kompany - trading on past glory?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: kompany - trading on past glory?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:37 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:He's our captain, he's one of the best defenders out there and I don't think I would swap him for anyone.

However! I no longer think he should be rushed back into starting lineup for big games like yesterday or last year at Liverpool

That's all I'm saying also. Had we started Mangler AND Jovetic I wonder if our shape might have been a bit more of what arsenal couldn't handle in the box? Instead we made their job piss easy.

Cheers

I said this before he came back from injury , its fuckign shocking that he gets a pass every time and slots into the starting line up after every injury - its bad management.

There again , I think any manager that constantly fucks around with the back 4 deserves a slap, its costing us.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:25 pm

Why did Pellers feel the need to play him ahead of a settled partnership, I'll never know. We've seen on many occasions how he always gives a player at least 30 minutes to see if they're back to where they need to be but in this instance it was thrown out of the window, even though we've got another week between games, against Boro.

He shouldn't have played from the start.

As for past glories, bollox to that, he's a great CB and when fit, he's the 1st on the teamsheet. He has to be, he's our captain.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby AntMcfc » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:31 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:He's gone downhill since Pellegrini took over which isn't a surprise. He's a penalty box defender, that's how Mancini used him and that's what he needs to succeed. Pellegrini is quite the opposite. Pellegrini is macking a mockery of Kompany, he's ruined his reputation and not a word has been said. Bring Simeone to the club, or send Kompany to Atletico Madrid and you will see the return of the best CB in the world.

So what you're arguing is that City changes its manager and tactics, a manager and tactics that brought us two trophies last season and the most goals scored in the top division in the history of top-flight football in England, a manager and tactics that may well bring us another trophy or two this season, in order for Vincent Kompany to look good? Or sell Vincent Kompany instead? Very, very odd.

You can tell me if I'm over stepping the mark here,mate. It's just that I find some of your posts a bit odd to say the least. I'm not saying you're not a genuine City supporter, but I've checked back through some of your posts on various threads and there is a common theme. Your thoughts on each subject seem very negative. I've backed up some of your argument on the Nasri missing thread, although I did put in the caveat that you didn't get your point across well. If we were to do a lot of what you are suggesting across this board I think it would have a very destabilising effect on the club. I'm sure that is not what you want. Is it?
Not telling you how to go about your business, but you joined 5 days after me, although I can't find anything in the 'New comers Introduce yourself' thread. But you don't seem to have endeared yourself to the board from some of the responses you've been getting. Have to say some of your posts have been quite antagonising. You can have opposite opinions to people on here I've found, and people won't jump down your throat. It's all in the delivery.

IT WAS FUCKING HYPOTHETICAL YOU MORON OH MY GOD I'VE JUST READ YOUR OTHER POST ABOUT ME SUGGESTING I'VE NOT REPLIED AND ONLY JUST COME ACROSS THIS FUCKING DRIVEL. THE STATEMENT SUGGESTS THAT IF KOMPANY PLAYED FOR ATLETI HE'D BE REGARDED AS THE BEST CB IN THE WORLD AGAIN, LIKEWISE IF SIMEONE COMES TO CITY. WAKE THE FUCK UP. I DO NOT WANT KOMPANY SOLD, FUCKING HELL. PELLEGRINI CAN PLAY HOW HE LIKES AS LONG AS IT BRINGS SUCCESS, BUT ON THIS TOPIC, YOU KNOW, THE TOPIC ABOUT KOMPANY, I AM TELLING YOU WHAT KOMPANY WANTS AND NEEDS TO BE THE BEST HE CAN BE, AND THAT'S A MANAGER WHO WILL DEFEND IN A DEEP BLOCK AND USE HIM IN THE PENALTY AREA.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:45 pm

Speak up I'm hard of hearing, mate.
Fair enough I got the answer I was expecting. We'll just avoid each other from now on.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby AntMcfc » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:49 pm

Why would you want to ignore me? You're missing out on valuable insight, what I've just said to you is more insightful than anything posted by anybody else on this topic. Your loss.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:53 pm

I think and I am repeating it, if he misses anyone it is De Jong, plus Santi would have been stepping into a minefield with him in there as it was he tip toed around with a cigar on.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby freshie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:01 pm

AntMcfc wrote:Why would you want to ignore me? You're missing out on valuable insight, what I've just said to you is more insightful than anything posted by anybody else on this topic. Your loss.

I think that's the funniest thing I've ever read on this board. Well done!
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:12 pm

AntMcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:He's gone downhill since Pellegrini took over which isn't a surprise. He's a penalty box defender, that's how Mancini used him and that's what he needs to succeed. Pellegrini is quite the opposite. Pellegrini is macking a mockery of Kompany, he's ruined his reputation and not a word has been said. Bring Simeone to the club, or send Kompany to Atletico Madrid and you will see the return of the best CB in the world.

So what you're arguing is that City changes its manager and tactics, a manager and tactics that brought us two trophies last season and the most goals scored in the top division in the history of top-flight football in England, a manager and tactics that may well bring us another trophy or two this season, in order for Vincent Kompany to look good? Or sell Vincent Kompany instead? Very, very odd.

You can tell me if I'm over stepping the mark here,mate. It's just that I find some of your posts a bit odd to say the least. I'm not saying you're not a genuine City supporter, but I've checked back through some of your posts on various threads and there is a common theme. Your thoughts on each subject seem very negative. I've backed up some of your argument on the Nasri missing thread, although I did put in the caveat that you didn't get your point across well. If we were to do a lot of what you are suggesting across this board I think it would have a very destabilising effect on the club. I'm sure that is not what you want. Is it?
Not telling you how to go about your business, but you joined 5 days after me, although I can't find anything in the 'New comers Introduce yourself' thread. But you don't seem to have endeared yourself to the board from some of the responses you've been getting. Have to say some of your posts have been quite antagonising. You can have opposite opinions to people on here I've found, and people won't jump down your throat. It's all in the delivery.

IT WAS FUCKING HYPOTHETICAL YOU MORON OH MY GOD I'VE JUST READ YOUR OTHER POST ABOUT ME SUGGESTING I'VE NOT REPLIED AND ONLY JUST COME ACROSS THIS FUCKING DRIVEL. THE STATEMENT SUGGESTS THAT IF KOMPANY PLAYED FOR ATLETI HE'D BE REGARDED AS THE BEST CB IN THE WORLD AGAIN, LIKEWISE IF SIMEONE COMES TO CITY. WAKE THE FUCK UP. I DO NOT WANT KOMPANY SOLD, FUCKING HELL. PELLEGRINI CAN PLAY HOW HE LIKES AS LONG AS IT BRINGS SUCCESS, BUT ON THIS TOPIC, YOU KNOW, THE TOPIC ABOUT KOMPANY, I AM TELLING YOU WHAT KOMPANY WANTS AND NEEDS TO BE THE BEST HE CAN BE, AND THAT'S A MANAGER WHO WILL DEFEND IN A DEEP BLOCK AND USE HIM IN THE PENALTY AREA.

I'd much rather prefer the thought that Pellegrini can play how he likes because, in doing so, the football will be good on the eye and attractive to watch.

We've no divine right to win anything and your assertion only makes you sound a trifle spoilt.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:48 pm

Absolutely. I like the football he is trying to play. I think Kompany coming back from injury tends to try too hard to impress. Sometimes I think he is trying to prove something to himself, which strikes me as indicating self doubt or insecurity. I think Vinny will come good again, with fitness and Regular line up in defense.
Pellers is the boss, but personally I would have left Mangala and Demi together for the Arsenal match. Vinny could have played in the Middlesboro and Hamburg games.
He'd get confidence as well as fitness.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:36 pm

Imagine changing an entire team's set up for one centre back.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:57 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Imagine changing an entire team's set up for one centre back.

Imagine changing from the style we play, to the way Atleti play.

Then imagine the reaction if we came 3rd doing it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:55 am

AntMcfc wrote:Why would you want to ignore me? You're missing out on valuable insight, what I've just said to you is more insightful than anything posted by anybody else on this topic. Your loss.

If I didn't already know you were a mune, this would be a dead giveaway. A small-minded little person who thinks their opinion has more value that others' solely because they latch on to a team that once won a few trophies in the dim and distant past, using financial muscle gained on the back of repeatedly disrespecting the memory of the unfortunate victims of a plane crash.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:01 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Imagine changing an entire team's set up for one centre back.

Imagine changing from the style we play, to the way Atleti play.

Then imagine the reaction if we came 3rd doing it.

I strongly agree with both of you.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:36 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:

If I didn't already know you were a mune, this would be a dead giveaway. A small-minded little person who thinks their opinion has more value that others' solely because they latch on to a team that once won a few trophies in the dim and distant past, using financial muscle gained on the back of repeatedly disrespecting the memory of the unfortunate victims of a plane crash.

Nicely put.
Original Dub

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:18 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Nicely put.

+ 1.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby AntMcfc » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:40 pm

Imagine being so thick that you miss the entire point, not just once, but even after it was explained that someone else missed the point too. Gorm, mate. HQ levels of gorm.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:43 pm

AntMcfc wrote:

Imagine being so thick that you miss the entire point, not just once, but even after it was explained that someone else missed the point too. Gorm, mate. HQ levels of gorm.

I might be somewhat obtuse myself so, for the pettyfoggingly mentally afflicted, can you please define "HQ levels" of this "gorm" factor you seem so enamoured with ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:50 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:

I might be somewhat obtuse myself so, for the pettyfoggingly mentally afflicted, can you please define "HQ levels" of this "gorm" factor you seem so enamoured with ??

Gorm the Old, a Danish king
Gorm (computing), a rapid application development tool
GORM, Grails Object-Relational Mapping
Gorm, a character from Galidor
'The Island of Gorm' A fictional place from the children's toy 'Gormiti'
Gorm, the Gaelic word for "blue" found in for example, Cairngorm
Gorm, a range of storage furniture sold by Swedish outlet IKEA
Gorm, or gaum, means "attentive or alert", and is the basis for the word gormless.

From English dialectal gaum (“understanding”) +‎ -less (“without”)

So high levels of gorm would mean high levels of understanding, as opposed to 'gormless' which would describe that cunt.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:58 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:

Gorm, or gaum, means "attentive or alert", and is the basis for the word gormless.

So high levels of gorm would mean high levels of understanding, as opposed to 'gormless' which would describe that cunt.

That post looks like game, set and match to you Ted.

A nice set of concise definitions as well.....it's good to live and learn.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:58 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:

That post looks like game, set and match to you Ted.

A nice set of concise definitions as well.....it's good to live and learn.

It maybe a juvenile way at having a go but could also be considered as a patronising way at having a go at a Blue, especially someone like OD.

I'm not sure he's that clever though.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum