Do you post on other forums?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Do you post on other forums?

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:41 pm

Ok. I didn't really want to start a new topic.
l only wanted to ask advice. Do any of you post on Bluemoon also or is that a no-no.
I read for years before deciding to post here and on BM also to see what would transpire. Have to say I'm getting nowhere fast on BM, but I've surprised myself, in how addictive I find it here.
There are some pretty good threads that I've tried to join in, but nobody seems to engage much. Maybe I'm boring. Fair enough if so, but has anyone else, tried and given up.
Feel free to turn this thread into a general other forums discussion or let it die a quick death. Just didn't know where to place the question.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Re: Do you post on other forums?

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:55 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Ok. I didn't really want to start a new topic.
l only wanted to ask advice. Do any of you post on Bluemoon also or is that a no-no.
I read for years before deciding to post here and on BM also to see what would transpire. Have to say I'm getting nowhere fast on BM, but I've surprised myself, in how addictive I find it here.
There are some pretty good threads that I've tried to join in, but nobody seems to engage much. Maybe I'm boring. Fair enough if so, but has anyone else, tried and given up.
Feel free to turn this thread into a general other forums discussion or let it die a quick death. Just didn't know where to place the question.

i've got nearly 90,000 posts on liquid football
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:58 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

i've got nearly 90,000 posts on liquid football

Yes I heard it's great. But I promised a mate of mine I'd stay off it and leave it to him.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Plain Speaking » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:56 am

I post on both and like the variety of each. BM is busier. This site is more personal, Chinners daily update is the best, and there are generally more thoughtful opinions here.There is less site moderation here and one or two posters can be unnecessarily abusive.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:01 am

Plain Speaking wrote:I post on both and like the variety of each. BM is busier. This site is more personal, Chinners daily update is the best, and there are generally more thoughtful opinions here.There is less site moderation here and one or two posters can be unnecessarily abusive.

Define necessary.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Oli » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:14 am

The is no 'other board' :-)
Blue Oli
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:26 am

I dont post on any other forum, however i do like to read other forums inc rag cafe, RAWK, KUMB etc. Just to see what opinions are from other fans. Also it makes me like this place better as there are some absolute idiots out there, however, we have very few here.

I have been very close to signing up to rival sites on occasion to try and put the eecord straight on some drivel being spouted. Then i count to 10 and click back and read something else.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:02 am

Wonderwall wrote:I dont post on any other forum, however i do like to read other forums inc rag cafe, RAWK, KUMB etc. Just to see what opinions are from other fans. Also it makes me like this place better as there are some absolute idiots out there, however, we have very few here.

I have been very close to signing up to rival sites on occasion to try and put the eecord straight on some drivel being spouted. Then i count to 10 and click back and read something else.

I am signed up on Villatalk, but they are mostly decent guys on there and we had a couple of ex-City players there at the time.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:11 am

I have the same experience but in my case I think it's because I actually mostly post benign or boring thoughts. In your case I think it's because you're relatively new, as the site's kind of personal and all of that. Stick around and post in line with the common sense you already have and I don't think you have to worry. Moreover, just because someone doesn't reply to a post doesn't mean people don't read it or find it uninteresting.

I used to post on a Swedish forum but that forum died. Or it never lived. I don't know. I kind of think I destroyed a bit by posting to much. Nobody likes a bore.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:32 am

With my Spelleen what do ya fink
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Scatman » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:42 am

For clarification, the bold bit is a comment about BM isn't it?

You've done only about 200 posts but the content of some of them has been first class. Stick around cos you sound like a top bloke with some very readable views.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:08 am

Yeah a cinema 4D forum.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:22 am

Yep, on a geeks NFL forum that about 15 of us contribute to.

As for other footy forums, nope. Occasionally glance at BM as at the end of the day its all City fans and some of the stuff on there is funny at times, but I reserve posting to this place.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Feed The Goat » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:50 am

I was once signed up to BM I didn't enjoy it I've been on here a few years I don't post much but I log in and read it nearly every day
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City64 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:31 am

I used to post on BM but found it was a waste of time due to it being very very busy , good posts get lost very quickly plus it does get very personal , I still look in though . I also look in from time to time on other prem clubs sites just to get a gist of there opinion of certain issues , all good usually . This site has quite a few very knowledgable and thoughtfull posters who offer varied opinions and is far far less personal than BM . I enjoy this site and what it offers to get my City fix when we aren't playing etc etc :-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:36 am

No . Since the Muen decided to insist on facebook accounts etc i have dropped anything to do with them.

mcf.net has my undivided attention.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:37 am

No . Since the Muen decided to insist on facebook accounts etc i have dropped anything to do with them.

mcf.net has my undivided attention.

Twice sogar !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:54 am

Don't worry about people not engaging! this is an internet forum, not a counselling session!!

I went into BM a few times but there is a lot of shit in there way too much for me.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:38 pm

Think of Bluemoon as more like Mary D's - where everyone has to shout to be heard and its all very busy and quite a few idiots around but it can be entertaining
Think of this place as more like the Townley - Civilised, you can have a conversation, you can get your point heard and still achieve the whole point of discussing City with fellow supporters (however, every board has at least one dickhead)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:50 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Think of Bluemoon as more like Mary D's - where everyone has to shout to be heard and its all very busy and quite a few idiots around but it can be entertaining
Think of this place as more like the Townley - Civilised, you can have a conversation, you can get your point heard and still achieve the whole point of discussing City with fellow supporters (however, every board has at least one dickhead)

Good summary. I go on BM when it's dead on here, lonely with no fucker to talk to! By definition it is then also relatively quiet on BM so you can get in a thread.

Oh for the days of all those arguments about Mark Hughes!!!!

I go on TEAMTALK as well. It's not instant, but you can interact with other clubs' fans, for better or for worse!

Edit - I too abandoned MUEN when they went all Facebook.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum