****City v Hamburg official Match Thread****

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****City v Hamburg official Match Thread****

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:18 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Let the midfielders and forwards play the beautiful stuff. All the great sides played their stuff in the final third, not the first third. All I'm saying

I'm in the same mould mate, you stop a goal then it means you don't have to score 2.

I'm the other way round; if you score three goals, the opposition has to score three or four themselves, to stop you taking all the points.

On that basis, I just want reasonable no-nonsense defenders, as opposed to ball-playing superstars, in my back line, because the no-nonsense ones will be cheaper and this will leave more money for buying expensive goal scorers.

A decent Manager will be able to cobble together some sort of defence from assorted parts, but it's far more difficult to cobble together a potent attack.

However, this is just my own ostensibly 'lop-sided' and jaundiced view of what a team's priorities should be.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Re: ****City v Hamburg official Match Thread****

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:24 am

Anybody got any news on the injury to Ambrose?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum