Do you post on other forums?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Do you post on other forums?

Postby dazby » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:05 pm

I got blocked from a general football facebook group, for going after a rag (who was a mod) for posting too much bullshit, not knowing enough about his club and generally being a rag. He couldn't handle it and I got hooked.

Here and facebook. That's enough for me.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:14 pm

Have to be honest, I rarely go on BM, mainly because I always seem to be angry with the world when I have been there. I do check all other teams forums though for the view, and I can tell you there are some really amateur badly managed boards out there. Mancityfans.net is leagues ahead of pretty much everyone out there, and really hope it stays that way.

Its interesting because other fans judge all Blues by what they read on BM, so I see some really nasty stuff about City fans. I am going to post some comments from the Boro fans tonight, and you will see what I mean

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Slim » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:58 pm

CuteMancs wrote:Have to be honest, I rarely go on BM, mainly because I always seem to be angry with the world when I have been there. I do check all other teams forums though for the view, and I can tell you there are some really amateur badly managed boards out there. Mancityfans.net is leagues ahead of pretty much everyone out there, and really hope it stays that way.

Its interesting because other fans judge all Blues by what they read on BM, so I see some really nasty stuff about City fans. I am going to post some comments from the Boro fans tonight, and you will see what I mean

Did you check out the Barnsley forum? I was going there while Devante Cole was on loan to check what they thought of him. It's the sort of forum we had back in 98, bulletin board style.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:41 pm

Wow, thanks for all the responses. I wasn't expecting that.
Just for clarification Scatman, yes I was talking about BM regarding the highlighted bit. I feel quite comfortable debating on here.

I take on board everything you have all said. I may still just read because there are a couple of decent threads where you actually get proper information. It is a lot busier and you tend to get lost down a few pages if you don't type quick enough. I would imagine the age profile is younger also judging by some of the stuff that goes on.

Regarding the rest of the conversation here, I do believe, as I have stated on here before, that getting an outside perspective on any argument is not only healthy but also a wise thing to do. If we all agree with each other on here it can get very myopic as someone pointed out.
If nothing else Know your enemy. I like your away support threads Cutemancs and congratulations on turning blue. Grey wasn't your colour.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:55 pm

There are some absolute mongs on the facebook group. Makes blue moon look intelligent.

I stick to this. Best forum in the land.....
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:05 pm

I only post on here, going to another forum would be like cheating on one of my girlfriends. I was on the MUEN until they insisted on a facebook account.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:06 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:There is less site moderation here and one or two posters can be unnecessarily abusive.

sorry mate. sometimes I take it too far.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:28 pm

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:I dont post on any other forum, however i do like to read other forums inc rag cafe, RAWK, KUMB etc. Just to see what opinions are from other fans. Also it makes me like this place better as there are some absolute idiots out there, however, we have very few here.

I have been very close to signing up to rival sites on occasion to try and put the eecord straight on some drivel being spouted. Then i count to 10 and click back and read something else.

I am signed up on Villatalk, but they are mostly decent guys on there and we had a couple of ex-City players there at the time.

Another question to the pair of you then. Would it ever cross your mind to go under cover onto other clubs boards posing as one of them.....
No scratch that. I thought not.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:31 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:I dont post on any other forum, however i do like to read other forums inc rag cafe, RAWK, KUMB etc. Just to see what opinions are from other fans. Also it makes me like this place better as there are some absolute idiots out there, however, we have very few here.

I have been very close to signing up to rival sites on occasion to try and put the eecord straight on some drivel being spouted. Then i count to 10 and click back and read something else.

I am signed up on Villatalk, but they are mostly decent guys on there and we had a couple of ex-City players there at the time.

Another question to the pair of you then. Would it ever cross your mind to go under cover onto other clubs boards posing as one of them.....

I'm on RagCafe as Moyes T. Wat and on Chelsea fans.net as Terry_stole_my_wife.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Slim » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:32 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Slim wrote:

Do you think that's even possible for me?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:44 pm

mr_nool wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Slim wrote:

I'm on RagCafe as Moyes T. Wat and on Chelsea fans.net as Terry_stole_my_wife.

Nice they'd have trouble narrowing down where you've really come from.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:00 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Slim wrote:

I would not be able to hold back in pointing out the stupidity, I would be gone within a week.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby ruralblue » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:21 pm

Only ever been on blue moon a couple of times when this site was down a lot did on them days. That was enough for me and we weren't made very welcome. That place is too busy and very imature. This has a more family feel to it, the threads on Danny and more recently Bear go to show that.

We are cool as fuck!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:56 pm

I don't post on any other sites.

In the past, I occasionally used to have a 'peep' on Blue Moon but always found it too mundanely depressing and I haven't been on there for a long time.

I used to post on a warship forum and there was a forthright character there from Texas, who conducted himself in a similar style to our Doomie so, when I came onto this forum, I felt quite 'at home'.

I like the interesting breadth of knowledge exhibited and quality of the posts on this place, so I don't feel the need to go anywhere else.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:18 pm

Generally use BM for the transfer forum - basically it's NewsNow for transfer and you just look for the topic with about 200 new pages to work out who we're really linked with. Have used it over summer as well, as everyone on here seems to be on the beach from June to August.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:52 pm

Pretty much all of what you've written above I can relate to in my 2 months or so that I've been on it. There are some pretty intelligent posters on there. If you don't believe me, ask them yourself.
Can't see myself lasting. I think I've fallen out with someone already. Finally got engaged in conversation but I think he took exception to me disagreeing with an analogy he used to demonstrate his point.
Not the point itself. I actually agreed with that. They can be touchy, these intellectuals.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Socrates » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:19 am

Had a brief and very unsatisfying flirtation with the other place when I left this site in the midst of a mardy strop. I still read this forum though and found myself posting under my current persona when Hughes's appointment became imminent. I've drifted in and out ever since. Just occasional posts elsewhere, bit of footie and a fair bit of politics, though did co-run a Roddy Frame fan forum before it died a death when the RF/AC facebook group got busy.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Tesl » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:16 am

I think BM is a terrible forum. It's entire userbase is under 15 years old.

I also post on thefootballforum.net sometimes. That can be a pretty decent board actually.

Also reddit
Tesl
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:10 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:Pretty much all of what you've written above I can relate to in my 2 months or so that I've been on it. There are some pretty intelligent posters on there. If you don't believe me, ask them yourself.
Can't see myself lasting. I think I've fallen out with someone already. Finally got engaged in conversation but I think he took exception to me disagreeing with an analogy he used to demonstrate his point.
Not the point itself. I actually agreed with that. They can be touchy, these intellectuals.

RE intellectuals , always best to be short , to the point and blunt when in convo with those types or it gets boring as fuck ! ;-)

PS I've always wondered why intellectuals hang around football forums ??? Surely there are far more intelligent Internet forums for those types to hang about ? ;-) lol
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:47 am

london blue 2 wrote:There are some absolute mongs on the facebook group. Makes blue moon look intelligent.

I stick to this. Best forum in the land.....

I have abandoned Facebook in favour of...well not being on Facebook.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum