Neville: City have not progressed

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Neville: City have not progressed

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:03 pm

He might be taking the piss as his own fucking club are pretty much where they were less 150 mill, the twat.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:04 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I have not seen Neville's comments yesterday,but he has always seemed to be the best pundit by a mile to me. I do not think our centre back partnership is any better than Kompany and Lescott. The full backs are the same. Is Fernando and improvement on De Jong? Is Navas a better bet than Johnson? Is Jovetic any better than Tevez or Bellamy? I do think we are better off in some ways e.g. no Mario bull shit, Bony is a great signing for me etc. Overall though, I'm not sure we are any better equipped.

I don't know why you are including Bellamy, but anyhow, players have had to be replaced & who are we ?

Answer: Champions.

We may be again this season & we will be stronger still next season. That's job done as far as I can see. We are not going to win the title every single year anyhow & if we did, I'd pack in watching it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:36 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:I have not seen Neville's comments yesterday,but he has always seemed to be the best pundit by a mile to me. I do not think our centre back partnership is any better than Kompany and Lescott. The full backs are the same. Is Fernando and improvement on De Jong? Is Navas a better bet than Johnson? Is Jovetic any better than Tevez or Bellamy? I do think we are better off in some ways e.g. no Mario bull shit, Bony is a great signing for me etc. Overall though, I'm not sure we are any better equipped.

I don't know why you are including Bellamy, but anyhow, players have had to be replaced & who are we ?

Answer: Champions.

We may be again this season & we will be stronger still next season. That's job done as far as I can see. We are not going to win the title every single year anyhow & if we did, I'd pack in watching it.

Do you think we have progressed? I assume Neville was saying we have not progressed since were Champs in 2012, which he touched on again tonight. I also assume he meant on the field. I'm not sure this side is any better than the 2012 team. I was at the EDS game yesterday and have no doubt the set up there is a massive step forward and offers real potential for the future, but I'm not sure the current squad is better than that of three years ago.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:56 pm

We have hardly ever had our strongest side on the pitch ever, for two seasons, but we won the league last year & are close 2nd now, in spite of having key players missing in different positions for a large part of the season & playing ten games with no strikers. Previous to that, the same cunts said we were a one man team.

We had Barry & Lescott coming toward the end of their careers, & Tevez/ DeJong having been sold already from our first team. That's 4 of the main players from that team gone & we replaced all of them & scored 100 goals . Tevez, Barry & Lescott were some of the mainstays of the cup & title winning team, & Nige wasn't far behind.

We lost those but won the double, playing the best pass & move attacking football in the league. We found a cenre forward to suit Pellegrini's system, & lost him due to personal problems, plus have been handicapped by Platini to stop us from replacing him.

We have just replaced him & his replacement can't kick a ball til Feb.

Neville knows exactly how this works but he'd rather talk this shite instead. What it effectively does, is devalues our title from last season, & if we win it this year, it's already devalued again because we 'haven't progressed'. They are writing our history for us. 'Not as good as Utd were'.

It's fucking bullshit.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:59 pm

Interstingly, I have a few long term rag colleagues who do know EXACTLY how good City are. And they are used to winning titles. If you asked them about the Arsenal game they would just reply 'stuff like that happens'.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:20 pm

I would agree that things like that happen. I also think our best 11 is the best in the league. I thought it was in 2012 as well. I don't think Neville would disagree either. He did say tonight that we have been a top teams for 4 years, though the media in general are negative in their reporting on city. Putting the media aside I do think Chelsea for e.g. improved over the summer by selling Luiz and bringing in Fabregas and Costa. I don't think our spending in the summer has had the same effect for us, though I'm hopeful Bony will move us forward.
South Stand Balti

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:38 pm

Of course we have progressed.

We scored the most goals in the division and just won a double.

You'd have to be either retarded or have an agenda to say otherwise.
Original Dub

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:15 am

Original Dub wrote:Of course we have progressed.

Both are true of ferret-face.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:34 am

RatBoy has been spouting this shit for a while. I think he first started it last season after the Rags won the league, hinting that our players were another year older. No shit Sherlock and those players went onto win the league with an amazing amount of goals with a League Cup thrown into boot. He then started it all again, once again mentioning we were another year older and I think it was the CL group stages where he said this was our last chance, as if we were supposed to win it in such a short period or we'd never buy a decent player again. And let's not get into the FFP argument.

From my perspective, RatBoy was just pandering to his and Sky's majority customers, forcing the issue that because we assembled such a squad that we should be winning quadruples year in/year out, giving no thought to his own club who took until '99 to win there first under Taggart after massive financial input, most probably greater than ours when put into perspective.

You can tell it hurts him when he sees where we've come from, and the only solace he finds is that at least we're not quite there in the CL, yet. He'll be hoping for a Barca win and even if the ref, like on so many other Barca wins, decides to give penalties for an infringement outside the area, or not give an obvious penalty to us, or send off our players for tying their shoelaces, he'll be there telling us all how fair it was and how the game usually evens itself out. He'll be smiling like the Cheshire Cat such is his deep-down love for the Rags.

City hurt them, let's not forget that.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:42 am

We have hardly ever had our strongest side on the pitch ever, for two seasons, but we won the league last year & are close 2nd now, in spite of having key players missing in different positions for a large part of the season & playing ten games with no strikers. Previous to that, the same cunts said we were a one man team.

We had Barry & Lescott coming toward the end of their careers, & Tevez/ DeJong having been sold already from our first team. That's 4 of the main players from that team gone & we replaced all of them & scored 100 goals . Tevez, Barry & Lescott were some of the mainstays of the cup & title winning team, & Nige wasn't far behind.

We lost those but won the double, playing the best pass & move attacking football in the league. We found a cenre forward to suit Pellegrini's system, & lost him due to personal problems, plus have been handicapped by Platini to stop us from replacing him.

Neville knows exactly how this works but he'd rather talk this shite instead. What it effectively does, is devalues our title from last season, & if we win it this year, it's already devalued again because we 'haven't progressed'. They are writing our history for us. 'Not as good as Utd were'.

It's fucking bullshit.

Spot on.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:09 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

It's fucking bullshit.

Spot on.

He is. The crux of the matter is that deep down the ferret-faced-fucker is a Rag through and through, that's why Sky wanted him. Yes, he may say a few nice things or give some nice analysis but that's his job. What we see now is his co-commentators mentioning how 'He must've hated saying/seeing that' etc and most of his pre/post-match analysis is about how teams can counter City, using highlights of our play to show where we could be had - Anybody remember how he highlighted our fullbacks going forward or Yaya's lack of tracking back?

His agenda seems to be, as Ted says, to depreciate what we have achieved and devalue everything we do, in a manner that doesn't come across too parochial.

Or, in other words, he's a Cunt!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:28 am

Or even have an opinion of your own.
South Stand Balti

Postby feedthegreek » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:09 am

personally i think neville talks a lot of sense, but on sunday he was talking as a scum fan, hes gotta remember when scum won a lot of their titles it was between them and arsenal, a lot of two horse races. now youve got us liverpool last season chelsea this and last season and arsenal always theirabouts, spurs are getting better and saints surprise team this season. we have past all the previous top 4 teams and made the league a lot more interesting so now 5 into 4 never fits, liverpool cant really compete in the transfer market with us, scum have had to spend 250 million to limp into 4th place as it stands, where at one time if scum had spent that amount of cash they would be miles in front and it hurts neville. hence we have to dominate to be hailed as a great side, with the introduction of unfair play i dont think any team will dominate as we have seen in the past, but i think neville is really worried that scum wont make top 4 despite flashing the cash around. also if you look at their performances this season, if they had been drawn in our group in champions league they would never had qualified. they would probably ended up in the europa league very worrying.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:54 am

personally i think neville talks a lot of sense, but on sunday he was talking as a scum fan, hes gotta remember when scum won a lot of their titles it was between them and arsenal, a lot of two horse races. now youve got us liverpool last season chelsea this and last season and arsenal always theirabouts, spurs are getting better and saints surprise team this season. we have past all the previous top 4 teams and made the league a lot more interesting so now 5 into 4 never fits, liverpool cant really compete in the transfer market with us, scum have had to spend 250 million to limp into 4th place as it stands, where at one time if scum had spent that amount of cash they would be miles in front and it hurts neville. hence we have to dominate to be hailed as a great side, with the introduction of unfair play i dont think any team will dominate as we have seen in the past, but i think neville is really worried that scum wont make top 4 despite flashing the cash around. also if you look at their performances this season, if they had been drawn in our group in champions league they would never had qualified. they would probably ended up in the europa league very worrying.

I agree with most of that and I really don't mind if Neville's biased as IMO, he's kept it on a reasonable level. However, as of this season, he seems to be letting himself go and it's not like we need more ex-united players or sycophants twisting and turning everything we do into something negative. It's not like anyone really needs that. It's just irritating.

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:16 am

I'm struggling to find a good analogy but like, imagine if you liked a particular brand of milk and every time you went into a supermarket, the clerk quietly whispered "fuck you" every time you paid for the milk. Not so loud so that you can hear it properly and call him out on it but sufficiently loud so that you know that he's saying it. Or she.

I used to think Neville was above this but it seems he isn't. Utterly disappointing, although I guess Beefy would just call me naïve for having had any hopes to begin with ;).

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:59 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

I agree with most of that and I really don't mind if Neville's biased as IMO, he's kept it on a reasonable level. However, as of this season, he seems to be letting himself go and it's not like we need more ex-united players or sycophants twisting and turning everything we do into something negative. It's not like anyone really needs that. It's just irritating.

I thought early on he was refreshing, because although he freely admitted he wasn't keen on seeing City win the title he was generally honest.

The comment above is spot on; if Utd had suddenly spent 250 mil at the start of last season & Ferguson was still there, you would expect to be struggling to keep up with them & be desperately looking forward to the summer transfer window to try & fix it.

If we were in Utd's position now, having spent all that money & looking at what they've got, starting with Rojo, Blind, Herrera, Fellaini, Mata, Shaw. Those are all squad players you add to the first 11 as cover. DiMaria is a great player but look at the fucking state of him v QPR.

Their biggest strength, is still Rooney & RVP, backed up by people like Valencia. Rooney & RVP are past their peak.

They have spent 250 mil, & have the biggest players, strikers, central defence, centre mid, still to replace in the next few years.

That's worrying Neville, & so it should be. We would be shitting ourselves in the same position.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:32 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:

Nope.

Retarded or have an agenda.

Do you agree with him, that since we became champions we have not progressed?

That a double is not progression on a title win?

Oh do tell...
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:41 pm

Original Dub wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Nope.

Oh do tell...

Don't forget, qualifying from the CL group stage for the last 2 seasons. Another clear sign of progression.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Herb » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:44 pm

I wouldn't even do him the service of dissecting his opinion - he's a dirty shit with a personal agenda and I won't wear the cunt.
I can remember him when he was still playing for the rags, he was warming up when Tevez scored against them and it was clear to see that he spat a gronger on Tevez from the touchline. It was on TV in front of millions but the press didn't even mention it because of fear of being ostracised by the old piss-can. Neville is now working amongst the shits that protected him on that occasion only he's even more biased.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:35 pm

Original Dub wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Nope.

Oh do tell...

I wont bother. It seems I made a mistake, seriously. I thought this thread was a chance to discuss our progression. I did give specific examples of where we progressed such as the EDS etc and winning a double is progression. I also gave examples where I thought we had not progressed e.g. the central defensive partnership is no stronger, Jovetic is not an improvement on Tevez etc but I was not saying we were going backwards either.. I thought this would be a debate around that and I was interested in other's opinions, but that is not why this thread was created. My mistake is that I really dont give a rats (pun intended) what Neville thinks, so I missed the point. This threads was set up to allow the board to call Neville a ferret face, a loathsome raggy fucker etc. I will leave you to it.
South Stand Balti

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum