***fa cup 4th round - city v 'boro - match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***fa cup 4th round - city v 'boro - match thread***

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:53 pm

Absolute shit house.

Fucking around in the middle east is a fucking shambles. Also a shape of things to come.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby clawbaggio » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:04 am

Our central midfield is a disgrace. Fernandinho has not recovered from the 7 - 1 vs Germany in the World Cup and is mentally shot at. He was great last year but shit now . Fernando - what can I say? One of our worst ever signings (and I'm taking into account Lee Badbuy there).
Kompany played like a little kid today. He's supposed to be our leader but he's fucking clueless at the moment. Boyata given a chance and looked like he couldn't give a flying fuck. Kolarov another not good enough.
clawbaggio
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: aguerro

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:31 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:Am I the only one who didn't think the first goal should have stood as the Middlesborough player absolutely smashed into Caballero as he won the ball?

Probably not.

Cheers

I think the boro player won the ball first tbh
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:01 am

Original Dub wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:Am I the only one who didn't think the first goal should have stood as the Middlesborough player absolutely smashed into Caballero as he won the ball?

Probably not.

Cheers

Would normally be given as dangerous play 100% of the time imo, even if it wasn't.

Dowd is a cunt. No excuse, but he is.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:30 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Probably not.

Cheers

Would normally be given as dangerous play 100% of the time imo, even if it wasn't.

Dowd is a cunt. No excuse, but he is.

I wonder how long it will take until officials are investigated on every level?

It's astounding that such a huge money spinner like the premier league does not put those who officiate it in the spotlight on a weekly basis.

I can take us playing dogshit and losing. Such is life.
But I've watched football long enough to know that goals change games. Particularly at home. Particularly against lesser opposition.

Will there ever be a level playing field as far as officiating is concerned?
Because I honestly believe it's getting worse.

And the fact that our own fans can say stuff like "forget the two penalties we should have had, we didn't deserve it.... blah blah"

Without taking into account how time and again that first goal gave swagger and confidence and turned into a 5 nil by the end of the game?!!

I don't know what amazes me more... the standard of officiating, the naivety of fans when it comes to knowing the significance of a goal or how shite a top team like city can operate at the same point every season.

goodnight.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:04 am

Original Dub wrote:I wonder how long it will take until officials are investigated on every level?

It's astounding that such a huge money spinner like the premier league does not put those who officiate it in the spotlight on a weekly basis.

But I've watched football long enough to know that goals change games. Particularly at home. Particularly against lesser opposition.

And the fact that our own fans can say stuff like "forget the two penalties we should have had, we didn't deserve it.... blah blah"

Without taking into account how time and again that first goal gave swagger and confidence and turned into a 5 nil by the end of the game?!!

I don't know what amazes me more... the standard of officiating, the naivety of fans when it comes to knowing the significance of a goal or how shite a top team like city can operate at the same point every season.

goodnight.

Good morning.

You're right mate, I also don't understand how these things are brushed under the carpet, as if we should be graceful in defeat and pat the other guy on the back. Yes, we do that but at the same time there are talking points that can be debated.

When they scored their 1st I was amazed that the ref didn't give a freekick, and not because I'm a Blue but because of the manner in which he went in for the ball. He basically stopped Willy kicking through the ball and then took him out so he could take no further part.

And what about the penalty calls. First one was a clear handball and even if the ref missed it, what about the 2nd shout where Sergio gets dragged back not just once, but 4 times, how does the ref not see that?

From what I'm seeing this year, like other years to be honest, we seem to be treated differently and the worrying thing for me is that it's not only in the PL, it's in every competition we play in, leading to us having to play 12 men week in/week out.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:47 am

We have history with Dowd. He was the tef that cost us the league cup semi with the dippers, giving handball against Micah. He did apologise after. I wonder if he apologised again yesterday. Even robbie fowler said it was a clear pen.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:15 am

Probably not.

Cheers

Great.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:32 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I wonder how long it will take until officials are investigated on every level?

goodnight.

Good morning.

You're right mate, I also don't understand how these things are brushed under the carpet, as if we should be graceful in defeat and pat the other guy on the back. Yes, we do that but at the same time there are talking points that can be debated.

When they scored their 1st I was amazed that the ref didn't give a freekick, and not because I'm a Blue but because of the manner in which he went in for the ball. He basically stopped Willy kicking through the ball and then took him out so he could take no further part.

And what about the penalty calls. First one was a clear handball and even if the ref missed it, what about the 2nd shout where Sergio gets dragged back not just once, but 4 times, how does the ref not see that?

From what I'm seeing this year, like other years to be honest, we seem to be treated differently and the worrying thing for me is that it's not only in the PL, it's in every competition we play in, leading to us having to play 12 men week in/week out.

The first hit his hand, bit from the angle, I'm not sure Does could see it. The linesman is a different matter. However, did he move his hand to the ball or did he have it in an unnatural position? I'd say no, therefore no pen and I'm sure we'd all be pissed if that had been given against us.

The Aguero one - if he was running towards the goal rather than away from it, would he have gone down? Again, if that had been given against is, we'd have been going mad.

We can complain all we want about officiating, but let's not brush over the way we let a championship side have several good efforts at goal and run through our midfield and defence almost at will. Or the way that we created very little in terms or real chances. The FA cup is gone, but unless we sort this out very quickly, so will the league and the CL. This isn't a two game problem, it's been there all season but we've got away with it, usually through brilliance from Aguero. We took responsibility when he was out and now he's back, it looks like they've all relaxed and looked to him to get them out of the shit again.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:12 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

goodnight.

Good morning.

The first hit his hand, bit from the angle, I'm not sure Does could see it. The linesman is a different matter. However, did he move his hand to the ball or did he have it in an unnatural position? I'd say no, therefore no pen and I'm sure we'd all be pissed if that had been given against us.

The Aguero one - if he was running towards the goal rather than away from it, would he have gone down? Again, if that had been given against is, we'd have been going mad.

We can complain all we want about officiating, but let's not brush over the way we let a championship side have several good efforts at goal and run through our midfield and defence almost at will. Or the way that we created very little in terms or real chances. The FA cup is gone, but unless we sort this out very quickly, so will the league and the CL. This isn't a two game problem, it's been there all season but we've got away with it, usually through brilliance from Aguero. We took responsibility when he was out and now he's back, it looks like they've all relaxed and looked to him to get them out of the shit again.
l
Again, you're completely missing the point. You can reason away all you want, probably to get it out of your system, but the point is that it happens over and over again and whenever it does we just say 'Ah well', when what we should be doing is highlighting the clear double standards when it comes to City officiating.

Yes, we went to shite once they scored, and yes, Pellers, for me, made some shite substitutions, and also yes, why the fuck were we returning from our holidays less than 24 hours before a game, but that does not excuse the absolute cheating/incompetent fuckers that we get week in/week out.

Anyway, got MotD Rewind on and watching the Spurs v City game from a few years back. It's now 3-0 and Barton has just got a yellow. Let's see what happens, I bet Barton get's another and sees red.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:14 am

Sent off at halftime. Ha ha ha!
Prince Joey.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:17 am

Jon Macken! I'd totally forgotten him.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:17 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

goodnight.

Good morning.

l
Again, you're completely missing the point. You can reason away all you want, probably to get it out of your system, but the point is that it happens over and over again and whenever it does we just say 'Ah well', when what we should be doing is highlighting the clear double standards when it comes to City officiating.

Yes, we went to shite once they scored, and yes, Pellers, for me, made some shite substitutions, and also yes, why the fuck were we returning from our holidays less than 24 hours before a game, but that does not excuse the absolute cheating/incompetent fuckers that we get week in/week out.

Anyway, got MotD Rewind on and watching the Spurs v City game from a few years back. It's now 3-0 and Barton has just got a yellow. Let's see what happens, I bet Barton get's another and sees red.

Don't be ridiculous.

Barton wouldn't be so selfish as to pick up a card & leave his team mates 3 down with 10 men. That would make him a complete wanker.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:33 am

I'd actually forgotten what he got sent off for, not seeming to remember that he got a second yellow for gobbing off to Styles, after the half had finished.

Loved that though and probably the only think Macken ever did for us.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:45 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I'd actually forgotten what he got sent off for, not seeming to remember that he got a second yellow for gobbing off to Styles, after the half had finished.

He scored at the Swamp too, didn't he?
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:49 am

Mase wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:I'm plumping for 3-1, and a good night out in Didsbury after.

Posh bastard!

Ended up in Chorlton, so more psuedo-posh than posh.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:50 am

mr_nool wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I'd actually forgotten what he got sent off for, not seeming to remember that he got a second yellow for gobbing off to Styles, after the half had finished.

Scored at the Et vs raggies. In that game where cunty Fowler was waving 'five' in front of the rags' fans when he scored, in spite of the fact he was actually playing for Manchester City.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:08 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Scored at the Et vs raggies. In that game where cunty Fowler was waving 'five' in front of the rags' fans when he scored, in spite of the fact he was actually playing for Manchester City.

Could never stand Fowler, I just didn't get the logic of buying a has-been on large wages, similar to McManaman. I think SWPs performance in that game was immense and for him to get the final goal, just topped it all off.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:19 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

goodnight.

Good morning.

l

I'm not reasoning away the defeat, I'm saying they weren't penalties or at best very soft ones wed have been furious about if they'd gone the other way.

The only dubious decision, if you want to call it that, was their first goal where it probably was a foul on Caballero. However, I'm not having that it's some sort of conspiracy unless Fernando, Kompany and Caballero were all in on finding a way to get the ball from the centre circle to our penalty area so that Dowd could screw us over.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:39 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

goodnight.

Good morning.

Whilst I agree with much of what you say regarding our deficiencies, I do think you are missing the point re the refereeing yesterday. A simple example would be to compare the penalty Dowd gave against Micah in the league cup semi (scouse scum) with the penalty he did not give for handball yesterday. It makes u wonder just what Dowd is up to.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum