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:

Jovetic did and there were a few others today but on a whole the OP is right we don't take enough pop shots from outside the area. There are many times where 'we' all see a clear shot on goal but the lads just push on working the ball with another pass. Teams who play more players behind the ball (a lot of fooking teams!) Then have that little extra time to sort their defense while we try work the ball into the box. Happens week in week out and it's frustrating.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:08 am

Against bus parking teams, we should be looking to do it all the time over & over again,& us fans should be encouraging it & demanding it, rather than shouting abuse. as some did when Jovetic hit one into the stand.

Thieir utter fucking fat mouthed stupidity, was shown by the one he hit later, which the keeper parried but no fucker had bothered to follow in.

It is not possible to not balloon a certain percentage of shots. Ronaldo does it all the time. If we keep trying, we will score a few.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum