Neville: City have not progressed

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Neville: City have not progressed

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:03 pm

I thought he made a right tit out of himself after the game saying we have made no progress since our first premier league title win.

And then when souness called him out on it he argued it for ten minutes.

Ffs if the current league and cup double winners aren't progressing, then I guess the rest of the league are fucked!

Anyway, then he said that it's "now or never" in the champions league v barca.

Basically we're finished if we don't knock barcelona out.

Mental.
Original Dub

Re: Neville: City have not progressed

Postby twosips » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:43 pm

All cos we didnt beat Arsenal without Yaya and Nasri.

I found it weird how there were absolutely no mentions about how the absence of them two really effects the quality of our game. Acting as if it was our strongest team and we fucked it up is weird.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:10 am

ONCE A RAT , ALWAYS A FUCKIGN RAT.!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:32 am

His commentary was all about how Arsenal could stop us and it's pretty clear to me that he was routing for an Arsenal win.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:11 am

What pisses me off about yesterday is that there is no way on gods Earth the Arsenal will do that vs Chelsea or United. Teams seem to save there gritty backs to the walls performances for us. Do you think Swansea will be as abject when we roll up to their ground. Not a chance.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:40 am

Sister of fu wrote:What pisses me off about yesterday is that there is no way on gods Earth the Arsenal will do that vs Chelsea or United. Teams seem to save there gritty backs to the walls performances for us. Do you think Swansea will be as abject when we roll up to their ground. Not a chance.

Arsenal were far from gritty backs to the wall they saw in the first five minutes we was lacking and took us to pieces with fast clever attacking and they pinned that with great defending there tiny shit keeper made one save of note.

We was the masters of our own downfall.

Oh and fuck Neville.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:47 am

2 set plays have done us, concedeing 2 to lesser teams we can turn around 2 to them with Cazorla strolling around and pulling the string not this time, we have played with fire and got away with it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:48 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:What pisses me off about yesterday is that there is no way on gods Earth the Arsenal will do that vs Chelsea or United. Teams seem to save there gritty backs to the walls performances for us. Do you think Swansea will be as abject when we roll up to their ground. Not a chance.

Arsenal were far from gritty backs to the wall they saw in the first five minutes we was lacking and took us to pieces with fast clever attacking and they pinned that with great defending there tiny shit keeper made one save of note.

We was the masters of our own downfall.

Oh and fuck Neville.

Yet on another day, they just stick the ball in their own net when a simple cross comes in or go missing from a corner. They defended every wide situation & every corner like their lives depended on it, fought for the ball in midfield, all stuff they don't do vs those teams.

They have NEVER produced a performance like that vs the rags, at least not since Martin Keown & Vieira left, & it's unlikely they will next time.

Arsenal's all hands to the pumps performance v City was entirely predictable, just as their likely performances vs Chelsea & the rags will be wide open, weak & shite. They resent City as a club, & fight vs us every time, but they expect to finish behind Utd & are getting there with Chelsea.

It's rare we have an easy game v Arsenal whatever the circumstances. It's rare rags have a difficult one, no matter how badly they play.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:19 am

The praise this cunt gets from City fans online for being impartial ( which should be a prerequisite in his job ) is fucking nauseating.

Bootlicking cunt.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:28 am

7 days ago he advised the world they would turn up get rolled over, Rag Wanker nothing more to add.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:43 am

The praise this cunt gets from City fans online for being impartial ( which should be a prerequisite in his job ) is fucking nauseating.

Bootlicking cunt.

He has changed his tune this last season compared to previous year though. This is not the first sign that he is sinking down into the mediocre pool that is general punditry. Shame, but bound to happen I guess.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:55 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Bootlicking cunt.

He has changed his tune this last season compared to previous year though. This is not the first sign that he is sinking down into the mediocre pool that is general punditry. Shame, but bound to happen I guess.

The mask is starting to slip more, I agree. I still found it nauseating to hear the praise he was getting simply because he was able to remain impartial, like I said that should be a prerequisite for any pundit.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:52 pm

In my opinion, Gary Neville has not progressed but regressed. Which is some achievement for a ferret-faced twat.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:49 pm

The mask is starting to slip more, I agree. I still found it nauseating to hear the praise he was getting simply because he was able to remain impartial, like I said that should be a prerequisite for any pundit.

Well it isn't is it?

Say what you like but he was excellent his first years as a pundit and he enriched my knowledge of football at least. Nowadays though, he's just as boring as all other soundbite-providers.

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:10 pm

Neville as a pundit is still head and shoulders above the others that are in the mainstream media these days. However, he does seem to be going the way of Andy Gray and getting too big for his boots as if his opinion is the only one that counts.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:41 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:In my opinion, Gary Neville has not progressed but regressed. Which is some achievement for a ferret-faced twat.

This is spot on.

He probably expected the rags to bounce back & therefore didn't mind so much City having a title here & there. Now he's worried that no matter how much they spend, they may still struggle to be what they once were & City will always be thereabouts, so he has become a supporter again.

His comments about not progressing are proven nonsense for the fact that we went from a side who surrendered the title, to one who learned how to win it again.

That is progression in itself. And whether we win it or not this season, we will be right back in the mix to win it next season, & the one after, & the one after. We will be chasing it every year, & some years we will win it.

That's all Utd did under Ferguson.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:07 pm

This is spot on.

He probably expected the rags to bounce back & therefore didn't mind so much City having a title here & there. Now he's worried that no matter how much they spend, they may still struggle to be what they once were & City will always be thereabouts, so he has become a supporter again.

His comments about not progressing are proven nonsense for the fact that we went from a side who surrendered the title, to one who learned how to win it again.

That is progression in itself. And whether we win it or not this season, we will be right back in the mix to win it next season, & the one after, & the one after. We will be chasing it every year, & some years we will win it.

That's all Utd did under Ferguson.

You're probably spot on as well.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:21 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:In my opinion, Gary Neville has not progressed but regressed. Which is some achievement for a ferret-faced twat.

Couldn't have put it better myself. He is probably still the best pundit out there but only because his peers include people like Michael Owen and Jamie Redknapp. The mask is slipping
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:23 pm

I have not seen Neville's comments yesterday,but he has always seemed to be the best pundit by a mile to me. I do not think our centre back partnership is any better than Kompany and Lescott. The full backs are the same. Is Fernando and improvement on De Jong? Is Navas a better bet than Johnson? Is Jovetic any better than Tevez or Bellamy? I do think we are better off in some ways e.g. no Mario bull shit, Bony is a great signing for me etc. Overall though, I'm not sure we are any better equipped.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:21 pm

I honestly think he's still a Ratfaced twat and even though he can move a cursor around a screen and tell us a few bits about tactics, his face and voice will always remain the same.

'Feed The Fucking Goat' RatBoy, you horrible little rodent!

As he's proved lately, ;Once a Rag, Always a Rag'. And don't forget that.

His self-entitlement pours out of him, even in 2D.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum